BFTG - Nottingham Forest

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Nottingham Forest

by Hound » 01 Nov 2017 11:21

Snowflake Royal but we've still got big weaknesses

in many ways I'm not sure we do (other than tactical and confidence wise). Our main weakness is the amount of players we have out injured.

Agree with the LB spot, but Gunter (who has played well last 2 games, and at Leeds) is doing a job there.

For the Wolves game, assuming no new injuries, we could be looking at:

Mannone
Bacuna Moore McShane Gunter
Joey Edwards
Swift
Barrow Yann Aluko

and any 7 from
Anssi, Blackett, Dadi, McCleary, Clement, Evans, Kelly, Beerens, Popa, ilori, Smith

Anything other than top half is a failure with that squad.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 01 Nov 2017 11:23

I particularly enjoyed the "we're winning at home, how shit must you be" chant from us in the first half.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 01 Nov 2017 11:28

Many thanks to all for your reports. All useful and interesting as usual.

The same cannot be said for Stam's ridiculous comments post-match:

On the result

"It’s not about being relieved. In the last two games that we’ve played we haven’t had the results we wanted but in the majority of the games [this season] we have played well in how I look at playing football.

No we haven’t!

"Quite a few times you don’t get the results that you want because of certain errors that we make ourselves like against Middlesbrough we played well but we didn’t get the result. A lot of people think you’re not playing well but that’s not the case.
No, we didn’t!

"Tonight we’ve done well, worked very hard again and scored the goals, that’s a compliment to the team that they still have the confidence in what we are doing and what we need to do to win games.
But we played a different style tonight??

"With us the confidence was always there and of course we’re very happy with the result."
ER, no, it isn’t!

On a bright start by Reading

"That’s what we’re always trying to do. Sometimes you can’t always have the shots in the first couple of minutes because the opposition is blocking it or makes intercepting passes.
Nonsense! Most games all we have are a couple of shots late in the 2nd half of games!

"Our intentions are always to go forward and to have as many shots on target as we can. You’re also playing against very good teams who are making it difficult for you."
Nonsense – see above

On the nature of the victory

"It always looks that you’re winning well when you score many goals. That makes it better and it looks like the performance is good as well.
Nonsense. We haven’t scored “many goals” in a game since Stam arrived. Last night was the first time this season in 14 league games that we scored more than 2! In 2 other matches we have managed 2 goals!

"But I need to be honest, the football against Middlesbrough [last Saturday] was even better but we didn’t win. If you win then people think you are playing better football, which is not the case in my opinion."
??????? The man is utterly deluded.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 Nov 2017 11:36

Amazing that people get their panties in a twist over 'manager-speak'. :lol:
Last edited by Denver Royal on 01 Nov 2017 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Nov 2017 11:38

strap Many thanks to all for your reports. All useful and interesting as usual.

On the result

"It’s not about being relieved. In the last two games that we’ve played we haven’t had the results we wanted but in the majority of the games [this season] we have played well in how I look at playing football.

No we haven’t!

"Quite a few times you don’t get the results that you want because of certain errors that we make ourselves like against Middlesbrough we played well but we didn’t get the result. A lot of people think you’re not playing well but that’s not the case.
No, we didn’t!

"Tonight we’ve done well, worked very hard again and scored the goals, that’s a compliment to the team that they still have the confidence in what we are doing and what we need to do to win games.

"With us the confidence was always there and of course we’re very happy with the result."
ER, no, it isn’t!

"That’s what we’re always trying to do. Sometimes you can’t always have the shots in the first couple of minutes because the opposition is blocking it or makes intercepting passes.
Nonsense! Most games all we have are a couple of shots late in the 2nd half of games!

"Our intentions are always to go forward and to have as many shots on target as we can. You’re also playing against very good teams who are making it difficult for you."
Nonsense – see above

"It always looks that you’re winning well when you score many goals. That makes it better and it looks like the performance is good as well.
Nonsense. We haven’t scored “many goals” in a game since Stam arrived. Last night was the first time this season in 14 league games that we scored more than 2! In 2 other matches we have managed 2 goals!

"But I need to be honest, the football against Middlesbrough [last Saturday] was even better but we didn’t win. If you win then people think you are playing better football, which is not the case in my opinion."

Hard to disagree with much of that, anybody that thinks we played well Saturday must be a visitor from the planet Zog that has no idea what it takes to win football matches. last night was light years away from that.
We are away Saturday so I would expect him to change the system. but next home game we need more of the same please.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 01 Nov 2017 11:38

strap Many thanks to all for your reports. All useful and interesting as usual.

On the result

No we haven’t!

No, we didn’t!

ER, no, it isn’t!

Nonsense – see above

I actually tend to agree with him on a lot of what he says, at some points this season they have implemented his style really well and lost. I actually don't think there was much in the change of style last night apart from the fact they played a lot wider with Aluko and Barrow.

