BFTG - Wednesday (H)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Wednesday (H)

by Ian Royal » 25 Jan 2016 18:24

Nameless Always a mistake to analyse anything anyone says on a to highlights show. They don't employ people with football knowledge or any linguistic subtlety .

Well at least they've learnt to match the presenters to their viewing public, if Kes is anything to go by.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Jan 2016 18:26

bcubed
John Smith
Ian Royal On the pen, I've got to say weds showed a masterclass in how to put off a striker.

Defender who gave it away stayed down pretending injury to make Vydra wait.

Another player gets in Vydra's ear, doubtless psyching him out

Keeper takes his time drying his hands just when Vydra thought it was go time to sap the moment from him.

Ref failed to stamp his authority on them all game.

+1000

I was watching the saga unfold knowing deep down he'd miss, no confidence. Should have been someone else taking.

I'm glad we didn't lose this, they really are full of themselves as a club and supporters. That "we're on our way back" chant - they were in oxf*rd League 1 3 years ago and have been mid table ever since they came back up!!

Indeed
I dont think he helped himself by picking up the ball and waiting at the penalty spot the whole time this was going on

Yep. As soon as it became apparent there was an 'injury' he should have picked it up, wandered over to our other players and done something to take his mind off, until he got called back to it. But hindsight is golden, and it wasn't a weak penalty, just 3-4 inches off perfect.

THE HUMAN BISCUIT

by THE HUMAN BISCUIT » 25 Jan 2016 18:42

Bumped into Danny Williams after the game. He said the Wednesday centre-half got a tiny touch on the Kermorgant 'sitter' as it came over. That's why he missed.