BFTG - Wolves

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: BFTG - Wolves

by Platypuss » 18 Nov 2017 18:23

windermereROYAL
Royal_jimmy Did anyone else see Beerens throw his jacket at the bench after he was subbed?

Bet he missed.

Did it beat the first man?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Nov 2017 18:27

Royal_jimmy Did anyone else see Beerens throw his jacket at the bench after he was subbed?

The way this guys plays makes it even more mistifying why Popa is frozen out.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 18 Nov 2017 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 18 Nov 2017 18:29

What is very concerning is the amount of times we have conceded in the opening 20 minutes, especially at home. Once this happens teams will always sit back and we find it very difficult to break them down.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Nov 2017 18:37

gdroyal What is very concerning is the amount of times we have conceded in the opening 20 minutes, especially at home. Once this happens teams will always sit back and we find it very difficult to break them down.

Still waiting for our first home clean sheet this season. concerning that we need to score at least 2 every game to win ,

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Nov 2017 18:41

Yeah agree the lack of home clean sheets is a major issue

I’ve got to be honest, think McShane is passed it. He takes too many unnecessary risks to win the ball and ends up quite often the wrong side of the attacker to simple balls over the top

Interesting to see Stam haul off Ilori today for playing shit though. Seems McShane is still plan A for a while yet

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Nov 2017 18:42

I thought we played OK. Not great.
Wolves looked professional. Just shows what buying some pacy strikers and then playing to their strengths can do.

Our finishing was poor, there were far too many heavy touches (Bacuna, Swift) and the defensive problems are still costing us.

Great to see Kermogant back - especially at corners. He headed about 4 in a row out.

But Beerens - Stam after the game said he's in the team for his work rate. ???

He has no pace, bottles challenges and his passing was all over the place today. A passenger.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Nov 2017 18:54

OK, Ill say it as I saw it.......
Stam lost us the game today. First half was pretty much a step backwards.....Yes, yes Swift nearly scored in the first minute..... We nearly got a lucky richocet etc......but we wernt that good.
Why were Edwards and Aluko dropped......why was Gunter at left back when there were 2
left backs on the bench. Why was The Kerm taken off and not replaced by Bod.....why did we play 10 minutes without another front man....
Basically why f+ck up a winning formula as he did so spectacularly today.
To me we could have beaten Wolves today, their defence looked like an accident waiting to happen when playing the ball out.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Nov 2017 19:01

Ascotexgunner OK, Ill say it as I saw it.......
Stam lost us the game today. First half was pretty much a step backwards.....Yes, yes Swift nearly scored in the first minute..... We nearly got a lucky richocet etc......but we wernt that good.
Why were Edwards and Aluko dropped......why was Gunter at left back when there were 2
left backs on the bench. Why was The Kerm taken off and not replaced by Bod.....why did we play 10 minutes without another front man....
Basically why f+ck up a winning formula as he did so spectacularly today.
To me we could have beaten Wolves today, their defence looked like an accident waiting to happen when playing the ball out. It hard

Exactly how everybody else saw it too, except the Dutch gentleman . changed it after the great Leeds win, and did the same today.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 18 Nov 2017 19:02

Dick Habbin's hairdo Aluko's rebound could have gone anywhere

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Nov 2017 19:10

Take a bow Mr Mark Snelham on twitter
I was there and can’t remember us having a chance to score 1. Stam has lost it and should do the honourable thing and go. He is embarrassing himself now. Dutch football yesterday’s game

that is embarrassing. :shock:

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 18 Nov 2017 19:27

Enjoyed that game tbf, but it hasn't raised my opinion of Stam at all.

Why the change from the last couple of games? And Beerens is just painfully lightweight and should never have been playing in such a fast and physical match. The man is a fukking pansy.

Bacuna just had very weird off day and should been subbed.

Can't fault the rest too much. On another day we'd have had a couple

.....oh and just how bad was the lino at keeping up with play? :shock:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Nov 2017 19:53

I don’t think Stam did too much wrong tbf

Beerens I agree shouldn’t have played. But we’re not sure How fit Aluko and Bod actually are, and Yann has himself said he isn’t ready for 90 mins. Last thing we need at the moment is for Yann or Bod to do too much too soon

4 games in ten days...there are going to be changes and on the face of it some may look weird or tinkering for the sake of it, but may be due to niggles or trying to keep players fresh

We are definitely pressing much higher up the pitch since Forest, which I’m a big fan of

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Nov 2017 19:55

Another day the result would have been different. The summer signings finally seem to be settling in and gelling as a unit. Swift is regaining his form. Ok made some bad decisions today, but showed a terrific work rate. Finally showed why as a youngster he was compared to Lampard as being a box to box midfielder. With a full squad the competition for places will keep everyone on their toes.

