Anyone For Chinese?

948 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by maffff » 10 Apr 2017 11:00

Wouldn't be shocked if we saw a few of our players (tiny Danzell and Sandro Wieser to name but two) go out on loan to Roeselare next season....

Also, is there any chance the Chinese team will be used to help sign players with bigger names/wages and loan them internationally (a la Watford) to help us remain competitive but within FFP if we miss out this season?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Apr 2017 11:13

Nameless Why would they clear the 'debt' ?
The Thai's did that (as far as any external debt is concerned) and the debt will just transfer to the Chinese. If we owed money to the IR or St John's you would want it paid off but when it is just debt owned to the owners it's a bit irrelevant isn't it ?

yeah sorry lazy phrasing from me. Obviously most companies carry debt around nowadays. More like just keep it at a reasonable level and ensure it doesn't affect our ability to make transfers etc

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 10 Apr 2017 13:42

So what you're saying is that this looks like it could be quite a sweet deal for us. Although there is still a chance that it could go sour.

Erm....

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Apr 2017 13:48

Interesting interview with Saskma on radio Berks. I forgot she is nearly 80 so hardly surprising she feels ongoing throwing money into a bottomless pit is a bit of an issue !

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Apr 2017 13:48

Muskrat So what you're saying is that this looks like it could be quite a sweet deal for us. Although there is still a chance that it could go sour.

Erm....

Are you describing any business deal there ?

The Informant

by The Informant » 10 Apr 2017 13:49

Reading FC: Lady Sasima admits Thai owners can no longer afford to bankroll Royals amid Chinese takeover

LADY Sasima Srivikorn has has admitted the cost of running Reading FC has become too expensive for the club's Thai owners.

A Chinese consortium moved a step closer to buying a 75 per cent stake in the Royals last Friday when the proposed takeover received the go-ahead from the English Football League.

Billionaire property developer Dai Yongge and sister Dai Xiu will now attempt to push through the deal to become majority shareholders at Madejski Stadium.

The pair previously made a failed attempt to buy Hull City for £130m last summer because Premier League bosses held reservations about the source of their funding.

However, after meeting EFL representatives in Preston in December, they have now gained clearance to continue with their purchase.

The ELF have since granted conditional approval of a 'change of control' at the Championship club, though unconfirmed reports suggest the Premier League could now block Reading's promotion to the top-flight should they go up.

Reading FC are yet to comment on the claim, but co-chairmwoman Lady Sasima explained how the Thai owners can no longer afford to run the club, whose latest financial accounts show debts of £73m.

She said: “You know, owning a football club is something like I have never experienced in my entire life.

“It's a lot of money that has to be spent every month, it's very expensive. And if you don't have very, very deep pockets then it's not possible.

“We are struggling, to tell you the truth. Every month we have to spend more money, more money, more money and there's a point where we couldn't afford it comfortably."

Lady Sasima, Narin Niruttinanon and Sumrith 'Tiger' Thanakarnjanasuth have been in charge of Royals since they took over the ownership from Russian businessman, Anton Zingarevich in 2014.

And Lady Sasima explained how any takeover by the Chinese consortium comes with a number of conditions.

She also told BBC Radio Berkshire: "There are certain conditions and Mr Dai [Yongge] has to supply them with certain information.

“For instance, I'm sure they would like to know where the funds are coming from and the transparency of owning a football club in England. It's very strict, which is a good thing.

"There have been lots of buyers coming around, looking at the club. I've seen almost 10 in all. I have never seen Mr Dai himself or his sister but I have heard about him, his business and what sort of a man he is. We are all very happy about him."

Lady Sasima, who turns 80 in October, explained how handing over the reins to the Chinese group is in the long-term interests of promotion-chasing Royals.

"I did say to Reading fans that we'd be here for a long time, we weren't going to 'hit and run' or abandon the club no matter what,” she stressed.

“That's not what we are doing. We are doing this to save the club.

“I know that if the club doesn't have the funds, doesn't have the strength of the backup on the monetary side, it's not going to be easy.

“This way, the Reading fans will not actually lose anything, actually they will gain. If we go to the Premier [League], we're going to have to spend much, much more money than now and we need that sort of backup.
Last edited by The Informant on 10 Apr 2017 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Apr 2017 13:51

tidus_mi2
Gunny Fishcake As expected our beloved club is sold as a plaything for two Chinese nobodies who think Reading is in London and will no doubt get bored in a couple of years and sell us once again like a old racehorse to the next corrupt money launderer

Odd assumptions to make about two people you have no idea about. The only facts we really have right now are these siblings are authentic billionaires and that the Chinese government have been trying to promote Chinese involvement in football, such as Chinese ownership of English clubs and purchasing high profile players for Chinese clubs.

