Loan players

Delboy

Loan players

by Delboy » 09 Apr 2017 08:47

Three loan players in the team yesterday , simply does not work , no commitment, Stam please do not play them anymore I would rather see our younger hungrier players !

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Loan players

by Sutekh » 09 Apr 2017 08:59

Delboy Three loan players in the team yesterday , simply does not work , no commitment, Stam please do not play them anymore I would rather see our younger hungrier players !

As I see it one is talented but learning the game, another is an excellent striker but continually being played in midfield or on the wing and the other is just, well, not very good therefore this is the fault of the manager and not the players themselves who I do actually think have the commitment.

Davezk

by Davezk » 09 Apr 2017 09:11

People like to make scapegoats of certain players and Mutch/Grabban are the boo boys targets at the moment.

They have been poor but I think they are being overblamed...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Apr 2017 09:23

I'd rather see Meite, Popa, Beerens, Rakels, Fosu, Harriott or Barrett playing than Grabban. Obviously not all are available. He is a better option than Mendes at least.

Mutch, there's less available with so many midfield injuries. I suspect Williams wasn't really fit enough to play but could have been used in a real emergency. No point at 3-0 or 6-1.

I'm not sure I'd fancy a Kelly - Swift 4-4-2 any better than playing Mutch. We need Williams, and more importantly at least one of Evans and Joey fit soon.

It's been a truely incredible season given the near constant injury worries and team selectuon issues we've had.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 09 Apr 2017 09:28

Didn't see the Norwich game (Thank God) but thought Mutch was decent against Leeds
I think it's perfectly reasonable to have selected him. Grabban on the other hand has shown very little. Would like to see him in his preferred position, but don't think he will play again.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Apr 2017 10:35

Davezk People like to make scapegoats of certain players and Mutch/Grabban are the boo boys targets at the moment.

Have you seen a lot them?

Deserve every ounce of criticism they get.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Apr 2017 08:20

bcubed Didn't see the Norwich game (Thank God) but thought Mutch was decent against Leeds
I think it's perfectly reasonable to have selected him. Grabban on the other hand has shown very little. Would like to see him in his preferred position, but don't think he will play again.

We won't seem him in his preferred position as Yann is playing well at the moment and we don't play 2 up top, so would be surprised to see him anywhere but the bench now to come on if Yann is not playing well or if we need to chase a game.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Apr 2017 08:51

Ian Royal I'd rather see Meite, Popa, Beerens, Rakels, Fosu, Harriott or Barrett playing than Grabban. Obviously not all are available. He is a better option than Mendes at least.

Mutch, there's less available with so many midfield injuries. I suspect Williams wasn't really fit enough to play but could have been used in a real emergency. No point at 3-0 or 6-1.

I'm not sure I'd fancy a Kelly - Swift 4-4-2 any better than playing Mutch. We need Williams, and more importantly at least one of Evans and Joey fit soon.

It's been a truely incredible season given the near constant injury worries and team selectuon issues we've had.

Have we had a bad season with injuries ?
Doesn't really seem to have been a bad one. Very few serious, long term injuries amongst genuine first team starters, bits and pieces of niggles.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Apr 2017 08:57

I think Mutch has been pretty average really. He has at least given the chance to rotate and rest the midfield a bit. Williams is a vastly superior player though from what I have seen, as are JDVB and the younger lads in there. A definite no in terms of a permanent signing hopefully.

Grabban has been very disappointing. I don't think he has been quite as bad as people make out on here, but I really hoped he would be the prolific scorer to take us into the prem.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Apr 2017 10:10

Not sure how responsible Grabban is for conceding 7 goals tbf

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Apr 2017 18:30

Nameless
Ian Royal I'd rather see Meite, Popa, Beerens, Rakels, Fosu, Harriott or Barrett playing than Grabban. Obviously not all are available. He is a better option than Mendes at least.

Have we had a bad season with injuries ?
Doesn't really seem to have been a bad one. Very few serious, long term injuries amongst genuine first team starters, bits and pieces of niggles.

