Back from the game (Fulham)

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Back from the game (Fulham)

by Maneki Neko » 05 Mar 2016 17:57

Played well in patches. So did they.2 soft pens.2-2 about fair.

Hector superb. But Norwood poor again.

Rakels can stop diving now please

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from the game (Fulham)

by genome » 05 Mar 2016 18:00

'Greed, Hector class, especially 2nd half.

Too slow going forward, not enough movement, and Kermorgant should've buried that chance at the start of the second half.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 05 Mar 2016 18:04

Really tedious for a 2-2.
Fulham there for the taking but we have no attacking urgency. Too many sideways passes and we just slowed it down.

McCleary just utterly pointless as a footballer now, shadow of his former self. He just seems to plod around the pitch, play where he fancies, never makes a run. We'd have cruised that second half if HRK was still on the right.

MoM Hector or John.......Just how hard was Hector in some of those 50:50 challenges!

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 05 Mar 2016 18:07

Thought it was an OK game
Especially compared to some.
Actually thought mcleary looked much better.

Gained on 6th too.
Gooding always said you can make up 1 point a game. In a chase, over a period of games.so still on course :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Mar 2016 18:24

Strange game with both teams having periods of being really good and periods of being really bad.

Should have had another penalty with the foul on Rakelss but the referee bottled the decision having put the whistle to his mouth.

Ferdinand motm with Hector a close second.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 05 Mar 2016 18:25

Where has the real McCleary gone? Missing for 18 months. £50 for whoever finds him...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Mar 2016 18:32

blueroyals Where has the real McCleary gone? Missing for 18 months. £50 for whoever finds him...

That back injury two years ago screwed him. He's barely ever hit the same heights since and keeps picking up injuries.

biff

by biff » 05 Mar 2016 18:38

McCLeary wasnt helped by how negative Gunter was. Absolutely no cutting edge on that man.

Hector showed why he's been snaffled by Chelsea, absolutely bossed it.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 05 Mar 2016 19:01

A win would have given us a decent shout for the playoffs ... still a draw is a point.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 05 Mar 2016 19:15

[quote="biff"]McCLeary wasnt helped by how negative Gunter was. Absolutely no cutting edge on that man.

Even when another player has a bad game it's Gunters fault lol !!

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 05 Mar 2016 19:19

Quite enjoyed that, albeit a game we really should have had 3 points from.

Started poorly, but their goal kick started us

Hector was very good
Rakels was awful. Stay on your ffkin feet. (Not a penalty by the way when he threw himself to the floor!)
Al Habsi iffy. A striker in a better team would have snapped up his spilled catches.
HRK OK until went off. Injured?
IMHO Norwood needs replacing by Williams. Cannot understand how Quinn went off instead of Norwood

Fulham pretty awful yet they still managed to get 4 points from us this season :shock:

Other observations
Their 45? was dreadful and there for the taking.
Their no 7 should have been sent off after 10 minutes

Overall a game we would have probably lost before Brian took the reigns.

HO Hum! Onwards and upwards

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 05 Mar 2016 19:19

I thought Fulham going forward were very good, fast powerful.

Didn't see their first. Didn't think their pen was a pen. Leaning is normal and
anyway the 7 (God he was quick!) started falling outside the box (I thought)

Our pen was clear cut. The defender was dumb.

Hector was imperious in midfield. Ferdinand VG. Please sign Ola John. That's another assist
for him, (ad an absolutely delightful goal, from the brilliant Hector pass, Ola's excellence,
the superb dink cross and the diving header by HRK.

We looked nervous, edgy at the start but we did at least try better passes,
just little came off. The ball kept being played on Kermie's head and he kept
pointing to his chest. I think he is going to be very solid for us, and the starting
11 today (or with McShane in for either CB) would be comfortably top 8
next season and almost certainly higher.

(I realise the team will break up, but I mean that we look to me like we will/would get
better and better with a settled side (this one). Much as Williams is exciting, I think we
are much harder to beat without him

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 05 Mar 2016 19:32

Ala Ian listening in on the radio, and that twice this season they were waffling on about drubbing Fulham, both times saying this could be 4 or 5 and good for confidence/ goal.difference. such experts are they we have to listen to, especially Williams, trying to.get Gooding and Dellor to agree by repeating it ad nauseum.
Guess what it didn't happen, because football isn't like that.
And as expected players they should know this.
2-0 up at Wembley, then what Ady

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 05 Mar 2016 19:41

Hector grows each game , felt strangely flat for a 2-2....classic mid table splodge which we need to get used to

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 05 Mar 2016 20:08

A game that we were never going to star in, given that Pards was in the house. So security, a sense of, lull and false were clearly on display :wink:

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 05 Mar 2016 20:11

Maneki Neko Played well in patches. So did they.2 soft pens.2-2 about fair.

I don't think either penalty was soft. They were both obvious penalties with the ref having no choice.

Both were somewhat stupid, on the other hand, particularly the one we got. Why on earth would a defender do something like that?

Had we nicked the win I definitely think we'd have deserved it. That fact, however, that we didn't make the most of many openings in the 2nd half, suggests we can't have too many complaints about the draw.

We did look much better with two up front though. If you play with five in midfield, and aren't bossing the midfield, then it's a waste.

The lack of understanding between the players is a worry though. Most seem completely incapable of anticipating what the others will do. When we break, too often players run into the same positions or don't take a position that makes them able to receive a pass.

We have some good players, but there's not much of a team.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 05 Mar 2016 20:14

Should have won it. It was fairly even until 60 minutes but at that point i thought we turned the screw and missed a lot.

The crossing was good, and John picked up where he left off. Kermorgant must have won 90%+ of his headers and they're getting closer to his colleagues. Very impressed.

As mentioned above i agree that Al-Habsi was lucky rather than good, Hector was sublime and Rakkels diving was very poor.

Anton Ferdinand's legs are gone. For all the rest of his game, which still has a lot to it, his inflexibility and complete lack of pace are a liability.

Cairney (number 10) is a nasty little cnut of a player.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 05 Mar 2016 20:28

We probably deserved the points but can't be too disappointed with a point. Of the three pens the referee seemeD to get two of them wrong. I suppose I might be biased but with collisions like that's, the chap who gets in front can be fouled but can't commit a foul.

HRK, Hector and John were very good. Quinn was shocking and Ferdinand wasn't up to speed.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 05 Mar 2016 21:13

We looked good for the win until we switched to 4-4-2 and brought Rakels on. We started the second half so brightly; perhaps Williams would have kept up the momentum we were building.

Hay-Ho. Fairly good entertainment. On to Tuesday.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Mar 2016 21:19

Jack Celliers We probably deserved the points but can't be too disappointed with a point. Of the three pens the referee seemeD to get two of them wrong. I suppose I might be biased but with collisions like that's, the chap who gets in front can be fouled but can't commit a foul.

HRK, Hector and John were very good. Quinn was shocking and Ferdinand wasn't up to speed.

Just 3 ?
There were 4 fairly clear pens I thought. The only one I wasn't sure on was their one that was given, but only because it was too far away.
They had a pretty clear one in the first half, Rakells was pushed for another and there was the one we got.