MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a) sponsored by the first long trek of the season

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a) sponsored by the first long trek of the season

by CountryRoyal » 19 Aug 2017 16:43

TBH we could have had Aguero up front and we still probably wouldn't have won.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a) sponsored by the first long trek of the season

by CountryRoyal » 19 Aug 2017 16:44

Sutekh ONE shot on target

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't even remember it.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 19 Aug 2017 16:46

CountryRoyal

It was a Mendes header from a free kick. The Preston goalkeeper almost had to move to catch it, would've been a lot of unnecessary work for him on his day off

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Aug 2017 16:50

alfie9
CountryRoyal

It was a Mendes header from a free kick. The Preston goalkeeper almost had to move to catch it, would've been a lot of unnecessary work for him on his day off

Oh yeah now I recall, his first touch after he came on...

..In the 34th minute. :roll:

Jesus Christ I literally can't be bothered to detail everything that was wrong with this performance I'd be here all night.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Aug 2017 16:52

Started with no striker upfront then lost our two most creative players, away from home

Why are you surprised?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2017 16:54

Some of the other results around were at more interesting tbh

Cardiff beating wolves a biggie, plus Ipswich winning/Brentford losing again (despite stats wise Brentford battering them). Boro losing to forest

Fulham still to win, and Villa comfortably beating Norwich

Difficult to call the division this year

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Aug 2017 16:58

genome

Started with no striker upfront then lost our two most creative players, away from home

Why are you surprised?

In fairness if the player's that were on the pitch played to their ability I'm sure they could have mustered up a decent couple of chances.
Every single outfield player was making individual errors which cost us as a team. Couldn't build up any momentum and ultimately created next to nothing.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 19 Aug 2017 17:12

CountryRoyal TBH we could have had Aguero up front and we still probably wouldn't have won.

Exactly

What we need are more midfielders........,. :roll:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Aug 2017 17:15

John Madejski's Wallet
CountryRoyal TBH we could have had Aguero up front and we still probably wouldn't have won.

Exactly

What we need are for the players we actually have to stop routinely forgetting they're footballers and actually do the basics right.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Aug 2017 17:45

CountryRoyal
John Madejski's Wallet

Exactly

What we need are for the players we actually have to stop routinely forgetting they're footballers and actually do the basics right.

And stay fit.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 19 Aug 2017 17:55

CountryRoyal
alfie9
CountryRoyal

Oh yeah now I recall, his first touch after he came on...

..In the 34th minute. :roll:

Jesus Christ I literally can't be bothered to detail everything that was wrong with this performance I'd be here all night.

lets put it down to the two injuries and hope they're not serious or ...

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 19 Aug 2017 19:36

Royality creeps In I have a horrible feeling that the optimism generated after Tuesday will come flying back to earth with a rather large bump!
We are Reading after all. Its what we do. :cry:

Who wants the lottery numbers :cry:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2017 19:46

Royality creeps In
Royality creeps In I have a horrible feeling that the optimism generated after Tuesday will come flying back to earth with a rather large bump!

Well I suppose being optimistic, the one thing we seem to excel at under Stam is coming back from a desperate performance with a win in the next game

Hopefully save that one for Brum next week

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Aug 2017 19:54

Hound
Royality creeps In

Well I suppose being optimistic, the one thing we seem to excel at under Stam is coming back from a desperate performance with a win in the next game

Hopefully save that one for Brum next week

Can`t wait, wish to god I had waited before diving in headlong for next week.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 19 Aug 2017 20:28

K.URZ13 Reading mid striker crisis, meanwhile, recently sold, academy graduate Dom Samuel scores for Blackburn.

3 goals from 4 games this season. 2 goals from 400mins (just over 4 games for Reading) last season in the championships

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 09 Feb 2018 22:18

alfie9
CountryRoyal Bacuna to make himself an instant hero.

...and he's slammed it into row Z

I sit in Row Z as it happens...