BFTG Bees

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Re: BFTG Bees

by LWJ » 17 Sep 2017 10:54

windermereROYAL
royalp-we It's not difficult to understand that our attack is needing a bit of time to gel together. It'll come good.

If we beat Hull (I think we will) optimism will soon return.

One note on Blackett; I thought he had done quite well in recent games. Was he really as bad yesterday as some people are making out?

I`ve not seen anything on here being critical of Blackett, maybe on twitter. for me he didn`t do too much wrong. certainly no worse than the other 10 in the first half, earned the pen too, he did ok.

Moore earned the penalty.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Sep 2017 10:58

LWJ
windermereROYAL
royalp-we It's not difficult to understand that our attack is needing a bit of time to gel together. It'll come good.

If we beat Hull (I think we will) optimism will soon return.

One note on Blackett; I thought he had done quite well in recent games. Was he really as bad yesterday as some people are making out?

I`ve not seen anything on here being critical of Blackett, maybe on twitter. for me he didn`t do too much wrong. certainly no worse than the other 10 in the first half, earned the pen too, he did ok.

Don`t think so.
Reading improved in the second half and levelled through Liam Kelly's penalty after Rico Henry pushed Tyler Blackett to the ground from a free-kick.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Sep 2017 11:08

La Flama Blanca
KatieY23
windermereROYAL Well pretty difficult to sum that up, shambles comes to mind. first half second to every thing, Brentford harried and pressed us all olver the pitch, and we couldn`t cope with it, I was more than happy to go in only 1 down.

Second half we came out. looked better and more balanced, Beerens looked good down the left and looked a constant threat. got what was probably a deserves leveller on 70th minute. but after that that returned to the first half and were clinging on by our fingertips at time.
All in all a undeserved point.
Dunno if it`s been said before but hell we need a striker, a outlet. Bodvarsson certainly isn`t that guy.
I fear for us this year if we don`t don`t improve on this.

Now let me sum up my main gripe of the day.
Kids/teenagers that claim to be supporters of our club, a f*cking disgrace inside and outside of the ground. what do you get from that behaviour on the train? noisy and obnoxious.
Did you get a kick from knocking the old lady to the ground when we scored and not having the decency to pick her up and apologise?
Disgusting chants at the Brentford keeper and to a lesser extent the black stewards?
A day out from their chav households, but if they can`t take more than 3 lemonades maybe they should stay away.
Rumour of a smoke bomb let off on the train back too, if true a very bad idea in today`s climate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/callummaguir ... 2152325054

Bobby snitching all over twitter.

Sleep in ditches.

Are this group of idiots friends of yours Katie? You seem a bit upset over it. They're obviously too thick to realise the train carriages are filled with CCTV anyway and pulling the emergency stop is going to get them at least a fine. I hope they enjoyed their few hours feeling like big boys in a quiet part of West London because I somehow doubt they'll be giving it the big one at The Den in a few weeks. Also, if you're going to take a smoke bomb to a ground with you at least have the bottle to set it off in the ground or outside the pub. Anywhere else is completely pointless.

I was near them in the ground. they kept singing we want our tyler back. I assumed they were talking about Tyler Blackett, but it turned out one of their friends named Tyler was refused entry to the ground. make of that what you will.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 17 Sep 2017 11:28

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... 632203.amp

Reading FC condemn the smoke bomb group and say it's not acceptable. Also urge people to contact BTP to help identify them

DailyMail and the Sun now featuring it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... train.html

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Sep 2017 11:44

windermereROYAL
LWJ
windermereROYAL

Don`t think so.
Reading improved in the second half and levelled through Liam Kelly's penalty after Rico Henry pushed Tyler Blackett to the ground from a free-kick.

Looked pretty clearly Moore on the highlights, random bolded unatributed text isn't very credible.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Sep 2017 11:53

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL
LWJ Moore earned the penalty.

Don`t think so.

Looked pretty clearly Moore on the highlights, random bolded unatributed text isn't very credible.

It was from the BBC report, Sky report it has Moore in their report.
I thought it was Blackett at the time. but both have similar haircuts a easy mistake to make.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Sep 2017 11:56

windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL
Don`t think so.

it was from the BBC report, Sky report it has Moore in their report.
I thought it was Blackett at the time. but both have similar haircuts a easy mistake to make.

