Anyone For Chinese?

948 posts
The Informant

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by The Informant » 12 Jan 2017 11:34

Royalwaster
gazzer, loyal royal Hearing the deal is still on, but PL have contacted the Relevant parties expressing concerns.

It's the new owners who have put up the money for the Ilori deal which is now done

That would suggest they expect for it to go through ... they'd hardly put money up if they didn't?

The money was from Tiger, as Stam alluded to on Get Reading

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 12 Jan 2017 11:45

Probably going through FPP so nothing to report until it is either approved or collapses. Seem to remember it took months when AZ took over.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2017 12:53

And the Thais.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Jan 2017 15:55

Hound Has this takeover 'collapsed'? Not seen anything officially, but the preview on this site suggests it has

Still on according to Sir Mad.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jan 2017 16:31

Royalwaster
gazzer, loyal royal Hearing the deal is still on, but PL have contacted the Relevant parties expressing concerns.

It's the new owners who have put up the money for the Ilori deal which is now done

That would suggest they expect for it to go through ... they'd hardly put money up if they didn't?

Given the nature of the deal (i.e. £2.2m over 2 years paid in 4 installments) I'd be a little worried if our new owners were behind its finance.

My understanding is that the ownership bid is still in FFP stage as the PL have asked additional questions and all that takes time to administer (though why the PL and FL would have different FFP criteria is beyond me as it doesn't make any sense - do the PL vet ownership of all clubs being promoted as a matter of course or only those that look to get new owners and are in the Championship promotion race).

I'd be very surprised if it is resolved before the end of January so expect "inventive" signings and deal structuring for now (also limits how much of a promotion push can be made although signing Ilori is a considerable step in the right direction).

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Jan 2017 09:08

I'm pretty sure this one is dead in the water now.

Worrying times ahead.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Jan 2017 10:14

There needs to be one body that looks at football takeovers that the FL, Premier League and FA all are bound by. It is crazy that one body can look at it and say yes and then another can say well hang on you may be getting promoted so we need to look at it as well.

Ones set of rules, investigated and applied by one footballing body.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jan 2017 12:12

I wouldn't be too concerned, both the last two takeovers happened despite feeling like they dragged on for a decade.

Fezza

by Fezza » 14 Jan 2017 13:07

... and they went so well!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 14 Jan 2017 13:09

Ian Royal I wouldn't be too concerned, both the last two takeovers happened despite feeling like they dragged on for a decade.

The one where Zingarevich failed to pay the remaining 50% of his shares? Yep couldn't have gone better :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jan 2017 14:22

RG30
Ian Royal I wouldn't be too concerned, both the last two takeovers happened despite feeling like they dragged on for a decade.

The one where Zingarevich failed to pay the remaining 50% of his shares? Yep couldn't have gone better :roll:

I didn't say the takeover went well, I said it happened.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Jan 2017 18:12

Ian Royal
RG30

According to the seller, both deals were meant to be the best thing since sliced bread and secure a successful future for the club. We've already paid the price and regret the fact that the first deal deal went through and now it's looking as though we might end up feeling the same about the second. With hindsight, it's perhaps a great shame that those two sets of buyers passed the fit & proper person test!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jan 2017 18:58

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal
RG30

According to the seller, both deals were meant to be the best thing since sliced bread and secure a successful future for the club. We've already paid the price and regret the fact that the first deal deal went through and now it's looking as though we might end up feeling the same about the second. With hindsight, it's perhaps a great shame that those two sets of buyers passed the fit & proper person test!

You'd have thought that after getting a taste of what other owners are like, you'd begin to appreciate the fantastic job Madejski did for us whilst he was in charge. But no. Same tired old petty hatred as ever.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 14 Jan 2017 20:04

Ian Royal
RoyalBlue
Ian Royal

You'd have thought that after getting a taste of what other owners are like, you'd begin to appreciate the fantastic job Madejski did for us whilst he was in charge. But no. Same tired old petty hatred as ever.

I often don't agree with you, Ian. But this time all I can say is "well said".

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 14 Jan 2017 20:11

Madejski cannot be absolved of blame. Yes he did a good job but he has basically taken his money back to the first people that have showed their hand - twice.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Jan 2017 20:12

Mid Sussex Royal Madejski cannot be absolved of blame. Yes he did a good job but he has basically taken his money back to the first people that have showed their hand - twice.

Don't let facts get in the way of your agenda m8.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2017 20:14

how do you know that they were the first?

Sure that there would've one or two chancers along the way

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 14 Jan 2017 20:38

AthleticoSpizz how do you know that they were the first?

Sure that there would've one or two chancers along the way

funny how the story changes as well. For years, it was, he's hanging on to the club too long, because he's too attached to the ego boost, and he should sell it so that we can get some "proper" investment in

Then when he does sell it, it's - oh he sold to the first lot that came along.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2017 20:47

For me, It all harps back to that " look at what he took on" scenario

For those of us around at that time.....and appreciated just how much we were "down-at-heel" even if he has sold-out to Cellino, Saddam or even Ian Royal ......he would still deserve a bit more latitude than what some of the clueless pcunts on here give him.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Jan 2017 21:11

AthleticoSpizz For me, It all harps back to that " look at what he took on" scenario

For those of us around at that time.....and appreciated just how much we were "down-at-heel" even if he has sold-out to Cellino, Saddam or even Ian Royal ......he would still deserve a bit more latitude than what some of the clueless pcunts on here give him.

RoyalBlue isn't clueless. His daughter is a goalkeeper, and you know how respected female goalkeepers are. So clearly he knows everything there is to know about football and finances.

948 posts