Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Dec 2016 18:10

In my head that's very different to long ball. I'd say that season we were known for our wing play and crossing abilities.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Dec 2016 00:38

Jagermesiter1871 In my head that's very different to long ball. I'd say that season we were known for our wing play and crossing abilities.

Yes that's why people are saying exactly the same thing.

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 02 Jan 2017 21:10

Bristol City http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/ ... 70/&page=2

Inexplicable delusions with regard to their status. I realise that much of this is prompted by sour grapes, but how can the fans of what is what is basically a League 1 outfit with little or no pedigree at this level, feel superior to Reading?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 02 Jan 2017 21:24

bobby m's syrup Bristol City http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/ ... 70/&page=2

Inexplicable delusions with regard to their status. I realise that much of this is prompted by sour grapes, but how can the fans of what is what is basically a League 1 outfit with little or no pedigree at this level, feel superior to Reading?

Now I'm the last person to defend City fans, but most of the comments on there seem reasonable enough. Not too many posters claiming that they are superior to Reading, and those that do are challenged.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 03 Jan 2017 07:31

bobby m's syrup Bristol City http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/ ... 70/&page=2

Hsonestly though the Brizzel fans were very objective especially after the cruel nature of the defeat . Didn't notice any negative comments about Reading apart from the "Reading are no Liverpool", but in the context of the post it was very true and not derogative at all.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Jan 2017 07:43

Are you suggesting 60 seasons at this level or higher is little or no pedigree? Admittedly, they've struggled to regain the heights achieved before their own flirtation with liquidation but I would certainly put them at a similar size to ourselves, a huge potential catchment area and a chairman with deep pockets.

They are by far the biggest club in the South West of England and I've not seen anything on their site that is any different to the sort of stuff that gets posted on here when we lose..

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Jan 2017 12:01

How are they allowed to play in that kit?

I Sit in the SS and in the second half with a large police and steward presence I was really struggling to pick their players out especially in the second half when they were attacking the Atyeo.

No reason they couldn't have played in their home kit. They have many times at Ag in the past without issue.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Jan 2017 12:06

paultheroyal

I Sit in the SS and in the second half with a large police and steward presence I was really struggling to pick their players out especially in the second half when they were attacking the Atyeo.

No reason they couldn't have played in their home kit. They have many times at Ag in the past without issue.

:|

Didn't know Reading were the first team to wear a luminous kit?

Also, surely that would be more of a hindrance to us, as we could potentially pass the ball to a steward (as seen in a recent video posted online of a Peterborough player I think?)

Agree that there was no reason we couldn't wear our home kit - would it be something to do with needing to wear the away kit for a certain number of games so fans feel like they haven't just bought a shirt that the players are only going to wear once?

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 04 Jan 2017 12:21

Hendo
paultheroyal

:|

Didn't know Reading were the first team to wear a luminous kit?

Also, surely that would be more of a hindrance to us, as we could potentially pass the ball to a steward (as seen in a recent video posted online of a Peterborough player I think?)

Agree that there was no reason we couldn't wear our home kit - would it be something to do with needing to wear the away kit for a certain number of games so fans feel like they haven't just bought a shirt that the players are only going to wear once?

It does seem that our "away" kit is now a literal description rather than it being a change when a clash occurs as used to be the case. Personally don't like it, but that's modern marketing driven football for you! Although if we get promoted wearing it, it'll become a firm fan favourite!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Jan 2017 16:41

Interesting to see if it gets worn at ManU....

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 05 Jan 2017 11:26

From Despair To Where?

Are you suggesting 60 seasons at this level or higher is little or no pedigree? Admittedly, they've struggled to regain the heights achieved before their own flirtation with liquidation but I would certainly put them at a similar size to ourselves, a huge potential catchment area and a chairman with deep pockets.

They are by far the biggest club in the South West of England and I've not seen anything on their site that is any different to the sort of stuff that gets posted on here when we lose..

That is just what I am suggesting. They have had no notable success for years, bar ripping up League 1. They may well be the biggest club in the west, but who are the opposition? Exeter, Yeovil, Argyle? Granted they have a huge catchment area, and a benevolent chairman but in the current scheme of things, they are a yo yo club in moderate danger of dropping down a league once again. Their fans are in no position to patronise.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Jan 2017 11:30

Admittedly, our success has been more recent but how are we so different? Its not the Bristol City fans being patronising.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 05 Jan 2017 15:49

paultheroyal

LOL so its ok if 10,000 supporters, in the stand, wear the same kit as the team but having a few stewards in the stands with a similar colour to our away kit, its a "real struggle"

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Feb 2017 00:08

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Feb 2017 06:56

I've got some sympathy for them. They were fcuking awful before Rowett turned up, he turns them into a decent playoff contender then the owner sacks him and brings in a "name" with a far from stellar managerial CV who immediately oversees a 2 month winless streak.

You then play another play off rival with a newish "name" manager with no prior managerial experience, who were fcuking awful before he turned up and they turn you over playing tippy tappy possession football (which everyone hates when they're on the receiving end), all without getting out of 3rd gear.

For me, it would be a tipping point for how the owners have got it hopelessly wrong and I think I'd be a bit pissed off and bitter as well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Feb 2017 07:38

Can certainly understand their frustration

Obviously you could go on there and bore them about the injuries we have, lack of squad depth, 3 games in 8 days etc - yet still won

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Feb 2017 08:31

Interesting to see the Brummies think Newcastle and Brighton are 'running away with it'.
We're closer to 2nd place than we are to 5th....

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Feb 2017 09:15

Nameless Interesting to see the Brummies think Newcastle and Brighton are 'running away with it'.
We're closer to 2nd place than we are to 5th....

Ridiculous if they think that. I think (and I hate to say this) that Brighton do look very very good, like a real team with goals coming from all positions and in various ways. They really do look good for promotion.

Newcastle - absolutely not. They're totally inconsistent, no where near as good as Brighton and I can see them slipping up a few more times yet. I would not be surprised if they do drop into the play offs. I just hope it's Reading that takes their spot! :)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Feb 2017 13:09

CountryRoyal Sour grapes from the brummies.

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2151417

Rubbish seems a little on the harsh side.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 02 Feb 2017 13:32

I remember walking back to the station after the 2-0 defeat in 2012, after we'd wrapped up the league. I think Birmingham snuck into the playoffs on that day - there was this big mouth fan shouting about how Reading was the worst team he'd seen all year. He didn't like it when it was pointed out that we'd wrapped the title up in 45 games and the game we'd just seen didn't make any difference. Similar sour grapes again this time it seems..

4486 posts