3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by 3points » 03 Dec 2018 23:20

Zip
3points
Zip
Apart from Hull who has been very poor?

Bolton and Sheffield Weds were very poor teams imo. Bristol City were very average and Millwall didn’t string two passes together

Millwall knocked the ball around in the first half and panicked and resorted to long ball in the second period. I thought both Shef Wed and Bolton were ok although the latter were a bit limited.

That’s fair on Millwall. They did stop playing after about 20 minutes. Shelf Weds were really rather average with the exception of Barry Bannon who ran the show.

Norwich were comfortably the best team to visit us this season and it was surprising they were in the bottom half of the table at the time

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 04 Dec 2018 11:12

Snowflake Royal with their players they should be pissing the league.

Absolutely. To be spending the money they have on Afobe as well, I am amazed that fingers haven't been pointed at Rowett yet - surely he's got to be in a precarious position by now?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 04 Dec 2018 12:19

John Smith

Absolutely. To be spending the money they have on Afobe as well, I am amazed that fingers haven't been pointed at Rowett yet - surely he's got to be in a precarious position by now?

Would you and OMA say he is next in line in our league for a manager to go?

I think it is him or Clement.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Dec 2018 12:21

Kulshaw72RFC
John Smith

Rowett will stay, got a feeling Stoke will put a run together something like we did in 2011-12.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Dec 2018 12:24

Hound Thought Leeds were good. Norwich and QPR at our place impressed me a bit

Two worst teams were Hull and Blackburn. Everyone else pretty similar level

Gourlay bizarrely had a real negative impact on the team. With his departure we will improve from poor to average and will move away from danger.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 04 Dec 2018 13:39

Sheff Weds manager must be starting to get a little nervous; and Parky!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 04 Dec 2018 14:38

Kulshaw72RFC
John Smith

You'll have to ask Old Man Andrews for his opinion but I can't see Rowett lasting the season. Mark Hughes would have got a better tune out of the team!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Dec 2018 15:30

3points Sheff Weds manager must be starting to get a little nervous; and Parky!

Why, is he outside without a coat on?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Dec 2018 09:27

I always thought the Sheff Weds manager looks like a Bond villain.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Dec 2018 09:29

genome I always thought the Sheff Weds manager looks like a Bond villain.

Forget Oddjob, he will be Nojob quite soon I think.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Dec 2018 13:50

We need to be wary of any Championship dismissals in case we end up with them

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 26 Dec 2018 22:18

From the Millwall site:

It is is the first time in eons that we haven’t gone a goal behind early on and we could sit back and just keep pressing and score more goals. They had different ideas. Their game looked controlled, they were hitting short passes to teammates and working the ball up field and looking threatening. They had to take a reality check a few minutes later as their CB Blackett went in two footed on Jed...I think...and was off for an early bath. All of my mates around me were pleading with the ref to just give a yellow and leave them with eleven on the pitch but the ref was having none of it. Off their defender went. We all feared the worst. And our fears were not misplaced. One of my mates said that we were one up with eight on the clock, playing against ten men after fifteen but they controlled the game for the next seventy five. They had a decent spell for about fifteen minutes when they really pushed us back. We really did have to stand strong but the real battlefield was in the middle. They knocked it around with ease and their front men looked a threat without being really threatening. Barrow looked a handful but was playing on the right and Meredith stuck to his task. We were not helping ourselves by not closing down from the front. Elliott was the biggest culprit and they played out of the back with ease. We tried to bottle them up and when the keeper struggled to clear and Big Tom made a robust challenge he got a yellow. He backed off any robust challenges after that and we never really looked a threat for the rest of the half.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Dec 2018 09:35

PistolPete From the Millwall site:

It is is the first time in eons that we haven’t gone a goal behind early on and we could sit back and just keep pressing and score more goals. They had different ideas. Their game looked controlled, they were hitting short passes to teammates and working the ball up field and looking threatening. They had to take a reality check a few minutes later as their CB Blackett went in two footed on Jed...I think...and was off for an early bath. All of my mates around me were pleading with the ref to just give a yellow and leave them with eleven on the pitch but the ref was having none of it. Off their defender went. We all feared the worst. And our fears were not misplaced. One of my mates said that we were one up with eight on the clock, playing against ten men after fifteen but they controlled the game for the next seventy five. They had a decent spell for about fifteen minutes when they really pushed us back. We really did have to stand strong but the real battlefield was in the middle. They knocked it around with ease and their front men looked a threat without being really threatening. Barrow looked a handful but was playing on the right and Meredith stuck to his task. We were not helping ourselves by not closing down from the front. Elliott was the biggest culprit and they played out of the back with ease. We tried to bottle them up and when the keeper struggled to clear and Big Tom made a robust challenge he got a yellow. He backed off any robust challenges after that and we never really looked a threat for the rest of the half.

Seems to be a fair summation from what I've heard. Reading really not helped yesterday by a couple of rash decisions and dodgy refereeing decisions but that's what happens when you're stuck in this sort of miserable rut.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 29 Dec 2018 20:15

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 30 Dec 2018 02:53

Yes - The Rangers fans seem very fair in their assessments of the game. here's another comment from the same website (but different thread) ...

"Happy with the point. Reading’s new manager has really brought new energy to their squad, the passing was slick and their wingers ran great lines.
Considering we were well and truly second best for about 70 minutes of that match I’ll gladly take a point."

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 30 Dec 2018 10:03

Reading had the best player on the pitch in Swift. I thought he ran the game and we really missed Luongo who does a similar job for us.

I thought Sone Aluko (14) :shock: ran the show ably assisted by Modou Barrow (17) :shock: and John Swift (10). Overall they were the better team even though we hit the bar twice which gutted me as Leistner was 28/1. He has been 33/1 all season until he scored at Forest.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Dec 2018 12:30

All echoed by one of my QPR supporting mates who was impressed and surprised we were in the relegation zone. Said we played it on the deck nicely.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 02 Jan 2019 15:29

From the Swansea forum:

I see Reading had seven corners, and didn't score from them , they must be bad or we have at last learnt our lesson.

I believe we scored with each of our first 3 goal attempts. It was a ruthless performance, yes, but I felt we have played better football at times this season but today we were set up correctly and didn't really need to get out of 2nd gear. The BBC stats would indicate that it wasn't as one-sided as the scoreline would suggest - possession R58/S42 shots R16/S8 on target R5/S5 corners R7/S1.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 02 Jan 2019 17:00

PistolPete From the Swansea forum:
'The BBC stats would indicate that it wasn't as one-sided as the scoreline would suggest - possession R58/S42 shots R16/S8 on target R5/S5 corners R7/S1.

Unfortunate that more of this isn't posted by our own fans...

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 02 Jan 2019 17:09

Denver Royal
PistolPete From the Swansea forum:
'The BBC stats would indicate that it wasn't as one-sided as the scoreline would suggest - possession R58/S42 shots R16/S8 on target R5/S5 corners R7/S1.

Unfortunate that more of this isn't posted by our own fans...

Maybe because we were there? Some of our "shots on target" were gentle dribbles towards the goal keeper. Yes they were pretty clinical with their first few chances, but they also missed some clear cut chances later on. Could have been 5 or 6.

4464 posts