Our second goal vs Rotherham

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hughsies no.1

Our second goal vs Rotherham

by hughsies no.1 » 17 Apr 2017 23:23

Every Reading fan needs to watch our second goal back today in its entirety from when we won back possession in our own half.

Kelly won that ball back and guaranteed (just like where I was sitting) fans were urging him to play it long to Kermogant, instead he turned around and played a short ball back to Blackett - at that point fans around me were booing our style of play. I had a look at Jaap and he applauded Kelly for that pass.

Two minutes later we were up the other end finishing a fine passing move to go 2-1 up completing a great comeback.

What I am trying to get at here is this philosophy is why we are THIRD in the league and fans need to appreciate we are not going to panic and lump it forward - this will drive Stam out - he was even quoted after the match about being annoyed about the booing and I saw Gunter react in the first half too.

Safe to say the one chap I caught booing Kelly's backward pass was up celebrating the goal shortly after...
Last edited by hughsies no.1 on 17 Apr 2017 23:31, edited 1 time in total.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Our second goal vs Rotherham

by Top Flight » 17 Apr 2017 23:25

Good post.

Booing the team is very difficult to comprehend at the moment. They deserve a lot of praise.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Apr 2017 23:32

Simply won't understand booing this season - we truly have the most mongiest support base in the country.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Apr 2017 00:01

CountryRoyal Simply won't understand booing this season - we truly have the most mongiest support base in the country.

No we don't.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Apr 2017 07:37

I don't think all the whingers shouting 'get it forward' etc are ever going to really go away. I suppose the way we play is at odds with what a lot of people have been brought up on

Thankfully the majority of the crowd seem to 'get it' nowadays

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Apr 2017 08:18

I agree and think those who booed need to realise that we aren't a team that lumps it forward. If we did then we wouldn't be 3rd in the bloody league. Many of our goals come from being patient, forcing a few of their players out of position and then putting in good balls down the wings or quick flow passes through the opposition.

It can be dull to watch at times but let's enjoy it. Stam wont be here forever and we haven't won this many home games since the 2005/06 promotion season. Let's just enjoy the ride! I will be excited next season whether we are promoted or stay in the championship.

I for one actually enjoy us controlling games. We use to get battered at home with Federici always getting us out of jail and I'd rather this than the dire football a year or 2 ago

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Apr 2017 08:29

hughsies no.1 Every Reading fan needs to watch our second goal back today in its entirety from when we won back possession in our own half.

Kelly won that ball back and guaranteed (just like where I was sitting) fans were urging him to play it long to Kermogant, instead he turned around and played a short ball back to Blackett - at that point fans around me were booing our style of play. I had a look at Jaap and he applauded Kelly for that pass.

Two minutes later we were up the other end finishing a fine passing move to go 2-1 up completing a great comeback.

What I am trying to get at here is this philosophy is why we are THIRD in the league and fans need to appreciate we are not going to panic and lump it forward - this will drive Stam out - he was even quoted after the match about being annoyed about the booing and I saw Gunter react in the first half too.

Safe to say the one chap I caught booing Kelly's backward pass was up celebrating the goal shortly after...

The ones booing were no doubt the ones out their seat cheering and clapping shouting "what a goal"

Idiots

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Apr 2017 11:50

The start of the season and that never ending passing around at the back. Feels like a decade ago. The style of play has come a very long way.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 18 Apr 2017 12:31

Even the early season stuff was far better than the dire possession-based football that Adkins and Rodgers advocated.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 18 Apr 2017 17:34

Similar goal to the second at Villa. A very incisive ball inside the left back to the winger who put in a sumptuous cross for a (relative) tap in finish

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 18 Apr 2017 17:41

Football is a results based 'business' much as we all might hate that word.
Clubs have shareholders / wage bills / sponsorship ad infinitum.
We Reading FC have the second best home record in the English championship a league that is widely acknowledged to be one of the toughest on the planet to get out of. We're sitting third having not splashed stupid money on players. That's down to Jap Staam and the players who have bought into his vision and style of play. It may not be Barcelona it may not be tikka tekka but it's bloody working and that's what the shareholders / fans etc desire and want. To be competitive and be in the mix and anybody who whines about a perceived lack of flair or style can piss off and go watch somebody else as far as I'm concerned as they have no appreciation for how a proper team is built and how you build a legacy. He's doing just that and you can bet your bottom shiny new pound coin he wont hang around if a 'bigger' club come knocking.

I was at the pre-season disaster that was AFC Wimbledon and our first away game V wolves. I recall graphically wolves fans patting me on the shoulder in sympathy after that game en route back to the car.

Look who's laughing now :evil:

In Jap we trust.
Onwards and upwards.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 18 Apr 2017 19:56

Emeraldroyal Football is a results based 'business' much as we all might hate that word.
Clubs have shareholders / wage bills / sponsorship ad infinitum.
We Reading FC have the second best home record in the English championship a league that is widely acknowledged to be one of the toughest on the planet to get out of. We're sitting third having not splashed stupid money on players. That's down to Jap Staam and the players who have bought into his vision and style of play. It may not be Barcelona it may not be tikka tekka but it's bloody working and that's what the shareholders / fans etc desire and want. To be competitive and be in the mix and anybody who whines about a perceived lack of flair or style can piss off and go watch somebody else as far as I'm concerned as they have no appreciation for how a proper team is built and how you build a legacy. He's doing just that and you can bet your bottom shiny new pound coin he wont hang around if a 'bigger' club come knocking.

I was at the pre-season disaster that was AFC Wimbledon and our first away game V wolves. I recall graphically wolves fans patting me on the shoulder in sympathy after that game en route back to the car.

Look who's laughing now :evil:

In Jap we trust.
Onwards and upwards.

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1