Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
WAZZOCK

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by WAZZOCK » 02 Feb 2017 17:56

We had a ropey first 10 minutes of each half, but we really should have been 4-0 up at half time.

Sour grapes and all that.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Feb 2017 20:06

Nameless Interesting to see the Brummies think Newcastle and Brighton are 'running away with it'.
We're closer to 2nd place than we are to 5th....

One of the correspondents on talksport (a lady) said Brighton and Newcastle are like men against boys this season, which completely baffled me.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Feb 2017 20:17

Jagermesiter1871
Nameless Interesting to see the Brummies think Newcastle and Brighton are 'running away with it'.

One of the correspondents on talksport (a lady) said Brighton and Newcastle are like men against boys this season, which completely baffled me.

About 2 months ago I upgraded to a DAB radio as my old one barely worked and would only pick up some stations.

I began listening to Talksport. Initially really enjoyable. But now the amount of utter tripe they talk is annoying. I've never listened to so much deluded and wrong things in my life. Some is ok but the majority is rubbish.

Alan Brazil in the morning i initially enjoyed but now him and that scouse guy is unbearable. Equally I listened to two presenters on there about 10pm after the Fulham game. It was embarrassing.

Conversation was:

Presented 1: Coutinhio is on £70k a week. A complete joke, how can they pay him so little? :shock:

Presenter 2: he should be on around £150k a week in my opinion.

Presenter 1: what about Sanchez and Girioud. What would you like to see them paid?

Presenter 2: I'd say £200k a week

Presenter 1: and Silva?

Presenter 2: £250k a week Id say.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Feb 2017 23:06

bobby1413
Jagermesiter1871

About 2 months ago I upgraded to a DAB radio as my old one barely worked and would only pick up some stations.

I began listening to Talksport. Initially really enjoyable. But now the amount of utter tripe they talk is annoying. I've never listened to so much deluded and wrong things in my life. Some is ok but the majority is rubbish.

Alan Brazil in the morning i initially enjoyed but now him and that scouse guy is unbearable. Equally I listened to two presenters on there about 10pm after the Fulham game. It was embarrassing.

Conversation was:

Presented 1: Coutinhio is on £70k a week. A complete joke, how can they pay him so little? :shock:

Presenter 1: what about Sanchez and Girioud. What would you like to see them paid?

Probs Jason Cundy and Andy Goldstein.

Alan Brazil is stealing a living. Completely clueless. Breakfast show is just him chatting to his mates.

I enjoy drive. Adrian Durham's entertaining as long as you don't take him seriously.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 02 Feb 2017 23:24

bobby1413
Jagermesiter1871

I began listening to Talksport. Initially really enjoyable. But now the amount of utter tripe they talk is annoying. I've listened to so much deluded and wrong things in my life. Some is ok but the majority is rubbish.

Conversation was:

+1

Except for I'm talking ten years ago
Brazil and Parry were amusing to start with but the novelty soon wore off
And it should be called TalkFootball as that's all they are interested in

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 02 Feb 2017 23:44

They do occasionally talk about cricket, horse racing and boxing, but that seems to be it.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Feb 2017 07:41

Was listening this morning - usually do first thing as I prefer talk radio in the morning.

Someone said (not Brazil/Scouse guy), that Lampard should go straight into the Premier League as a coach as he's too talented to have to do his badges and work in the lower leagues. He knows what world class footballers are like apparently.

I'm the first to admit that I don't know much about football compared to other fans but one thing that seems obvious to me is that playing (at any level) is ENTIRELY different to coaching. How many fantastic footballers are now good coaches? Similarly how many great players have failed in coaching and the top leagues?

It's often like listening to two Man United fans from Surrey, who never miss a game on sky sports talk about their views on football.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Feb 2017 10:27

bobby1413 Was listening this morning - usually do first thing as I prefer talk radio in the morning.

Someone said (not Brazil/Scouse guy), that Lampard should go straight into the Premier League as a coach as he's too talented to have to do his badges and work in the lower leagues. He knows what world class footballers are like apparently.