Thought Forest looked very good as well remind me a lot of us last season. One other observation made was the water on Forests half of the pitch on the first half. I recall Stam mentioning in an interview that they would water the pitch on the oppositions side more if they knew they were going to pass the ball.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 01 Nov 2017 11:39

Come on, strap's got to have a go at Stam about something, otherwise he's just a man with a database

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2017 12:02

Hound

in many ways I'm not sure we do (other than tactical and confidence wise). Our main weakness is the amount of players we have out injured.

Agree with the LB spot, but Gunter (who has played well last 2 games, and at Leeds) is doing a job there.

Mannone
Joey Edwards
Swift
Barrow Yann Aluko

and any 7 from
Anssi, Blackett, Dadi, McCleary, Clement, Evans, Kelly, Beerens, Popa, ilori, Smith

Oh yes. The big weaknesses are largely injury and form / confidence.

We need a string of wins and we desperately need to start getting our noses in front first half again. Give them team something to work with and they're good.

But if they struggle to make the breakthrough, or go behind, they run out of ideas, belief and energy.

Don't forget, for all we played well, Forest could have had 3 or 4 but for blocks and saves.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Nov 2017 12:12

Snowflake Royal
Hound

Mannone
Joey Edwards
Swift
Barrow Yann Aluko

and any 7 from

Oh yes. The big weaknesses are largely injury and form / confidence.

We need a string of wins and we desperately need to start getting our noses in front first half again. Give them team something to work with and they're good.

But if they struggle to make the breakthrough, or go behind, they run out of ideas, belief and energy.

Don't forget, for all we played well, Forest could have had 3 or 4 but for blocks and saves.

Another team having chances? well who would have thought it? Forest have a very good scoring record this year,and it was easy to see why, they were always going to create, I think the best footballing side I have seen this season down here, its no surprise they had more possession than us,
seen a couple of the Manonne saves on TV and the only one that stands out is the point blank block from the header similar to the one he made at Sheff utd. two of the others the man on the line at them covered.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Nov 2017 12:13

HeinzGuderian
windermereROYAL
HeinzGuderian Forest fans the quietest all season in my opinion. Most sat down apart from a bunch by the barrier.

Had the usual we`ve got no history rubbish and the fact they won the European cup a million years ago.

They obviously have a go at Derby for the no history thing too, yet derby's fans are a lot louder and there are more of them.

Derby are one of the most consistently loud fan bases in the division.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 01 Nov 2017 12:19

Snowflake Royal Don't forget, for all we played well, Forest could have had 3 or 4 but for blocks and saves.

You mean but for the defenders and keeper doing their job?

KDRF

by KDRF » 01 Nov 2017 12:20

When you play a striker and a balanced midfield of a DM, a box to box/runner (Edwards) and a creative midfielder it seems to work. Funny that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2017 12:23

Silver Fox
Snowflake Royal Don't forget, for all we played well, Forest could have had 3 or 4 but for blocks and saves.

You mean the jobs they've been doing so well the rest of the season?

We've played as well or looked more comfortable this season and lost or drawn because we failed to stop, or gifted, chances.

We're not magically fine all of a sudden, lots of hard work to go to get back on it this season.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Nov 2017 12:31

RG7Fan I particularly enjoyed the "we're winning at home, how shit must you be" chant from us in the first half.

Absolutely detest it, embarrassing, cringey, but hey each to their own.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Nov 2017 12:33

Snowflake Royal
Hound

Are you also factoring in the chances we created first half and the 3 or 4 excellent saves by their keeper?

7:3 scoreline perhaps?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Nov 2017 12:35

Snowflake Royal
Silver Fox

We've played as well or looked more comfortable this season and lost or drawn because we failed to stop, or gifted, chances.

We're not magically fine all of a sudden, lots of hard work to go to get back on it this season.

Just enjoy the result ya mardy get

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2017 12:51

genome
Snowflake Royal
Silver Fox

Just enjoy the result ya mardy get

I am thoroughly.

And I won't be the one tossing toys if the next couple are defeats.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 01 Nov 2017 13:09

From Sky highlights great counter-attacking goals. Roll on less than 50% possession in every game.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Nov 2017 13:48

Football is funny isn't it. We were in terrible form going into yesterday's game, now we've got 2 wins in 4.

It's kind of annoying we've found ourselves away from home next against one of the form sides in the league - could've done with another home game to back this result up.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Nov 2017 13:50

genome Football is funny isn't it. We were in terrible form going into yesterday's game, now we've got 2 wins in 4.

It's kind of annoying we've found ourselves away from home next against one of the form sides in the league - could've done with another home game to back this result up.

Indeed. Derby pretty much the last game I'd choose at the moment

Said on another thread, if we'd beaten Boro, we'd have been 5 points off the POs with a game in hand. Pretty incredible considering how sh!t we've generally been