The Wolves no 29 Ruben Vinagre caught my eye. Playing as a left full\wing back he was exceptional. Gave Bacuna a torrid time. Even when Gunter switched to the right. Did no better. Only 18 and on loan from Monaco. Real class.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 18 Nov 2017 19:56

Dick Habbin's hairdo Swift MotM. Smart, intelligent, hardworking.

I have to disagree. He was partially at fault for both goals.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Nov 2017 20:00

Swift was pathetic today. Kept giving the ball away in good areas

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Nov 2017 20:11

It's always fun to come on here after a defeat and see all the bed wetters telling us we're doomed.

It was a solid performance, we created a handful of very good opportunities but let ourselves down on their two goals. The first the whole defence can be accused of ball watching and the second, it should not have been that easy for the Wolves players to waltz through.

If we keep playing like we have the last few games we will shoot up the table, the early damage might already be done for a play-off place but I still hold outside hope.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 18 Nov 2017 20:11

Thought swift was ok tbh

Head and shoulders above Beerens and Bacuna

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 18 Nov 2017 21:10

Dick Habbin's hairdo Well, that was interesting. Really should have had a point against a very good Wolves.

Swift's effort in the first few minutes, Aluko's rebound could have gone anywhere, and what looked like a blatant penalty for a push on Yann when he got a yard goalside on a good, pacey cross. Both linos were especially inept. And all those shots in a ten minute spell in the second half - and even three queuing up for a shot from 7 yards and not one of them taking the responsibility,

Beerens really shouldn't be in the squad let alone a starting fixture. His 'runs' were comical, closing space and channels all the time as opposed to pulling a defender with him. Tackling, heading non existent or lightweight at best. Use of the ball..... he really is shite,

Think Stam pulled Ilori off to save him any further embarrassment. Not a good 30 minutes.

Bacuna out of position and lost in the first half. Much improved in second.

Swift MotM. Smart, intelligent, hardworking.

Decent effort all round and not far off where we need to be. Think Stam just needs to stop fiddling around too much and stop over thinking it.

I think your "not one of them taking the responsibility" hits the nail on the head.
We are like it at the back and up front when chances arise.
In midfield Swift tries to take responsibility and it often doesn't come off but at least he tries.

Too many of the others pass the buck-just look how the big defender for Wolves took responsibility and when Beerens ducked out of a challenge within the first few minutes with him the writing was on the wall.

Interesting that Stam was happy enough to take Ilori off when he was a bit off the pace but he rarely does so with his Dutch buddies who so often should not be starting let alone subbed..
Stam's comments about Beerens after the game were surprising-what does he see that we don't?

I watched the Bolton game last night and with Pratley and Karl Henry in midfield and Wheater and Beevers at the back we will need to be a bit braver than we so often aren't.

jonn60

by jonn60 » 18 Nov 2017 22:07

OT I know. Was in GU1 today. I'm a Wolves man and was with my son and missus who supports Reading. Anyway, we had this one idiot sat nearby who took it upon himself to come the` hard man. Think he thought we were all Wolves..not that that's any excuse to get intimidating. We even moved at HT, but he was still around, kept walking by us going out the exit then coming back in giving it some! Towards the end though, I gave a bit back and he went to the stewards and tried but failed to get us ejected. My missus is more upset at this than Reading losing!
We live pretty much local to Reading. PM me if it was you!

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Nov 2017 22:22

tidus_mi2 It's always fun to come on here after a defeat and see all the bed wetters telling us we're doomed.

It was a solid performance, we created a handful of very good opportunities but let ourselves down on their two goals. The first the whole defence can be accused of ball watching and the second, it should not have been that easy for the Wolves players to waltz through.

If we keep playing like we have the last few games we will shoot up the table, the early damage might already be done for a play-off place but I still hold outside hope.

....literally no one has said that. DId you even read the thread?