Fair play, I've mixed up players that are more humiliating. :lol:

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 17 Sep 2017 12:38

It was definitely Moore that was tried for the penalty and he was also blocked for the one that wasn't given. Had a perfect view of both being set in the seats to the left of the away fans. The second one would've been harsh but could Ben given as a Brentford player stepped across and to Moore out.

Whoever said we need to start quicker can't have been there as we had a number of breaks early on and their fans were expecting us to score at any time before Brentford took hold of the 1st half. After that we couldn't seem to handle their movement and just let runners go which is how they scored their goal.

Not sure if it was the change for Beerens, the half time kick up the arse or both but we were much improved 2nd half but just lacked the accuracy on the last pass to get in on goal. That said I thought that Aluko's late shot was in when he hit it but it just didn't dip enough in the last couple of yards.

Mannone nearly produced schoolboy error of the year dropping the ball without looking over his shoulder but got lucky

All in all it was a disappointing game which neither team really deserved to win so a fair result.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Sep 2017 13:03

Decent report, def fits into the more objective things I've read rather than the 'we are absolutely abysmal' stuff in some of the posts

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Sep 2017 13:43

If you still hate Futcher Whoever said we need to start quicker can't have been there as we had a number of breaks early on and their fans were expecting us to score at any time before Brentford took hold of the 1st half. After that we couldn't seem to handle their movement and just let runners go which is how they scored their goal.

100%. We started well but it was still a bit end to end. The thing is we had a few opportunities in that spell where really we should have capitalised on, at the very least worked the keeper more than we did. Got to take your chances whilst you can and it was only a combination of Brentford fcuking up that meant we got an undeserved point.

If we have genuine top 6 aspirations we can't base our game on fluking it until we get a chance (pen).

Had we scored any of the chances we had in the first half I suspect we would have gone on to comfortably win the game at a canter, but unless someone is there to actually score we're always going to put ourselves on the back foot.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Sep 2017 14:02

CountryRoyal
windermereROYAL Must have been watching a different game to me.

Brentford manager Dean Smith:
"Two of our boys have been tackled from behind and we get nothing.
"Three of their players were already on bookings and some of the tackles were just allowed to go on. All we are asking for is consistency. I didn't think the referee was very good today.
"We are talking about five big decisions and only one has been given and that can't be right at this level with professional officials.
"That was probably the most frustrated I've been because a lot of the decisions didn't go our way and I couldn't even have a conversation with the fourth official."

He has a point, in another game Edwards and or VDB could easily have seen a second yellow.

Would have been difficult for JVDB, given he didn't see the first! :wink:

Agree with you as to how the ref repeatedly let their players off with the same type of challenge, if not worse.

Amazed that some others on here are having a go at JVDB for his performance yesterday. I felt he was one of our best players, really motivated, combative but clean this time, and also produced some excellent attacking passes e.g. picking out Beerens on the right with an excellent flat, diagonal, arrow pass.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 17 Sep 2017 15:06

Yep, JVDB had a good game and was one of the few who weren't bullied and actually showed a surprising turn of pace. I think whoever thought he got booked got mixed up with McCleary (easy mistake to make!!!) who the ref wrongly booked in the 1st half.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 17 Sep 2017 15:44

windermereROYAL
LWJ
windermereROYAL

Don`t think so.

100% Moore fouled for the penalty. I was right at the front of the terrace in line with it so had a great view.

Thought we were pretty awful first half but better in the second. Ref was atrocious - should have been a penalty before for a clear handball and some of his cards were baffling, on both sides eventually to be fair but more for us. Also rather confused what the back pass rule is these days following Bentley picking it up off the toes of his defender unpunished.

Great trip home though - 4.58 train came in a little delayed right as I strolled into the station at 5.02 before the hoardes descended.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Sep 2017 16:36

The direct wording of the backpass rule is that the keeper cannot pick up a ball passed back to him, the rule also prevents players doing tricks to bypass the backpass rule such as flicking the ball up and heading it back.

If so I'm not sure where it would fall under the situation yesterday and I can total understand why the referee would have let it go unpunished.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Sep 2017 08:55

First half was dire. Half time to goal was decent enough. Goal to end of match was dire.

First time I've seen Reading this season and wasn't too impressed. Desperately need a striker or to play Aluko further up the pitch - his nice work on the ball would be much more damaging in the final 25m of the pitch rather than in his own half.