Not lots of big long term ones, but lots of niggles here and there. McShane's been in and out. Quinn, obvs. Rakels. Obita's been out a bit. Ilori got injured the second he walked in the door. Kermorgant's had an injury. Meite's struggled with fitness. Williams, Kelly, Swift, Evans, JVDB all been out. Harriott etc etc.

tlcs

by tlcs » 10 Apr 2017 18:46

Davezk People like to make scapegoats of certain players and Mutch/Grabban are the boo boys targets at the moment.

Perhaps if you went to the game your attitude might be different !!!!!

Mutch is not a scapegoat he's just shite

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Apr 2017 10:22

Nameless two rather more significant Royals in that Rovers sides in addition to the rather minor loanees !

A list of our 20 most significant loanees would be an interesting one....

From another thread but nonetheless an interesting place to start. I would suggest that most have been largely anonymous and may as well have not been signed

Anyone (Strap?) got a decent list of loanees from down the years? Who was Reading's very first loan player, when did the loan system start?

Some names of varying stature that spring to mind from down the years are

Paul Lemon
Bob Hazell
Jim Leighton
David Lee
Garry Brooke
Mark McKeever
Andy Gray
Matthew Upson
Zurab Khizanishvili
Mikele Leigertwood
Glen Little
Sekou Baradji
Michael O'Neil
Ryan Bertrand
Neil Clement
Eric Nixon
Paul Barron
Michael Branch
Tony Thorpe
Glenn Murray
Nick Colgan

Not to mention the 6 from last season

Davezk

by Davezk » 15 Apr 2017 21:29

Well Grabban did pretty well today

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Apr 2017 21:37

certainly raised his shares today

A bit of perserverence and being played in his rightful position, he could just become the man

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Apr 2017 22:43

Sutekh
Nameless two rather more significant Royals in that Rovers sides in addition to the rather minor loanees !

From another thread but nonetheless an interesting place to start. I would suggest that most have been largely anonymous and may as well have not been signed

Anyone (Strap?) got a decent list of loanees from down the years? Who was Reading's very first loan player, when did the loan system start?

Paul Lemon
Bob Hazell
Jim Leighton
David Lee
Garry Brooke
Mark McKeever
Andy Gray
Matthew Upson
Zurab Khizanishvili
Mikele Leigertwood
Glen Little
Sekou Baradji
Michael O'Neil
Ryan Bertrand
Neil Clement
Eric Nixon
Paul Barron
Michael Branch
Tony Thorpe
Glenn Murray
Nick Colgan

Wasn't Andy Griffin a loanee before it was made perm?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 15 Apr 2017 22:51

CountryRoyal
Sutekh

Paul Lemon
Bob Hazell
Jim Leighton
David Lee
Garry Brooke
Mark McKeever
Andy Gray
Matthew Upson
Zurab Khizanishvili
Mikele Leigertwood
Glen Little
Sekou Baradji
Michael O'Neil
Ryan Bertrand
Neil Clement
Eric Nixon
Paul Barron
Michael Branch
Tony Thorpe
Glenn Murray
Nick Colgan

For proving their worth; Hahnemann tops the list for me. Closely followed by Little, then Upson.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 16 Apr 2017 02:43

Steve Death

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Apr 2017 08:12

royalp-we
CountryRoyal
Sutekh

Paul Lemon
Bob Hazell
Jim Leighton
David Lee
Garry Brooke
Mark McKeever
Andy Gray
Matthew Upson
Zurab Khizanishvili
Mikele Leigertwood
Glen Little
Sekou Baradji
Michael O'Neil
Ryan Bertrand
Neil Clement
Eric Nixon
Paul Barron
Michael Branch
Tony Thorpe
Glenn Murray
Nick Colgan

For proving their worth; Hahnemann tops the list for me. Closely followed by Little, then Upson.

Should we not limit it to how players played while on loan, not how they did once the loan became permenant ? Hahnemann didn't start at all impressively but obviously went on to do ok !

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Apr 2017 12:07

Nameless
royalp-we
CountryRoyal

Should we not limit it to how players played while on loan, not how they did once the loan became permenant ? Hahnemann didn't start at all impressively but obviously went on to do ok !

Little was pretty average during his loan spell as well.