BFTG - Bristol City (A)

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Bristol City (A)

by Hendo » 05 Jan 2017 09:21

genome
Pepe the Horseman JVDB getting a lot of criticism, despite his excellent pass to set up the winner.

That is what you call textbook.

Like a glorious forward defensive.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 05 Jan 2017 11:23

Nameless
It's not ridiculous, it's what happens.
I know someone at another club who is responsible for safety etc. He has no police presence at games usually. The suddenly, often with next to know notice he gets told the police are attending a game. Not just a couple of officers but 20 or 30 which usually represents an inspector, a coup,e of sergeants and lots of officers. He's not given an option, there is no requirement for them based on history or intelligence and at the end he gets a bill he has to pay. Not only does he have a bill but his well practiced stewarding operation is messed up as the police start telling him to do stuff differently.
The bill per officer is way more than the wages, and he has no doubt it is an easy way for them to make some money for what are obviously hard pressed budgets, it's all overtime so it's not taking resource from other policing (i.e. Form filing and driving round in cars).

This is the exact impression I get when they decide to wade in with their size nines at the Mad Stad and if they can charge for turning up when not requested that explains a great deal.

And as far TVP are concerned, no one makes a crisis out of a drama better them.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Jan 2017 21:30

Brum Royal
LWJ
Brum Royal
Not sure whether it was a change in tactic or just that they got knackered, but City pressed us high up the pitch in the first half and stopped us playing, second half at 2-0 up they didn't do it and combined with Jaap's subs allowed us to turn the game round.

Interesting - My view was that City sat back and didn't try and press at all.

Ok, given your differing viewpoint, I will qualify mine and say that we were sat in row 1, so distance perception was more difficult. It seemed to me that Abraham and his forward colleague seemed to press our back 4 quite a lot in the first half, especially when AAH was continually passing it out to them - that was where their opening goal came from after all. When we had the ball in their half, I would agree, that they were set up in two banks of four and made us play a lot of sideways and backwards passes.

I agree with your assessment. We were commenting during the game that nearly every time AAH had the ball or was setting up a goal kick Bristol had 6 players in our half.