CONFIMRED: Sone Aluko

258 posts
Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: Rumour: Sone Aluko

by Kitsondinho » 28 Jul 2017 15:59

LightwaterRoyal Reading are planning a double swoop for Huddersfield striker Nakhi Wells and Fulham forward Sone Aluko. [TEAMtalk]

If this happened, I'd be very happy. Both quality Championship players who would offer an awful lot to the squad. Yes they are both inconsistent, but they'd improve on what we currently have up top, Yann excepted of course!!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jul 2017 10:36

The Sunday Mirror is reporting the same this morning.

I think it would add some much needed dynamism and pace to our front line. Yes, they are inconsistent, but if they weren't they be playing in the Premier League and be worth a lot more money.

We were crying out for two players like them last season, so I'd be really happy if this happens.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Jul 2017 12:31

genome The Sunday Mirror is reporting the same this morning.

I think it would add some much needed dynamism and pace to our front line. Yes, they are inconsistent, but if they weren't they be playing in the Premier League and be worth a lot more money.

We were crying out for two players like them last season, so I'd be really happy if this happens.

Thought the same. On their own each player is a tad underwhelming (especially considering their goal return and the price points mooted), but together they could offer us a more pacey direct approach which sounds somewhat exciting.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 31 Jul 2017 14:54

Fulham have signed a striker/winger today. Not saying he's signed as a replacement or leaves room for Aluko to leave but I guess only helps our chances if their plan to tie Aluko down to a new deal fails.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/31/kamara-signs

And for all you eagled eyed Twitter users - Garath McCleary started following Aluko in the last 24hrs

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2017 14:59

Aluko's a strange situation. It seems that the manager there has no control over transfers. He has openly said that he wants to keep Aluko but understands the club might want to sell him. He is also openly not taking responsibility for their new signings.

I don't know what their finances are like nowadays, but maybe the board are thinking they can make a quick 1.5-2m profit on someone they got for free last year, and solely on financial terms, thats a good deal

But then in saying that the board could easily have cashed in on overrated Cairney or Sessegnon and haven't done so

BerksRzz

by BerksRzz » 31 Jul 2017 15:06

Their manager has already said he doesn't agree with one or two of the signings they've made this summer. It's all controlled from upstairs and they employ the stats based methodology when signing people.

Basically he deals with what he's given and has nothing to do with who comes in and who leaves.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jul 2017 16:16

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/fo ... e-13408546

The former Hull City man has been the subject of speculation this summer with Reading thought to be one of the clubs interested in a move.

BYPHIL SPENCER
08:39, 31 JUL 2017

Fulham say they are looking into extending the contract of forward Sone Aluko after confirming they have received "multiple bids for the star".

The former Hull City man has been the subject of speculation this summer with Reading thought to be one of the clubs interested in a move.

Fulham say there are moves to extend the contract of striker Sone Aluko and confirmed "multiple bids" from an unnamed club have been rejected.

Speaking after the Cottagers' defeat by Wolfsburg, manager Slavisa Jokanovic said: ""All I can do is fight, around me there is news we're thinking about selling him.

"If we do this then it will be a big mistake for my team."

Following Jokanovic's interview, Fulham told BBC Radio London: "Ultimately, it looks likely there could be a contract extension.

"The club have had multiple bids for him and have rejected them."

Speculation about Nigeria international Aluko's future comes at a bad time with the club set to begin their Championship campaign against Norwich City on Saturday.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 31 Jul 2017 18:37

I imagine signing Cairney's new contract cost a fair wedge, and keeping him means no >£10 million windfall to fund other transfers.

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 01 Aug 2017 08:13

I like Aluko a lot. Lot's of energy and good work rate. Would certainly be a useful addition.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 01 Aug 2017 08:26

8 goals and 12 assists last season and would come from a team playing a similar style to ours. I'd be happy with this - can't really see any of our wingers contributing those sorts of numbers (McCleary seems a little injury prone so not sure if he'll be as effective this year). If we could get him for £4m or under it would be superb.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Aug 2017 22:45

Cryptic tweets from Mr Aluko tonight ft. moving goalposts.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Aug 2017 06:47

Can't see us going for him now we have Barrow

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Aug 2017 08:05

Da Bells Da Bells He's oxf*rd lost it. Definitely something going on there :lol:

At a complete guess, I would say he was probably told he could leave at some point over the past month but the club have changed their mind.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Aug 2017 09:00

Da Bells Da Bells I don't understand why he would want to leave though.

I don't think he particularly does, the board want to sell him.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Aug 2017 09:09

Da Bells Da Bells I don't understand why he would want to leave though.

Rumours at the Fulham end suggest that the contract Reading would give him: 4 years of stability earning an extra 10k a week than he does at Fulham, would have a role to play. Whereas the Fulham contract offer is similar to what he's earning now and half as long.

My guess would be he was told he can talk to us/leave (he's 28 and their policy is pretty strict "no-one older than 27" under their panel), he has one year left on his deal so would want a good contract/stability. Post Slavisa's comments he's been told he's staying and they've either put a contract under his nose and it's not good enough, or they've not offered anything yet.

No idea myself, just piecing together what's going around.

ChickenClucker

by ChickenClucker » 15 Aug 2017 09:26

I wouldn't want to be Fulham Manager with their strategy. Seems bonkers

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Aug 2017 09:30

Hound Can't see us going for him now we have Barrow

Him and Barrow on either side would be a very tasty combo. Worth a go if the price is right.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Aug 2017 09:31

Da Bells Da Bells He's oxf*rd lost it. Definitely something going on there :lol:

What do they say?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Aug 2017 10:31

John Smith I was hoping you could paste a quote. Please paste a quote.

1)
The everyday struggle I'm up against :lol: :lol: .

2)
If 1 day I write a book on my career I could dedicate a whole chapter to this past month [thought bubble emoji]. I have to just laugh at some stuff in football

3)
Just thought since I've read so many other 'statements' and articles on me recently that have been well confusing might as well add my own..

4)
Greatest job in the world...fact! I'm always happy... even when I'm confused :lol:
as fans we wanna know you're happy and enjoying your football!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Aug 2017 10:40

Thanks a lot both.

What a fruitcake. I'd still have him in my Reading starting XI though

258 posts