I'm the first to admit that I don't know much about football compared to other fans but one thing that seems obvious to me is that playing (at any level) is ENTIRELY different to coaching. How many fantastic footballers are now good coaches? Similarly how many great players have failed in coaching and the top leagues?

It's often like listening to two Man United fans from Surrey, who never miss a game on sky sports talk about their views on football.

Ray Wilkins was on instead of Mickey Quinn, so was probs him.

double d

by double d » 03 Feb 2017 10:54

Some *Stam* seem to take at it like a duck in water. Others (Zola is one i can think of) cannot seem to coach a team to save their lives.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Feb 2017 11:04

bobby1413 Was listening this morning - usually do first thing as I prefer talk radio in the morning.

Zidane I guess? Laurent Blanc? Conte? Dechamps? Ancelotti? Beckenbauer and Cruyff would be the best examples though right? Granted theres not many and theres way more examples of lower level players becoming great coaches.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Feb 2017 11:20

Jagermesiter1871 One of the correspondents on talksport (a lady) said Brighton and Newcastle are like men against boys this season, which completely baffled me.
Probably best not to search for that on the internet just in case

Glory Boy

by Glory Boy » 03 Feb 2017 11:23

Pepe the Horseman

My Word it was. There's no two ways about it. A smashing fella, a wonderful chap, one of then nicest people you could possibly meet. I have to say.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Feb 2017 12:08

Glory Boy
Pepe the Horseman

My Word it was. There's no two ways about it. A smashing fella, a wonderful chap, one of then nicest people you could possibly meet. I have to say.

:D

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 Feb 2017 12:27

Winchester Royal They do occasionally talk about cricket, horse racing and boxing, but that seems to be it.

When they do its not for long. Football dominates
Horse racing gets a mention when Brazil goes to Goodwood or somewhere else to party hard

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 Feb 2017 12:27

Glory Boy
Pepe the Horseman

very accurate

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Feb 2017 13:19

double d Some *Stam* seem to take at it like a duck in water. Others (Zola is one i can think of) cannot seem to coach a team to save their lives.

And Stam had been coaching/managing at youth level for 7 years before getting the Reading job.

Anyway, I see Zola has been whinging about Reading fast showing a lack of class
For singing Gary Rowett's name after we scored. Ah diddums.

I liked Zola as a player but he increasingly comes across as a clueless twat as a manager.

Zola for Rowett was absolutely the most brainless managerial change of the season and, nothing against Zola personally or City fans but I'm glad it's going tits up.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Feb 2017 13:49

It makes me wonder why any top footballer even would consider management. Why? Even when successful it must be stressful as the expectation increases, the greedy board want their money and it's a battle of funds, losing you're examined (rather than players), fans start turning...

If I was a top footballer (I'm not in case you were wondering), I would happily go into an academy role, or into the youth system maybe.

Management - thankless task (other than the huge sums of money their paid :wink: )

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Feb 2017 13:59

Pepe the Horseman
bobby1413
Jagermesiter1871

Conversation was:

Probs Jason Cundy and Andy Goldstein.

Alan Brazil is stealing a living. Completely clueless. Breakfast show is just him chatting to his mates.

I enjoy drive. Adrian Durham's entertaining as long as you don't take him seriously.

Whenever I listen to Talkshite, I'm convinced they spout bollocks on purpose. Like, they know they're talking crap but it's their shtick.

Cundy? More like Jason Pcunty right guys? Lol x

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Feb 2017 14:24

genome Whenever I listen to Talkshite, I'm convinced they spout bollocks on purpose. Like, they know they're talking crap but it's their shtick.

Same as Adie Williams on BBCRB then?

Seems to say anything just to say something and for a reaction

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Feb 2017 14:27

bobby1413
genome Whenever I listen to Talkshite, I'm convinced they spout bollocks on purpose. Like, they know they're talking crap but it's their shtick.

Same as Adie Williams on BBCRB then?

Seems to say anything just to say something and for a reaction

No I genuinely believe Adie is just an idiot.

I like him, he's just clueless.

4486 posts