Back from listening to the game v preston on the radio

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from listening to the game v preston on the radio

by Ian Royal » 13 Mar 2017 19:26

NewCorkSeth
Ian Royal
NewCorkSeth Have our results actually been worse recently? In terms of ppg are we not roughly the same?

Our ppg over the last 18, split into 6 game periods is

1-6: 2.0
7-12: 1.8
13-18: 1.2
season: 1.7

So yeah, we're basically on our worst run of the season and doing significantly less well.

Interesting. Just a shite February really. No chance the January loan signings are damaging the squad in any way?

Well... I haven't been impressed by Grabban or Mutch, and I think their arrival has changed the selection and shape choices. But it's on limited viewing. We've struggled to get a consistent XI out, even accounting for midweek rest changes - I think that must be hurting us a bit.

double d

by double d » 13 Mar 2017 19:30

I have now watched the highlights and we weren't that bad.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Mar 2017 19:32

NewCorkSeth
Interesting. Just a shite February really. No chance the January loan signings are damaging the squad in any way?

All the chopping and changing due to injuries cannot be helping. Not easy to come straight into a team and play well either. Rather than playing their normal game the loanees are having to adapt to Stams style.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Mar 2017 19:38

Watching the extended highlights and our defending is just unbelievable.

Goal 1:
I don't actually think Blackett deserves as much stick as he's got. It's a very hard ball to deal with. Probably shouldn't have tried to lunge for it selling himself, but that's causing no problems until the rest of the defence and midfield decide they don't want to get within 6 yards of marking a Preston player.

Goal 2:
You'd think after Brighton we'd learn our lesson. But no. Williams and McCleary take each other out and Gunter does his usual pussyfooting around. Any one of them could have just taken the cynical yellow and it's no goal.

Goal 3: Two Preston players queuing up to finish it off completely unmarked around our six yard box. It's just not good enough.

We looked like we carried a bit of attacking threat, but mostly the highlights show McCleary or Grabban smashing hopeful long efforts either comfortably off target or too close to the keeper.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Mar 2017 20:08

Ian Royal Goal 1:
I don't actually think Blackett deserves as much stick as he's got. It's a very hard ball to deal with. Probably shouldn't have tried to lunge for it selling himself, but that's causing no problems until the rest of the defence and midfield decide they don't want to get within 6 yards of marking a Preston player.

Maybe I'd go a long with that if it was a university team but any professional should have dealt with that situation far better. It was an awful mistake and there's no excusing it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Mar 2017 20:37

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal Goal 1:

Maybe I'd go a long with that if it was a university team but any professional should have dealt with that situation far better. It was an awful mistake and there's no excusing it.

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to differ, I was expecting to see something 10 times worse from the descriptions on here, maybe that's coloured my view. I'm sure we can both live with disagreeing. :)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Mar 2017 20:44

NewCorkSeth
Ian Royal
NewCorkSeth Have our results actually been worse recently? In terms of ppg are we not roughly the same?

Our ppg over the last 18, split into 6 game periods is

1-6: 2.0
7-12: 1.8
13-18: 1.2
season: 1.7

So yeah, we're basically on our worst run of the season and doing significantly less well.

More likely the dreadful run of crippled defenders coupled with the fact the fixture list has thrown us successive away games againt the rather useful teams instead of the midtable strugglers.

Signing a striker and sticking him midfield, where we've already got about ten different options, instead of developing a plan B is just plainly ludicrous as well - and I think that's the one area you can be critical of Jaap.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Mar 2017 21:59

Ian Royal
CountryRoyal
Ian Royal Goal 1:

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to differ, I was expecting to see something 10 times worse from the descriptions on here, maybe that's coloured my view. I'm sure we can both live with disagreeing. :)

Yep, one of the benefits of being such a vexatious knob is that I've long since learnt to not get worked up with someone disagreeing with me, and don't really understand people who do. :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Mar 2017 22:48

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal
CountryRoyal

Yep, one of the benefits of being such a vexatious knob is that I've long since learnt to not get worked up with someone disagreeing with me, and don't really understand people who do. :lol:

Well, quite.

Wouldn't it be awful if HNA was just an enormous circle of gnoshing each other off in polite agreement.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Mar 2017 22:57

:?

*zips up*

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 14 Mar 2017 11:41

Ian Royal Wouldn't it be awful if HNA was just an enormous circle of gnoshing each other off in polite agreement.

Now frightened to agree with this sentiment.... :shock: