Anyone For Chinese?

948 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by maffff » 24 Jan 2017 17:04

Interestingly the charge is against RFC Propco, not the club itself.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09315720

24.66% of Royal Elm Park I assume.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 24 Jan 2017 17:05

maffff Interestingly the charge is against RFC Propco, not the club itself.

Presumably the only way they'd get their money back if it all goes tits up

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 24 Jan 2017 17:13

muirinho

Presumably the only way they'd get their money back if it all goes tits up

Worth noting the security through the negative pledge (again, I expect is against REP)

3 NEGATIVE PLEDGE

The Chargor shall not:

3.1 create, purport to create or allow to subsist, any Security Interest over the whole or any part of the Charged Property other than in favour of the Chargee; or

3.2 sell, lease or otherwise dispose of the whole or any part of the Charged Property

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 24 Jan 2017 17:18

Question is, is that out of the Thai's share of REP, or out of the clubs. If so, that could severely limit a future revenue stream from the development........

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 24 Jan 2017 17:33

Well spotted w-r, interesting interested but raises a lot of questions as to whether this is a good or bad thing, short or long term.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 24 Jan 2017 18:20

maffff Question is, is that out of the Thai's share of REP, or out of the clubs. If so, that could severely limit a future revenue stream from the development........

Would the club ever have got that revenue anyway? The way I see it (and I'm willing to admit not knowing very much, so feel free to hiss and boo) we have various possibilities

(1) This takeover breaks down and no other buyer materialises. The Thais still own the club. As soon as they have any money whatsoever, from any source, they repay the loan so they can get that charge off. In the meantime the Dai's can't force them to sell to get their money back - they only get their money back if the Thais go completely bankrupt, and have to sell off REP OR the Thais repay them. I'm guessing they could force bankruptcy on the Thais if they are fed up hanging around for their money, but they may get back less money that way, so probably not a route they would want. IF it were to stay that way, and we got promoted, I suspect some of the Premiership money would be used to pay back the loan.

(2) This takeover breaks down, but a different knight in shining armour rides in. they buy the club, but as part of the deal, the club's share of REP passes to the Thais. The loan gets paid off, so there is no longer a charge on REP.

(3) This takeover passes, they buy the club, but as part of the deal, the club's share of REP passes to the Thais. The loan gets paid off, so there is no longer a charge on REP.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Jan 2017 10:21

Yep - all sounds sensible..

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 26 Jan 2017 09:44

Apparently takeover news was expected today in the Chronicle. Has anyone seen this yet?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Jan 2017 09:49

LoyalRoyal22 Apparently takeover news was expected today in the Chronicle. Has anyone seen this yet?

Suspect if it was anything big it'd be all over Twitter by now.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Jan 2017 09:52

In a brilliant piece of journalism the Chronicle website builds a whole feature around reporting 'what the Mail said ....'

Given that the Chronicle seems to employ one work experience student and no actual journalists these days I suspect it is about all they can do.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2017 13:49

Nameless In a brilliant piece of journalism the Chronicle website builds a whole feature around reporting 'what the Mail said ....'

Given that the Chronicle seems to employ one work experience student and no actual journalists these days I suspect it is about all they can do.

I do like how HNA?! has seemingly transformed itself into a platform for debate regarding journalistic integrity and quality.

I'm actually being serious. Top work chaps.

#StopTheRot

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Jan 2017 14:08

CountryRoyal
Nameless In a brilliant piece of journalism the Chronicle website builds a whole feature around reporting 'what the Mail said ....'

I do like how HNA?! has seemingly transformed itself into a platform for debate regarding journalistic integrity and quality.

I'm actually being serious. Top work chaps.

#StopTheRot

?

Read the Chronicle piece. It is a straight ' according to the Mail' article. No comment on quality or integrity made.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2017 14:36

I wasn't being sarcastic. :lol:

Some of the shite served up under the guise of "journalism" is nothing short of embarrassing.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jan 2017 16:07

Someone's been reading winchester_royal's posts...

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... _the_club/

Might revise my "finger on the pulse" opinion...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jan 2017 16:44

The only news on this is that both parties are still discussing and presumably both hoping that an agreeable solution can be brokered.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Jan 2017 17:29

genome Someone's been reading winchester_royal's posts...

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... _the_club/

Might revise my "finger on the pulse" opinion...

'The Chronicle can reveal' :lol:

It should also be pointed out there's no direct evidence linking the Dai family with Great Shine International Limited, it's all very circumstantial so really they should have done a bit more homework before printing that.

Shoddy journalism all round though. Looking forward to Jonny Low running it as an exclusive in the EP tomorrow.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 26 Jan 2017 18:32

Linden Jones' Tash
winchester_royal Cheers, with the lack of a decent local journo atm we all have to pitch in :lol:

Countdown until your scoop is picked up by mainstream media....

Seriously, great work

Yay, I called it!

pwb

by pwb » 26 Jan 2017 21:58

Not sure where you have found the "Charge document" within that link as there is NO charge against that company. The charge is agaist Reading football Holding Limited see https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... UOZ9h2jmKw

As for the take over collapsing, i think it all done and dusted, they just don't what to announce until after the transfer window has closed. as if everyone Knew RFC had new owners, then they would be asking for more money for potential signings.
Last edited by pwb on 27 Jan 2017 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 26 Jan 2017 23:10

pwb

Not sure where you have found the "Charge document" within that link as there is NO charge against that company. The charge is agaist Reading football Holding Limited see https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... UOZ9h2jmKw

As for the take over collapsing, i think it all done and dusted, they just don't what to announce until after the transfer window has closed. as if everyone new RFC had new owners, then they would be asking for more money for potential signings.

Sorry that's just wishful thinking and not true ... not saying it's definitely off but definitely not done and dusted.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Jan 2017 08:38

Sutekh The only news on this is that both parties are still discussing and presumably both hoping that an agreeable solution can be brokered.

Interesting phrasing (although it can be dangerous to read too much into exact semantics I think !)
When you say 'both parties' I assume you mean the Thai's and the Chinese.
The hold ups seem to be the FL and PL raising issues though.
So are you suggesting those issues have been resolved and it isn't just the terms of the deal to be concluded ?
Or are they trying to find ways jointly to overcome whatever the PL concerns are ?
Or am I reading too much into a casual comment ?

948 posts