BTFS - QPR

135 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BTFS - QPR

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2017 21:45

Started writing this with 6 minutes left on the clock because it was so obvious to absolutely everyone that we were never getting anything out of this.

oxf*rd atrocious. One of the worst performances of the season, almost as frustrating as Wolves away.

So sloppy, so disjointed, complacency everywhere, no anticipation, second best to everything, unnacurate, soft, careless, clueless and generally shit.

I'd say it's an off day at the office but this is how we played for most of Bristol City and we were just as inept against Utd (better quality of opposition admittedly)

Moore and McCleary the only ones to really come out of that with any modicum of respectability.

Al-Habsi 5

Gunter 4
VDB 3
Moore 6
Obita 2

Swift 4
Kelly 5
Williams 3

McCleary 6
Kerm 4
Beerens 2

Stam 0 - Wrong tactics, wrong line up, wrong (lack there of) subs.

Only going one where playing like this and it's not oxf*rd up. I've had enough football for this week oxf*rd me this has possed me off. Ineptitidude of the highest order.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: BTFS - QPR

by Kitsondinho » 12 Jan 2017 21:46

We were better on Saturday. Which is hardly complimentary.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 12 Jan 2017 21:48

FFS PLEASE STOP PLAYING VDB AT CENTRE HALF

AND BUY A FCUKING STRIKER

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 12 Jan 2017 21:49

Kitsondinho We were less shit on Saturday. Which is hardly complimentary.

Agreed.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2017 21:49

For all the negativity that there'll be (much of it fully justified), we were still only a whisker away from getting an equaliser a couple of times and rescuing a thoroughly underserved point. Obviously if QPR were any good they'd have scored several more themselves given the utter shambles our defence was, particularly JVDB.

For me, this is just pretty par for the course given where we're at and how we play. If the passing works well and we get an early goal, we'll do very well in a game. If we get frustrated and especially if the opposition knicks a lead, we'll huff and puff and commit suicide at the back repeatedly, and look absolutely shocking.

It's performances like this that make me think we aren't ready for promotion and certainly won't get it.

There's lots of positives to take forward for this team, if not this performance. But there are just way too many weak links right now.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 12 Jan 2017 21:51

Avon Royal
Kitsondinho We were less shit on Saturday. Which is hardly complimentary.

Agreed.

Potato ..... potatoe :wink:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2017 21:52

Ian Royal For all the negativity that there'll be (much of it fully justified), we were still only a whisker away from getting an equaliser a couple of times and rescuing a thoroughly underserved point. Obviously if QPR were any good they'd have scored several more themselves given the utter shambles our defence was, particularly JVDB.

For me, this is just pretty par for the course given where we're at and how we play. If the passing works well and we get an early goal, we'll do very well in a game. If we get frustrated and especially if the opposition knicks a lead, we'll huff and puff and commit suicide at the back repeatedly, and look absolutely shocking.

It's performances like this that make me think we aren't ready for promotion and certainly won't get it.

There's lots of positives to take forward for this team, if not this performance. But there are just way too many weak links right now.

Difficult to see reason in the mood I am right now, but good post.

Perspective.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Jan 2017 21:52

Awful, absolutely nobody seems up for this game tonight, including the fans given the crowd (understandable turnout with the weather around the area). How thing felt flat.

Every player off the pace, no invention and for the first half QPR were happy for us to have the ball as they knew we would give it back to them in our own half and give them an easy break. They took one and Mackie should have had two by HT.

We have 9 days to sort this out before Derby. Another performance like that and we will be ripped to shreds up there and confidence may start to disappear.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 12 Jan 2017 21:53

Anyone else quite like the look of Meite when he came on? Fast and strong.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2017 21:54

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal For all the negativity that there'll be (much of it fully justified), we were still only a whisker away from getting an equaliser a couple of times and rescuing a thoroughly underserved point. Obviously if QPR were any good they'd have scored several more themselves given the utter shambles our defence was, particularly JVDB.

Difficult to see reason in the mood I am right now, but good post.

Perspective.

I'm missing a decent season, but it's much easier to maintain perspective when you don't have to travel 80 miles to watch your team be shit every other week.

An absolute stone cold must is that we don't fall apart and nosedive like we have done the last three seasons.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 12 Jan 2017 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2017 21:54

RichTea94 Anyone else quite like the look of Meite when he came on? Fast and strong.

Should have come on at 60 minutes for the the god awful Beerens.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Jan 2017 21:55

Did we only make 2 subs?

How can that be justified. Sure i can see that if we were having shot after shot saved and basically raping the goal keeper.

But we weren't. Why not make a sub?

If we did make 3 subs then disregard and consider myself embarrassed

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2017 21:57

bobby1413 Did we only make 2 subs?

How can that be justified. Sure i can see that if we were having shot after shot saved and basically raping the goal keeper.

I only remember the one?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 12 Jan 2017 21:58

Tactically inept.
Any club looking to poach Stam will think again after watching the last two games.

Williams is a man working a six month notice period, stick him on gardening leave.

If you're confused as to why VdB is in the team: same agent as Stam. Simple as that.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2017 21:58

CountryRoyal

I only remember the one?

Swift for Meite wasn't it? Also can't remember another.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 12 Jan 2017 21:59

Only one sub!
Stubborn pcunt.
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 12 Jan 2017 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jan 2017 22:00

Based on the season so far, the aim should be the playoffs

Brighton and Newcastle I think will get automatic and Leeds and Derby will be in the play offs. That leaves, imo, two places up for grabs and a right battle being set up between ourselves, Wednesday, Fulham, Huddersfield, Birmingham and possibly Villa and Norwich.

However, based on that atrocious load of **** tonight, plus the same **** at ManU, plus the same ***** for the first 75 minutes at Ashton Gate plus the inept 45 minutes we got at home to Fulham where Ayuto and Fredericks looked capable of running riot with ease it isn't going to be an easy target to achieve and certainly not without 2/3 decent signings this month.

And with Derby to follow next I think it'll get worse before it gets better.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2017 22:02

P!ssed Off

Only one sub!
Stubborn point.

I remember early days, particularly Wolves and Newcastle away and was surprised at Stam's lack of substitutions.

It's a definite stubbornness to "stick to the plan".

If the plan was to be shit and never look like scoring then fair play lads, carried out perfectly, but I don't understand the mentality of someone watching that thinking we were ok without making changes.

Fact of the matter is the damage was done and highly likely no sub would make a difference to that shower of shite, but to not even try is a bit of a gamble which has backfired.

Be very disappointed if he doesn't get asked why he didn't make more changes and earlier.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Jan 2017 22:02

Atmosphere can't have helped tonight.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jan 2017 22:05

Meite looked at threat certainly - would have put him on at half time

Beerens was poor - but I did think last 15 he did provide prob our only real danger

Evans should have started no doubts.

McCleary did ok when he had it - very disappointed he got so little of the ball

Just a poor day all round. Really need to get something at derby now to keep comfortable in the top 6

135 posts