Back On the train- Charlton

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back On the train- Charlton

by Royal Ginger » 27 Feb 2016 22:34

I tend to agree. First striker we've had since Long who looks even half competent at the lone striker roll. He's got a couple of years in him yet, no major repeat injuries and while he's not going to break speed records he's certainly no slouch.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 27 Feb 2016 22:46

Yeah Ady's never been the brightest. Not quite sure how he of all ex-players 'made it' as a pundit.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Feb 2016 22:50

Why have a pundit who was neither born ...nor brought up in Barkshyre?

Love Ady....but he does spought sh1t

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Feb 2016 23:40

Thought Quinn had a good game. Needs a partner that plays with the same level of energy, intensity and movement. In the current formation Norwood isn't that player.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Feb 2016 00:06

Irvinchangeyaname
PistolPete Great atmosphere in the away end

Really? I thought, for the number of fans we had there, we were embarrassingly quiet.
Came over loud and clear on the radio

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Feb 2016 01:02

Just seen the highlights. Could easily have been 7-7 based on that.
Al-Habsi seems the difference.

Not handball for the disallowed goal for me. Charlton should never have conceded the fourth. Woeful defending. That's why they're going down. Sanogo way too good for them (and us).

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 28 Feb 2016 01:11

Those saying ola john was at fault for their first goal?

He was tight on the line and hector fizzed it in to him, had two players on him, loose control but give the guy a break, thought he was one of our better players today.

at 3-3 thought i could see a horrific loss coming, denis, my new hero!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Feb 2016 02:35

We so almost managed to fcuk that up.

Thought we were decent going forward but our defending was borderline retarded. More sloppy than a post curry beeriod.

Whilst acknowledging our calamity defending I thought Charlton looked better than bottom and notions of "it's only Charlton" can be disregarded, as away from home, we are as bad as they come.

Happy Kermorgant finally got his goals. Standouts were John (good) and Cooper (shit). Well done to McDermott for almost oxf*rd it up with bizzare substitutions, although at 3-3 when Denis came on I jokingly said it was all part of his master plan to bring on Rakels and get the winner.

BUT WHO CARES ABOUT ANY OF THAT BECAUSE WE WON AWAY!!!!!

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 28 Feb 2016 08:29

Ian Royal Just seen the highlights. Could easily have been 7-7 based on that.

Not handball for the disallowed goal for me. Charlton should never have conceded the fourth. Woeful defending. That's why they're going down. Sanogo way too good for them (and us).

Feel guilty saying this, but there was not a single save Al Habsi made that was anything above what a keeper should do, and twice (?) he could have done better.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Feb 2016 08:43

There's plenty to like about him but Ady Williams is surely auditioning for TalkSport.

And I can't say much worse than that.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 28 Feb 2016 08:56

Lower West Thought Quinn had a good game. Needs a partner that plays with the same level of energy, intensity and movement. In the current formation Norwood isn't that player.

Sounds like Guthrie deja vous

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 28 Feb 2016 09:20

The bloke behind started shouting about getting kermogant off at the 70min mark because he is 'a liability'.

He did tire second half but to say that after scoring two, having goal of the season disallowed and setting up John I can only think he is blind, very drunk or arrived at half time.

Idiot.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 28 Feb 2016 09:24

PistolPete

Feel guilty saying this, but there was not a single save Al Habsi made that was anything above what a keeper should do, and twice (?) he could have done better.

No replays on the video I watched, but that seems incredibly harsh. He saved everything except the point-blank range stuff.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Feb 2016 09:25

PistolPete

Possibly could have done better with the second and third but he wouldn't have had to do better if our right side actually tried to stop the supply line coming into the box.

Stockport Royal Those saying ola john was at fault for their first goal?

He was tight on the line and hector fizzed it in to him, had two players on him, loose control but give the guy a break, thought he was one of our better players today.

at 3-3 thought i could see a horrific loss coming, denis, my new hero!

Watched him after it went in and his reaction showed that he knew he shouldn't have lost the ball.

Lower West Thought Quinn had a good game. Needs a partner that plays with the same level of energy, intensity and movement. In the current formation Norwood isn't that player.

Big fan but I actually thought Quinn had one of his poorer games. He was extremely sloppy in possession on quite a few occasions, his industry off the ball masked his performance on the ball.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Feb 2016 09:43

1. We got three points away from home for the first time since late SEPTEMBER which is something to celebrate however it happened.
2. Defensively Reading were quite awful. Two of Charlton's goals came from comedy defending and the third was little better.
3. Really useful going forward and should have had about 5 in the 1st half
4. Came out after half time and should have had another 2 or 3 in the first 5 minutes but then they got one of their comedy awards and Reading seemed to decide to want to try and protect the remaining goal lead for the rest of the game and it took about another 25 minutes to get the ball back down to Charlton's penalty area
5. Charlton are utter crap.
6. The Brian effect is slowly crawling back though with some determination to still go an win the game after we'd seemingly thrown it all away.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Feb 2016 10:21

Was it my imagination or was there a large number of complete w4nkers in the away end?

Not sure if it's because

- we sold out away end
- it's £5 a ticket
- or I was sober

But there was a group behind me constantly giving the finger to the home fans - most of the time they were just sat quietly watching the game and not even looking. The group - all about 16 - also chanting "you couldn't score in a brothel" when it was 3-2.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 28 Feb 2016 10:54

Where are the decent highlights to be found?

George_

by George_ » 28 Feb 2016 11:05

Great day out & decent atmosphere in the away end.

Pretty terrible defending from both teams throughout and when it went to 3-3 under Clarke or Adkins we would have caved in, not under Brian though where it feels the team will keep going and look for the winner right until the last minute.

Que great scenes in the away end after Rakels winner.

3 points away from home, doesn't matter how you get them, especially after not winning away since September.

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 28 Feb 2016 11:16

CountryRoyal We so almost managed to fcuk that up.

Thought we were decent going forward but our defending was borderline retarded. More sloppy than a post curry beeriod.

Whilst acknowledging our calamity defending I thought Charlton looked better than bottom and notions of "it's only Charlton" can be disregarded, as away from home, we are as bad as they come.

Happy Kermorgant finally got his goals. Standouts were John (good) and Cooper (shit). Well done to McDermott for almost oxf*rd it up with bizzare substitutions, although at 3-3 when Denis came on I jokingly said it was all part of his master plan to bring on Rakels and get the winner.

BUT WHO CARES ABOUT ANY OF THAT BECAUSE WE WON AWAY!!!!!

Seems harsh on McDermott. I'd say that's the third game in the row where a sub has had a positive impact on the result. Bringing Williams and McCleary on didn't seem bizarre at the time, particularly as Charlton were already threatening to get back into it.

Once he's fully fit, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Williams replaced Norwood in the current formation.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Feb 2016 11:25

John Madejski's Wallet

Where are the decent highlights to be found?

Skysports