Rival Watch

17149 posts
IceIceGylfi

Re: Rival Watch

by IceIceGylfi » 18 Feb 2017 21:17

Hudders' draw is more impressive when you consider they played a weakened team; not introducing the likes of Wells and Kachunga until about 70 minutes in. I am pretty worried about Tuesday night tbh. I would take a kick in the bollocks for a point.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Feb 2017 10:19

NewCorkSeth
10539.4 Miles Away Perfect result at huddersfield, 0-0 but they ran themselves in to the ground. Will be interesting to see if they have the energy to close down as much on Tuesday. They're a solid team though

+1

Hate to disappoint you all but Man City's reserve eleven was held 0-0 by a Huddersfield side that showed 7 changes from their previous league game at Rotherham. Most of those changes were defensive but the likes of Kachunga and Mooy were also rested (although Kachunga did play the last 30 minutes).

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Feb 2017 11:51

You would think Hudds might have fielded a weakened team against Rotherham and a stronger one against City. 7 changes might involve putting the regulars back in !
Either way I don@t think the draw does our prospects any harm and certainly there is a chance their focus may not be 100% on our match.
Saw a quote recently from a Hudds fan saying he really wants to get auto as he doesn't fancy their chances against us Leeds or Sheff Wed in the playoffs.
We can sometimes miss the fact that other teams probably rate us more highly than we do ourselves....

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 19 Feb 2017 19:55

Admittedly, good team. But come on, this is Uddersfild. Just as well our 'tactical genius' won't be sending the lads on to their patch with the same trepidation filtering into this thread.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Feb 2017 19:58

Sutekh
NewCorkSeth
10539.4 Miles Away Perfect result at huddersfield, 0-0 but they ran themselves in to the ground. Will be interesting to see if they have the energy to close down as much on Tuesday. They're a solid team though

+1

Hate to disappoint you all but Man City's reserve eleven was held 0-0 by a Huddersfield side that showed 7 changes from their previous league game at Rotherham. Most of those changes were defensive but the likes of Kachunga and Mooy were also rested (although Kachunga did play the last 30 minutes).

Surely mooy couldn't play anyway against his former club? Or do those clauses only apply normally apply to league games.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Feb 2017 22:22

Sutekh
NewCorkSeth

+1

Perfect result for me because they have to have a replay. Extra games for rivals is great for the playoffs.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 20 Feb 2017 04:02

Sutekh
NewCorkSeth

+1

Good point, I hadn't realised it was quite so many changes, only 1 player who started against Brighton at the start of the month started against Man City! Would explain why they worked so bloody hard, I actually think they looked better before the subs came on, either way, not going to make our game any easier but its good they have another game to add to their fixture list.

TownLad

by TownLad » 20 Feb 2017 15:58

Hello, huddersfield fan here...

Just popped on her to see what you were talking about with regard to tuesdays game.

We are obviously on a good run and have been for a while, we seem to be going under most people's radar which is nice.

We only have 2 games left against other top 6 sides, including yourselves. That's the fewest out of the remaining top six. We've beaten Newcastle away, Brighton home and drawn away, Leeds home and away. So far only sheff Wednesday who are our perennial bogey team have beaten us but we dominated both games and came away with nothing.

A lot of people point out some of our good players such as mooy and wells but we really do have a strong team this year. I honestly cannot see a weak position, we have two players for each position who can come in and do a job.

Wagner has used the FA cup to rest the players who have been starting regularly and get some game time into the others. They are all pretty much like for like changes, it was good to see that we stuck to our 'identity' against Man City and didn't try to play to accommodate them. We don't have a 'defensive' team as some one posted previously. We just have players to do the same roles. We made 9 changes from the team that beat Brighton and Leeds. The 0-0 at the weekend was the first that Wagner has ever had at Huddersfield.

I expect most of those players to return for tomorrow night with exception of Hogg and palmer who are injured currently.

You look to be doing really well and Stam seems to be very astute tactically. You seem to have a knack that every time I hear that you aren't getting into games or are under pressure you seem to then score and appear to be very competent at seeing games out. (Obviously this is an outside opinion but it's just how it looks)

Hopefully we win tomorrow night but I wish you luck for the rest of the season, I much prefer you to Leeds and sheff Wednesday, and local rivalries put to one side I don't like the way that either team play.

Looking forward to the game and all the best for the rest of the season (and if you play us again in the playoffs)

BrightonEye

by BrightonEye » 21 Feb 2017 10:21

TownLad We've beaten Newcastle away, Brighton home and drawn away, Leeds home and away. So far only sheff Wednesday who are our perennial bogey team have beaten us but we dominated both games and came away with nothing.

Nice try matey. Despite that mightily impressive home win, I think you'll find that your team actually lost at Brighton on 13 September 2016...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Feb 2017 10:27

BrightonEye
TownLad We've beaten Newcastle away, Brighton home and drawn away, Leeds home and away. So far only sheff Wednesday who are our perennial bogey team have beaten us but we dominated both games and came away with nothing.

