SERIOUSLY STOP BOOING

198 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SERIOUSLY STOP BOOING

by Top Flight » 17 Apr 2017 23:22

i didn't hear any booing but if people did boo it is hard to understand considering the season we're having.

We didnt play well in the first half but it was obvious that it was more Jaap's fault than the players fault for the way the team was set up. They weren't comfortable in the shape first half and of course there was tiredness after Villa and possible complacency as our play off spot looks strong.

A bit of understanding is good sometimes.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Apr 2017 23:35

We're called supporters for a reason... when it's not going the team's way and things aren't quite working maybe we'd all be better served by actually giving them encouragement rather than adding further pressure?

If I see Gunter fukk up I'll shout good job Gunter keep going lad, then probably murmur to my mate or whoever that he's shit - which we won't hear and therefore affect him.

Booing doesn't help anyone. It's not like it's a lack of effort.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 17 Apr 2017 23:43

CountryRoyal We're called supporters for a reason... when it's not going the team's way and things aren't quite working maybe we'd all be better served by actually giving them encouragement rather than adding further pressure?

If I see Gunter fukk up I'll shout good job Gunter keep going lad, then probably murmur to my mate or whoever that he's shit - which we won't hear and therefore affect him.

Booing doesn't help anyone. It's not like it's a lack of effort.

BooooOOOOoooOOOOoooOOOOOooOOOOOooOOOoooooo.......

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Apr 2017 23:52

Top Flight i didn't hear any booing but if people did boo it is hard to understand considering the season we're having.

We didnt play well in the first half but it was obvious that it was more Jaap's fault than the players fault for the way the team was set up. They weren't comfortable in the shape first half and of course there was tiredness after Villa and possible complacency as our play off spot looks strong.

A bit of understanding is good sometimes.

Could hear a smattering of boos ringing out around me in Y19
Not widespread but noticeable

Very odd behaviour

Please stop it whoever you are

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 18 Apr 2017 00:54

No one around me booed in the East stand I think it was more of a collective groan that we were losing to such a poor team. We were very lethargic in the first half and much better in the second, just begs the question why could we not have started the game like that?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Apr 2017 07:34

When you are 4th, and on an excellent run, the only time booing is acceptable at HT is if some abberation like Norwich happens. Not just because you are currently losing by one goal. Over entitled bedwetting impatient shortsighted ungrateful pricks.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Apr 2017 07:35

Likewise, didn't hear much in the way of booing. I thought the crowd were fairly encouraging and patient second half, if hardly a cauldron of noise

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 18 Apr 2017 07:36

First half: lost 1-0
Booed at half time
Second half: won 2-0

Looks like it works.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 18 Apr 2017 07:45

Sebastian the Red First half: lost 1-0
Booed at half time
Second half: won 2-0

Looks like it works.

I can just imagine the half-time discussions:

"We took Rovrum for granted and we played badly against them"
"Yeah, and the lineup wasn't really right"
"Yeah, but that's OK, we'll carry on playing like we have"
"But wait, did you hear a few oxf*rd morons booing us?"
" Yeah I did. Now that's really motivated me to play better, cos I was shite in the first half"
"Put Liam on for the second half? Yeah Gaffer, whatever"

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Apr 2017 08:18

They shouldn't be concerned about the booing, the vast majority at half time were silent, no doubt so the minority who do decide to boo are going to be heard but we're not the only club whose fans will boo a poor performance, every club does it. Perhaps Stam isn't used to it because he generally played for winning sides in his playing career.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 18 Apr 2017 08:28

Seemed to come from the North Stand borne more out of frustration than anything. Stam has to realise that it comes from passion and feeling. Rather have that than those that aren't too worried

JIM

by JIM » 18 Apr 2017 09:22

If you want to loose STAM, keep booing, I can imagine his attitude if you cant go with his programme. He will go somewhere else,

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 18 Apr 2017 09:51

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Booing is the lowest form of support.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Apr 2017 09:56

Personally I think Stams being a bit a diva. Instead of bitching about a couple of dicks booing he should firing up the rest of the fans with encouragement.

All looks a bit contrived to me.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 18 Apr 2017 09:59

leon Personally I think Stams being a bit a diva. Instead of bitching about a couple of dicks booing he should firing up the rest of the fans with encouragement.

All looks a bit contrived to me.

Yea I know what you mean. The fact that several here - me included - didn't hear any booing says a lot.

Jaytee

by Jaytee » 18 Apr 2017 10:41

There seemed to be quite a few "non regulars" at the game who had not seen our "from the back" style. Hence some booing from various sections around the ground - in fact some left at half time.
I think we would all be upset as manager if we were 3rd in table , just won two in 3 days and have far and away surprised everyone this season and then the Boos kick in after a lacklustre first half.
We have had a few first halves like that this year but have fought back, usually with a tactical change. In the last couple of years , if we went in at half time losing and playing poorly then we would usually end up beaten, but not any more (forget Norwich :D ).
I think booing should be reserved for the plonker who gives the "encouraging words" at the start of each half!! I'm still waiting to see the little red laser dot appear .
All I want is a trip to Wembley, promotion and then a £300 million pound budget to spend next season.
Is that too much to ask?

Keep the faith

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Apr 2017 11:39

I sympathise with Jaap, but then the average football fan is pretty short-sighted and reactionary, so it's hardly surprising that they boo when we are losing to the worst side in the league by a country mile.

We had played 2 days ago, so the squad was rot8ed and obviously Rotherham were fresher and playing without fear. It was always a banana skin.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 18 Apr 2017 12:10

Jaytee There seemed to be quite a few "non regulars" at the game who had not seen our "from the back" style. Hence some booing from various sections around the ground - in fact some left at half time.
I think we would all be upset as manager if we were 3rd in table , just won two in 3 days and have far and away surprised everyone this season and then the Boos kick in after a lacklustre first half.
We have had a few first halves like that this year but have fought back, usually with a tactical change. In the last couple of years , if we went in at half time losing and playing poorly then we would usually end up beaten, but not any more (forget Norwich :D ).
I think booing should be reserved for the plonker who gives the "encouraging words" at the start of each half!! I'm still waiting to see the little red laser dot appear .
All I want is a trip to Wembley, promotion and then a £300 million pound budget to spend next season.
Is that too much to ask?

Keep the faith

Perhaps this is it
The £10 and £1 tickets that were offered for this game may have resulted in a different crowd, unused to the possession style
They should be grateful to have seen such a good second half

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 18 Apr 2017 12:11

But who are the boo boys anyway?

No one on hobnob ever owns up to it, do they?
Are we not representative of the fans?!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 Apr 2017 12:15

Quote from the Rotherham boss

"We didn't keep the ball as well in the second half. We didn't have the ball a lot and when we did get it back, we were a bit fatigued."

This is what people need to realise - be patient, keeping the ball wears the opposition out. Don't get frustrated at half time if we're not 3-0 up etc.

198 posts