Back From The Match - Preston

Esteban

Re: Back From The Match - Preston

by Esteban » 20 Aug 2017 20:53

Didn't make it to the game myself, but a friend who isn't a nobber did go and summed up the game in one succinct text:

"Imagine being invited to cheese and wine party and accidentally turning up to punk rock gig. We wanted to tip toe around, act all refined and generally ponce about, whereas Preston wanted to get pissed, shout a lot and start a fight."

Make of that what you will. It wasn't really the full on 'fan's eye view' of the game I was hoping for!

The Cube

by The Cube » 20 Aug 2017 21:54

windermereROYAL
The Prisoner I used to live in Preston. Decent place. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Didn`t know they had a prison or borstal there. :D

Preston prison is right near the ground. I think visiting time must start at 2pm on a Saturday, as I have seen queues of people waiting outside on many occasions.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Aug 2017 09:14

Ascotexgunner Getting close to writing this season off. Its clear we are an utter sack of s*ite away from home and it's clear it's not going to improve.

Not sure if you were a fan last season (cos you aren't this) but we lost our first two away games. We also lost at Preston so grab yourself a strong rubber band for that jerky knee you've got and calm down fella.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Aug 2017 10:39

There is nothing more pathetic in football these days, half and half scarves included, than digging teams out based on their away support

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 Aug 2017 11:26

I didn't go to the game or listen to BBCRB but noticed in yesterday's press that Hugill was their star man.

I am Just interested to know from anyone who went to the game, or listened to the commentary, if he is the type of striker that would be a big plus for us?

I really rated him last year when I saw him play.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 21 Aug 2017 11:41

blythspartan I didn't go to the game or listen to BBCRB but noticed in yesterday's press that Hugill was their star man.

I am Just interested to know from anyone who went to the game, or listened to the commentary, if he is the type of striker that would be a big plus for us?

Didn’t we show interest in him earlier in the summer?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Aug 2017 11:45

Oilroyal
blythspartan I didn't go to the game or listen to BBCRB but noticed in yesterday's press that Hugill was their star man.

Didn’t we show interest in him earlier in the summer?

So did Sunderland apparently. Preston though are determined not to sell any of their players this summer having already rejected 7 figure bid for Cunningham and flatly rejecting to talk about the likes of Hugill and Barkhuizen going anywhere.

It'll be silly money if he does go anywhere this window which as we know never happens in football....

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 21 Aug 2017 11:56

He bullied McShane for most of the game, his goal came mostly from Moore standing off him in the 6yd box and allowing him time to get the ball down to score. ie it was poor defending from us. I wasn't too impressed with him, I'd prefer to get Barkhuisen.