Wouldn't be HNA with the near perfectionists, know it alls and doom and gloomers.

Exciting news, again.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Apr 2017 14:08

Actually feeling quite positive about this deal based on the little that seems to be known about the it. At least one half of the pair lives in the UK and has done so for many years so should be well in tune with the game in this country. then there's the way which Roeselare has been handled since they were "saved" which sounds good. Basically I think they could be just what we need an enable Reading to mix the emergence of youngsters with occasional "marquee" type signings.

Time will tell I guess.

As an aside though, I'm getting really irritated by the Football League's ridiculously unnecessary attempt to rebrand themselves as the EFL, Wonder how much money that has cost that could have been directed to other initiatives that would actually benefit clubs, the game and its supporters. Plus the fact it probably hacks off all the Welsh clubs in the system :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Apr 2017 14:12

Sutekh Actually feeling quite positive about this deal based on the little that seems to be known about the it.

They had me at "billionaires"

The Informant

by The Informant » 10 Apr 2017 14:19

Whats concerning is Sasima saying they are trying to save the club.

If this falls through, administration beckons.

We have no choice

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Apr 2017 14:21

Sutekh
As an aside though, I'm getting really irritated by the Football League's ridiculously unnecessary attempt to rebrand themselves as the EFL, Wonder how much money that has cost that could have been directed to other initiatives that would actually benefit clubs, the game and its supporters. Plus the fact it probably hacks off all the Welsh clubs in the system :lol:

And that's a problem because?????

I have a serious issue with clubs playing outside their countries. Either it's an England and Wales league, in which case all of the Welsh clubs should be integrated in it. Or it's an English league. In which case Cardiff and Swansea and the like should get out. Same with Rangers and Celtic.
The only exception within these isles that is in any way justifiable is Derry City playing in League of Ireland, and even that should really be revisited. (As you'd hope these days the IFA is less intolerant than it used to be).
OK, irrelevant ranting over...

Sutekh Actually feeling quite positive about this deal based on the little that seems to be known about the it. At least one half of the pair lives in the UK and has done so for many years so should be well in tune with the game in this country. then there's the way which Roeselare has been handled since they were "saved" which sounds good. Basically I think they could be just what we need an enable Reading to mix the emergence of youngsters with occasional "marquee" type signings.

Me too actually.

And for all the whining about the Thais, I think they have not broken any promises, and seem to be doing every thing they can to keep the club in good shape. I'm glad they intend retaining an interest.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Apr 2017 14:22

£73M ........... Christ :shock:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Apr 2017 14:27

The Informant Whats concerning is Sasima saying they are trying to save the club.

We have no choice

I thought what she was saying is they have had loads of people looking to buy the club.

If this one doesn't happen for whatever reason, I am convinced that there are many other buyers out there for who Reading is a very attractive prospect.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Apr 2017 14:30

The Informant Whats concerning is Sasima saying they are trying to save the club.

We have no choice

If you read the interview then I don't think that is what she is saying at all....

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Apr 2017 14:32

John Madejski's Wallet £73M ........... Christ :shock:

Owed to the owners...
Peanuts compared to some clubs.
But if the accountants could do their stuff and make it disappear then it would be tidier.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 Apr 2017 14:33

Nameless

We have no choice

If you read the interview then I don't think that is what she is saying at all....

It's The Informant, he doesn't read what anyone else posts here.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Apr 2017 14:35

Brighton are £171m in debt, to put that into perspective... just most of it is owed to Tony Bloom who doesn't seem to mind

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Apr 2017 14:50

genome

Brighton are £171m in debt, to put that into perspective... just most of it is owed to Tony Bloom who doesn't seem to mind

They'll clear that with gate receipts from their first game in the Prem.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Apr 2017 14:53

Pepe the Horseman
genome

They'll clear that with gate receipts from their first game in the Prem.

Fair play if they are only charging a tenner for the game....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Apr 2017 14:53

I found this an interesting and through breakdown of Brighton's finances. There's some insightful RFC related stats in there as well.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... in-on.html

It does kind of put Brighton in a slightly different light for me - they really have been bankrolled much more than I thought.

948 posts