Kelly in an advanced position doesn't work for me, he's much better as a playmaker.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 18 Sep 2017 09:51

MC Grinder
bobby1413 http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-smoke-bomb-train-13632203.amp

Reading FC condemn the smoke bomb group and say it's not acceptable. Also urge people to contact BTP to help identify them

Absolute stupidity, especially given the Parsons Green incident.

Agreed

To quote a bellend on Twitter - "What does the Parsons Green attack have to do with this???!!!"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 18 Sep 2017 10:08

Went to the game, I can well and truly say we got away with one in the first half. The score could have been 3-0 Brentford at least at the end of the first 45. Masters of our own downfall would be a good way to describe it. Knowing what was the correct footwear for that pitch would have been a good start!

Mannone - Made some good stops and communication generally was quite good but he had a couple of dodgy moments. Especially when we have a small striker he needs to have the common sense to not punt it up expecting Aluko to win a header against a big 6ft + defender.

Gunter - As you'd expect, did ok but as usual he cannot cross into the box and is guilty of letting his man escape him at the back post too many times along with inviting their winger to go past him with ease.

Moore - Solid performance won everything in the air

Mcshane - Unusually very shaky, poor in possession and was guilty of setting up too many Brentford attacks at times. I wouldn't be surprised if Illori gets an opportunity soon.

Blackett - Felt sorry for him, had no help from his winger and took a lot of unfair flack, he dealt very well with everything that was thrown at him. Certainly much better than Obita when he came on.

JVDB - Admittedly I absolutely crucified him after the Bristol game but I thought he was the best player on the pitch along with Beerens. Won those 50/50s when it was needed and set up a lot of our attacks going forward. Also didn't get a booking so credit where its due.

Edwards - Did nothing spectacular but I can see why he was put in the team, kept things ticking along nicely at times.

Kelly - Not his best performance but good to see we have a confident penalty taker going forward. Hit some good set pieces.

Mccleary - Guilty of letting his man run past him for the goal but overall worked very hard. I would have liked to see him stretch Brentford more on the counter attack.

Aluko - Did ok but still yet to see the best of him. He went missing for large parts of the game and was quite wasteful in possession. Got back into it during a ten minute spell in the second half and linked up well with GMAC in bits.

JDB - Needs more time but I haven't seen anything to suggest he is the striker we needed. For someone of his size he should be winning more battles in the air and shoulder to shoulder.

Subs:

Beerens - He was everything that he isn't on Saturday, outlet for every attack, battled against their defenders and created chances from nothing. One of his better performances by far and I would start him next game. Usually very lightweight but he held his own and earned his place for the next game.

Bacuna - Drove forward with the ball very well and set up a lot of attacks towards the end

Obita - Wasteful in possession, not one of his better appearances but will improve with more games.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Sep 2017 10:13

bobby1413
MC Grinder
bobby1413 http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-smoke-bomb-train-13632203.amp

Agreed

To quote a bellend on Twitter - "What does the Parsons Green attack have to do with this???!!!"

Thanks to the internet we can now get regular insights into these people's small minds. Isn't that great progress?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Sep 2017 10:15

bobby1413
MC Grinder

Agreed

In fairness, it shouldn't. That's not detracting from the utter belmontry demonstrated by these kids, but events and crimes should be taken and viewed upon their own merit and not with a larger contextual view. By the logic that an offence which has familiarities or associations with recent events may be deemed worse because of the timing, then theoretically justifying things at the opposite end of a scale, whereby perhaps an incident is perceived less severe due to surrounding and contextual events. A crime is a crime and shouldn't be more punishable because of other, non related, incidents that have happened.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 18 Sep 2017 10:29

CountryRoyal
bobby1413
MC Grinder

Agreed

In fairness, it shouldn't. That's not detracting from the utter belmontry demonstrated by these kids, but events and crimes should be taken and viewed upon their own merit and not with a larger contextual view. By the logic that an offence which has familiarities or associations with recent events may be deemed worse because of the timing, then theoretically justifying things at the opposite end of a scale, whereby perhaps an incident is perceived less severe due to surrounding and contextual events. A crime is a crime and shouldn't be more punishable because of other, non related, incidents that have happened.

Disagree, if you're in an enclosed area and that is going off people with asthma etc are potentially going to suffer in a worst case scenario.

Also going back to Friday's incident what about the members of the innocent members of the public who had nothing to do with that game? Kids who would have looked at the smoke and started to fear the worst?

I agree the punishment shouldn't differ and shouldn't be more punishable because of last Friday but for those who say it has nothing to do with Parsons Green I disagree with strongly.