Nice try matey. Despite that mightily impressive home win, I think you'll find that your team actually lost at Brighton on 13 September 2016...

Not to mention Reading 1-0 Huddersfield Town on 24 September.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Feb 2017 12:39

Brighton fans looking forward to Kermogant's return with a specific thread on him... Question around whether he will be getting stick...

I think he should. We were standing right in line with the tackle and there was a great intake of collective breath around us well before he actually reached LR - it was obvious what was going to happen long before it did. It wasn't a tackle, it was an assault. The great pity is that the referee noticed it and booked him. If he hadn't been booked he would have been subsequently done on video evidence and banned for a month. Nasty, nasty.

I don't often wish serious injury on a player, but in the cases of mssrs. Kermogent and Barton, I am happy to make an exception. I hope they both soon receive injuries which keep them out at least as long as Rosenior, if not longer

Yes I hope he breaks something badly

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 21 Feb 2017 12:42

:shock:

I really wouldn't wish serious injury on any player - even Barton who I detest. It's a pretty nasty thing to say and think too.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Feb 2017 12:49

They don't get the hypocrisy of wishing serious injury on a player who unintentionally inflicted serious injury on another player.

In contrast, while we oxf*rd hated Michael Brown for what he did to Karacan, did anyone wish serious injury on him as retribution?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Feb 2017 13:05

Poor little Rosenior. He wasn't cupping his ear with his hands and swearing at the crowd after Yann put that tackle in. Hope this doesn't impact on his England career.

The Informant

by The Informant » 21 Feb 2017 13:37

Rosenior is what I imagine a baby born out of an arse instead of a vagina to look like.

Not in a racist way, just looks the type that wasn't born out of a vagina. Hated him while he was here and I hope he never plays again due to injury.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Feb 2017 16:30

^ :roll:

Don't we have the same feelings doing the rounds here whenever the names of Richard Carpenter or John Gittins or Ron Futcher are mentioned?

Or is that different?

Best way to answer it is for Yann to simply score a Reading winner in the last minute.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Feb 2017 16:41

It was a poor tackle but seen plenty worse

Anyway, think there is some scope for play off rivals to lose points again tonight. Surely Derby can't afford to lose any more ground if they have any chance, and they have a local derby with Burton.

Sheff Weds have Brentford, so wouldn't be surprised if Brentford picked up a point. Obv Brentford have to improve massively defensively but they can certainly score goals.

Funny how bad Villa currently are - lost Hogan for a while due to an ankle injury from the look of it. No doubt will suddenly get their act together by the time we go there though.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Feb 2017 17:06

Hound It was a poor tackle but seen plenty worse

Anyway, think there is some scope for play off rivals to lose points again tonight. Surely Derby can't afford to lose any more ground if they have any chance, and they have a local derby with Burton.

Sheff Weds have Brentford, so wouldn't be surprised if Brentford picked up a point. Obv Brentford have to improve massively defensively but they can certainly score goals.

Funny how bad Villa currently are - lost Hogan for a while due to an ankle injury from the look of it. No doubt will suddenly get their act together by the time we go there though.

Thing is, I reckon if they held off sacking Di Matteo we would have won comfortably at home but we flopped to the new manager effect.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Feb 2017 17:36

paultheroyal Brighton fans looking forward to Kermogant's return with a specific thread on him... Question around whether he will be getting stick...

I think he should. We were standing right in line with the tackle and there was a great intake of collective breath around us well before he actually reached LR - it was obvious what was going to happen long before it did. It wasn't a tackle, it was an assault. The great pity is that the referee noticed it and booked him. If he hadn't been booked he would have been subsequently done on video evidence and banned for a month. Nasty, nasty.

I don't often wish serious injury on a player, but in the cases of mssrs. Kermogent and Barton, I am happy to make an exception. I hope they both soon receive injuries which keep them out at least as long as Rosenior, if not longer

Yes I hope he breaks something badly

He's in his mid thirties and possibly in his last season. I'd like to see his career ended on Saturday.

I'm wondering just HOW much trouble you'd be in for throwing a water bomb full of piss at him by the coach...

Be glad to see him suffer a David Busst as a measure of karma

Half Biscuit

by Half Biscuit » 21 Feb 2017 19:01

The Informant Rosenior is what I imagine a baby born out of an arse instead of a vagina to look like.

Not in a racist way, just looks the type that wasn't born out of a vagina. Hated him while he was here and I hope he never plays again due to injury.

Love this description. I too hated the gobshite while he was pretending to be a Reading player. Apart from anything else, he single-handedly jinxed Reading's promotion chances in 08-09 with his big self-promoting mouth.

However, I wouldn't wish a career-ending injury on anyone. Abject failure would be far better.

17149 posts