Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Wednesday (H)

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jan 2016 21:43

How did Vydra and Kermorgant link up?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2016 21:44

CountryRoyal How did Vydra and Kermorgant link up?

I was at the wrong end of the pitch to see clearly, but I'd expected a bit of a lump in Kermorgant and he was surprisingly tidy and spritely for a 34 year old IMO.

I think they'll work well.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jan 2016 21:46

Also we would've lost today if it weren't for Gunter.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 23 Jan 2016 21:53

Not much really.

Agree with previous comment about Norwood and Evans playing far too deep. Was expecting a lot more from Evans in terms of energy and "box to box".

Gunter was dreadful in the first half and until Williams moved into the middle. Better after that once he started trying to do something positive when he got the ball. I liked the look of their right back though.

Not really sure why Sheffield Weds are in 6th. Scored a goal and then parked the bus for 81 minutes. Thought Brentford and Ipswich were both better.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jan 2016 21:58

Ian Royal

I was at the wrong end of the pitch to see clearly, but I'd expected a bit of a lump in Kermorgant and he was surprisingly tidy and spritely for a 34 year old IMO.

I think they'll work well.

Not surprised by your assessment from what I've read/heard from Bournemouth fans. Just saw the miss at the end which was a shocker but early days, hopefully see him next week.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jan 2016 21:58

3points Thought Brentford and Ipswich were both better.

:?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Jan 2016 22:03

genome

Well spotted, unless of course he's seen our future match and they dick us in revenge for the 5-1 dicking earlier in the season.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 23 Jan 2016 22:03

I can't have been at the same game as some of you. I went to see Reading vSheff Wed, and it doesn't sound like the game some of you have described.

In the first 20 minutes of the game that I watched we were outplayed by Wednesday and we conceded a horrible goal. After that initial 20 minutes we came back into the game and, though the team shape was completely wrong we slowly turned it all around. We got a deserved penalty that we didn't convert, sadly.

At half time the misshapen team was adjusted and the, previously awful, Williams found his feet once he was in his own position and able to play. For the next 45 minutes we were all over Wednesday and it would not have been unjustified if we'd won it.

Throughout the 90 minutes Norwood ran the show as usual. Obita was a refreshing return to close to his best. Gunter was MoM. HRK impressed me from start to finish. AAH did what was needed and was hardly tested, could have done nothing about the goal. Vydra was excellent, save the crucial penalty miss. Evans showed why we chased him but he is off the pace of this league and is not likely to partner Norwood in CM in my view - he is very confident on the ball and, like Norwood, is not afraid to go looking for it.

Kermogant is, at last, a proper CF. Pity he missed the header at the end but he'll score a few between now and the end of this season. Ola John has to be got ready for starting. He is a game changer.

Wrong result but at least it wasn't a defeat. It is incomprehensible that this team will need to look downwards from now on. It is unlikely, but not impossible, that we could go on a late run to the play offs. So, let's have some real entertainment from the team!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Jan 2016 22:06

^ at last.....somebody who was actually there

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Jan 2016 22:08

Really weak stuff to play a CM out wide just to fit three CMs on the pitch without changing from your default formation.

But glad that when McD realises his mistakes he makes the changes. Sometimes think he suffers amnesia though so I expect Williams on the wing in the next game

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2016 22:12

Extended-Phenotype Really weak stuff to play a CM out wide just to fit three CMs on the pitch without changing from your default formation.

But glad that when McD realises his mistakes he makes the changes. Sometimes think he suffers amnesia though so I expect Williams on the wing in the next game

Walsall is an excellent opportunity to try someone like Hurtado or Stacey there. Or put HRK there and try John at LW again, or Obita at LW. Or switch up the formation to 4-3-3 with, say

......Williams..Norwood..Quinn
.....HRK.............Vydra........Piazon

assuming both the newbie's are cup tied.

Work out what you can do instead of Williams in McCleary's stead.

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 23 Jan 2016 22:15

Extended-Phenotype Really weak stuff to play a CM out wide just to fit three CMs on the pitch without changing from your default formation.

Who would you have played on the wings today out of interesT?

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 23 Jan 2016 22:16

Play Kermorgant, Vydra, HRK John and Piazon in a crazy front 5.....stick Williams in front of the defence and encourage Gunter/Obita to bomb on......we'd obviously win :wink:

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 23 Jan 2016 22:18

genome Would just like to point out that we've lost just one game in all competitions in the last 7. Just need to stop conceding the first goal and those draws will turn into wins

Umm...think you will find we have lost 2 of the last 7 (MK & Brentford) and lost 3 of the last 8...drawing 3 (inc. the cup game) and we've only won twice (once in the cup)...5pts out of 18 in the league...hardly inspiring...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2016 22:19

RoyalinBracknell

Option 1: Midfield three, no wingers
Option 2: HRK right, John left
Option 3: Hurtado right
Option 4: Stacey right
Option 5: HRK right, Obita left, Taylor left back
Option 6: Gunter right, Keown right back
Option 7: HRK right, Fosu left
Last edited by Ian Royal on 23 Jan 2016 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 23 Jan 2016 22:21

tidus_mi2
genome

Well spotted, unless of course he's seen our future match and they dick us in revenge for the 5-1 dicking earlier in the season.

Ipswich caused us more problems defensively than any other team I've seen at the Mad Stad this season. 5-1 totally flattered us. IIRC, didn't we have 7 shots and scored 5 goals?

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 23 Jan 2016 22:28

Little snippet unless my eyes are deceiving me. We've had no player disciplined for the last 2 games. The last time that happened was 24/11/12 and 27/11/12, both away games funnily enough.

Just a bit earlier in that season, we also had a run of no cards in 3 consecutive games - 28/02/12, 16/09/12 and 22/09/12.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 23 Jan 2016 22:32

Ian Royal
RoyalinBracknell

Bloody hell Ian. Gunter on the right wing? I can't wait for him to leave

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Jan 2016 22:33

RoyalinBracknell

Wingers

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2016 22:40

3points
Ian Royal
RoyalinBracknell

Bloody hell Ian. Gunter on the right wing? I can't wait for him to leave

It is 6th choice! But I'd still go there ahead of moving Williams out of central midfield.