whats happened to?

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

whats happened to?

by paddy20 » 14 Feb 2017 10:31

Have they just been poor acquisitions or injury prone? Talking about Mendes, Weiser and Gravenberch

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: whats happened to?

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Feb 2017 10:34

cheap punts who might end up being a bargain, not a huge deal if they flop. Gravenberch was a McDermott era signing

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Feb 2017 10:39

Mendes has had a few knocks hasn't he? which will have impacted any progress he would have made.

Wieser - free transfer, low risk punt - not shown enough to be any more than a body on the bench occasionally

Gravenbirch - low key signing under the old manager.

Expect the latter two to move on in the summer, Mendes will stay if we stay down I would guess.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Feb 2017 14:38

Stranded Mendes has had a few knocks hasn't he? which will have impacted any progress he would have made.

Wieser - free transfer, low risk punt - not shown enough to be any more than a body on the bench occasionally

Gravenbirch - low key signing under the old manager.

Expect the latter two to move on in the summer, Mendes will stay if we stay down I would guess.

Never understood what the actual point was in signing Weiser. He's too old for the Academy and has never been anywhere near the first team save for the one time he was on the bench. Both Mendes and Gravenberch are Reading legends by comparison.

And while Gravenberch was signed when Brian was in charge, the fact that Brian McDermott went the very next day would suggest he probably would have come in anyway as I can't see the club signing a player Brian wanted when they know they were going to be moving him on within day or so....

......unless, of course, there's a conspiracy to be had here and Brian went very suddenly for some other reasons

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Feb 2017 14:45

Not so much that Brian wanted him but I imagine the deal with Gravenbirch was worked on with an eye on him being in charge. Him leaving and Stam coming in completely changed the way the team would be playing so he didn't really fit in any longer.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1