Did you see any stewards arguing with an elderly man in Y25/Y26 last night?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Did you see any stewards arguing with an elderly man in Y25/Y26 last night?

by Big Foot » 08 Mar 2017 12:34

My mate's Dad has got Alzheimer's and an incident occurred with the stewards before kick off/some time in the 1st half yesterday. Before any smartarses butt in, clearly he has a vague recollection of what happened, but whatever it was unfortunately left him very intimidated & resulted in him wanting to leave as soon as my mate found their Dad.

Did anyone on here witness a steward arguing with an elderly man / hear of this? If so, can you please PM me - you will be helping to put my mate & their Dad's minds at rest.

Thanks,
BF

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Did you see any stewards arguing with an elderly man in Y25/Y26 last night?

by royalp-we » 08 Mar 2017 14:04

Big Foot, unfortunately I don't have any information as I sit in the North, but regardless; I'm sorry to hear this and I can fully understand you wanting to look in to this for your friend.

In the first instance email the club with their seat number so they could check cctv; they would presumably assist. I'd perhaps post on social media... but in order to the get the facts straight your best bet would be to try the club first to help pin point who it was that has made him feel intimidated.

I'm sorry this isn't an answer and appreciate you may have done this already; but I hope you manage to find some more information one way or another.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 08 Mar 2017 16:11

I was sitting in Y25 and saw something like this.

Basically at some point in the first half one of the stewards started looking intensely at a group of people standing in Y25. Then a couple of 'Response' people in green jackets went up into the crowd. One started talking intensely to an older guy - I thought it was odd as he was sitting down and didn't seem to be doing anything. It only lasted about 10 seconds though. Then the other went and talked to some people standing up a few seats down from him. But they then left and I didn't see anything else happen - no one sat down at least!

I had a quick look at the seat plan and my best recollection is that he was in row S or T - something like seat 232 - 235. I don't know if it was your friends dad as it was over very quickly and I didn't seem to be a big deal.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Mar 2017 16:18

I 'might' know who you are talking about BF. My folks know him and he gets the bus quite often - they make sure he gets off the bus at the correct stop. I shall ask my folks, but I doubt they know anything as they sit down the other end of the East Stand. Of course, they might have heard something on the bus, so I shall report back if I find anything.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 08 Mar 2017 17:17

No Fixed Abode I 'might' know who you are talking about BF. My folks know him and he gets the bus quite often - they make sure he gets off the bus at the correct stop. I shall ask my folks, but I doubt they know anything as they sit down the other end of the East Stand. Of course, they might have heard something on the bus, so I shall report back if I find anything.

Yeah I think you will know m8 - he didn't get the bus home last night. The long & short of it is that when my mate saw their Dad, he was so distressed that the only option was for my mate to drive him home straight away.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 08 Mar 2017 17:17

No Fixed Abode I 'might' know who you are talking about BF. My folks know him and he gets the bus quite often - they make sure he gets off the bus at the correct stop. I shall ask my folks, but I doubt they know anything as they sit down the other end of the East Stand. Of course, they might have heard something on the bus, so I shall report back if I find anything.

Yeah I think you will know m8 - he didn't get the bus home last night. The long & short of it is that when my mate saw their Dad, he was so distressed that the only option was for my mate to drive him home straight away.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Mar 2017 18:12

Contact Jackie Evans at the club.
If the stewards were not aware he has Alzheimer's there could have been all sorts of confusion on both sides.
He'd be seen as a vulnerable person so I have no doubt the club would want to know if there was an issue.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Mar 2017 19:59

Nameless Contact Jackie Evans at the club.
If the stewards were not aware he has Alzheimer's there could have been all sorts of confusion on both sides.
He'd be seen as a vulnerable person so I have no doubt the club would want to know if there was an issue.

I've spoken to her, I think, if it was her I spoke to she's someone I think you could trust to be helpful, concerned and understanding.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Mar 2017 20:08

oxf*rd me, 31,697 posts later and he finally posts something where he isn't a troll. Strong effort kes.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 09 Mar 2017 07:34

Good luck getting it sorted, it is frustration for people with dementia, so they spark off quickly at times. And often cannot be reasoned with, so any argument just gets worse.

Hope it all works out well for him.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 09 Mar 2017 16:57

Can this be moved to rumours and gossip please

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 10 Mar 2017 01:20

LoyalRoyal22 Can this be moved to rumours and gossip please

Yet more poor form, do one you Bertie

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Mar 2017 10:51

Big Foot

Agreed. This is a genuine request for help and that was totally uncalled for.

My dad suffered from a hypoxic brain injury, so whilst not the same as Alzheimer's, the the effects are very similar and I can appreciate how confused a sufferer can get and how difficult to deal with it can be for someone who doesn't understand the condition.

I hope this gets resolved in a satisfactory manner for all involved.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 Mar 2017 11:02

From Despair To Where?
Big Foot

My dad suffered from a hypoxic brain injury, so whilst not the same as Alzheimer's, the the effects are very similar and I can appreciate how confused a sufferer can get and how difficult to deal with it can be for someone who doesn't understand the condition.

I don't quite get what 'resolved' is in this case!

Lack of understanding on my part btw...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Mar 2017 11:16

Well, the family are clearly looking for some clarification about what happened. There may be an aspect of the steward's actions that requires addressing or praising the family may want to pass on their concerns or thanks.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 12 Mar 2017 08:49

BR0B0T
From Despair To Where?
Big Foot Yet more poor form, do one you Bertie

I don't quite get what 'resolved' is in this case!

Lack of understanding on my part btw...

FDTW has form with disablists and so would probably want some kind of payout, free transport etc etc :roll:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Mar 2017 13:39

semtex1871 FDTW has form with disablists and so would probably want some kind of payout, free transport etc etc :roll:

I generally think the internet is fair game but personally I'd draw the line at going after a guy with disabled children in case it made me look like, you know, a massive cunt

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 14 Mar 2017 18:53

Maguire
semtex1871 FDTW has form with disablists and so would probably want some kind of payout, free transport etc etc :roll:

I generally think the internet is fair game but personally I'd draw the line at going after a guy with disabled children in case it made me look like, you know, a massive cunt

The fact we all know about it means he has, you know, put it out there on the regs.......

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Mar 2017 14:31

semtex1871
Maguire

The fact we all know about it means he has, you know, put it out there on the regs.......
The fact we all know you're a pcunt, you know, doesn't mean you have to behave like one........

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Mar 2017 00:05

semtex1871
Maguire

Fcuk me, you're breathtakingly ignorant.