BFT £&*@!! - Burton

129 posts
Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFT £&*@!! - Burton

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 23 Dec 2017 17:53

Abject, toothless, heartless. Absolutely one of the worst performances I have seen in c 1,000 watching RFC. Just terrible.

No movement. No passion. No fight. No idea. Did I say no movement?

Swift and Bod sparked things up a tad but the rest of them, possibly with the exception of Moore, are simply criminals if they are picking up their wages after that.

Time for Stam to go.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 23 Dec 2017 17:56

Just got home having left 10 mins early - NEVER done that before

UTTERLY PATHETIC !!

Stam out - and he can take JVDB with him :evil:

alfie9

by alfie9 » 23 Dec 2017 17:57

Just seen the goals, glad I slept through this one :lol: :lol: :lol:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 23 Dec 2017 17:58

A right back on the left wing.
A player that wants to play CM on the right wing.
Two wingers in the middle, supporting a striker who's only in the team due to his ability to defend corners.
A 5ft technical CM stood in his own half filling in for the marauding CB who's charging forward attempting to thread through balls.
A player stood in the middle of the pitch doing oxf*rd all, until he decides to get involved and do something oxf*rd awful yet again. Only reason he's on the pitch is because he shares an agent & nationality with his manager.

An absolute f-ing shambles....

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 23 Dec 2017 18:00

As I told Ady on BBC Berkshire during the post match reaction, we need to have a little patience as Rome really wasn’t built in a day.

We’ve had 7/8 manager stints in the past 7 years and it’s got us absolutely bloody nowhere.

Stam is playing a style of football that is closest to emulating that of a team with genuine European pedigree. Hoof ball doesn’t belong in Europe, and alas sticking Pulis in the managers seat won’t gain us any long term success at all.

If you disagree, just p off.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 23 Dec 2017 18:01

I'm guessing they'd all been out on the piss for their Christmas party last night, otherwise it was the inevitable of the team doing their utmost to extinguish any hope of a revival or get any enthusiasm going for the fans.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 23 Dec 2017 18:06

McDermolenko As I told Ady on BBC Berkshire during the post match reaction, we need to have a little patience as Rome really wasn’t built in a day.

We’ve had 7/8 manager stints in the past 7 years and it’s got us absolutely bloody nowhere.

Stam is playing a style of football that is closest to emulating that of a team with genuine European pedigree. Hoof ball doesn’t belong in Europe, and alas sticking Pulis in the managers seat won’t gain us any long term success at all.

Why the oxf*rd are you going on about Europe...
Deluded.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Dec 2017 18:08

Well I’m baffled. WTAF was that?

We seemed to have turned a corner starting to play quick incisive passing and movement and then we go back to square one.

There was nothing positive to say about that except it’s over and I can have a drink

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Dec 2017 18:10

Piss off Jaap.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Dec 2017 18:12

alfie9 Just seen the goals, glad I slept through this one :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was tempted to leave work 30 mins early to watch it. Decided we'd be shit so didn't bother. No oxf*rd regrets.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Dec 2017 18:13

Can't imagine this will enamour the players...

Stam: “The players always make the choices out on the pitch. We can only hand them a plan, a strategy. When they get out on the pitch, the players need to do it.”

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 23 Dec 2017 18:14

I had a ticket but nearly did not go. Sadly I changed my mind and went - although I left after the second goal which is not something I have done before. Effectively that is season over. The only aim left is to avoid relegation as the gap is now too big to the play offs. We would need the best part of 50 points second half and I just don't see that.

I would say sack Stam but I just don't see any manager available that is an obvious fit right now and I also recall how awful Bristol City were last season with manager Johnson getting death threats and look where they are now.

The annoying thing is that we had a couple of promising performances but now seem to have gone right back to boring horrible football. Listened to Stam after the game and he sounded just as frustrated as we are. The question is can he turn it round?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Dec 2017 18:21

Too many inconsistent light weight performers in this squad.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 23 Dec 2017 18:22

Well that was a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Can’t be bothered to repeat what everyone has (correctly) said so far......so I’ll just say Yann looks shot after his injury and should no longer lead the line alone and Aluko is a winger. He is no use in CM. Oh well, we move on!

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 23 Dec 2017 18:24

genome Can't imagine this will enamour the players...

Stam: “The players always make the choices out on the pitch. We can only hand them a plan, a strategy. When they get out on the pitch, the players need to do it.”

I think it needs saying. They are the ones on the pitch with the ball at their feet - and being paid very handsomely for doing so ...

Berry

by Berry » 23 Dec 2017 18:25

Can the club afford to sack Stam? Only the CEO and owners will know that...It will all come down to gate receipts v severance pay in the end

Schmeichel the dog

by Schmeichel the dog » 23 Dec 2017 18:37

Liam Moore's reaction at the end was interesting. Looks like he could be off and who could blame him after that shambles.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 23 Dec 2017 18:44

McDermolenko As I told Ady on BBC Berkshire during the post match reaction, we need to have a little patience as Rome really wasn’t built in a day.

What have you been smoking?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Dec 2017 18:45

Schmeichel the dog Liam Moore's reaction at the end was interesting. Looks like he could be off and who could blame him after that shambles.

Hasn't been faultless this season. The fact he stands out. Tells you much about some of the others.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 23 Dec 2017 18:46

RG7Fan
John Madejski's Wallet Stam just needs to bugger off now

Disagree with that - this is a fairly stable line up. If professional players who earn several thousand pounds a week and who play regularly together cant string proper passes together, tackle the opposition, etc. then that's their fault, not Stams.

Really?

Huh, and here's me thinking a manager is supposed to get a team playing

129 posts