MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (a) sponsored by a neat finish from Paul Holsgrove

191 posts
Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (a) sponsored by a neat finish from Paul Holsgrove

by Longhorn1970 » 10 Feb 2018 20:33

tidus_mi2
Longhorn1970
tidus_mi2 It could have been a Norwich away even though Boro only had 3 shots on target? People are acting like Boro dominated the game, they were better than us, no question but they didn't outright dominate the game.

Matters not they won we didn't ..

Cool, let's not analyse any games ever then.

I'm happy to argue the toss, that dominating possession, passing backwards and sideways, having more shots than the oppo does not mean we will get anything out of a game ...

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (a) sponsored by a neat finish from Paul Holsgrove

by CountryRoyal » 10 Feb 2018 20:35

I'm not sure what is worse, the fact that I think Stam isn't going anywhere and we're going to relegated, or that I'm almost resigned to it and not even that bothered anymore. :|

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 10 Feb 2018 20:39

CountryRoyal I'm not sure what is worse, the fact that I think Stam isn't going anywhere and we're going to relegated, or that I'm almost resigned to it and not even that bothered anymore. :|

We won't be relegated, fortunately there are a few worse than us

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 10 Feb 2018 20:55

Longhorn1970
CountryRoyal I'm not sure what is worse, the fact that I think Stam isn't going anywhere and we're going to relegated, or that I'm almost resigned to it and not even that bothered anymore. :|

There is always a team that falls from the middle of the table and end up going down, and they always seem to say:

"We won't be relegated, fortunately there are a few worse than us" we are domed lol :shock:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Feb 2018 20:56

I’ll be seriously worried if we don’t beat a poor and out of form Forest next week

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 10 Feb 2018 20:57

Longhorn1970

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Feb 2018 21:05

Longhorn1970

What a load of tripe. Two of the teams that are "worse than us" are picking up points. We aren't. Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 10 Feb 2018 21:12

Old Man Andrews
Longhorn1970

What a load of tripe. Two of the teams that are "worse than us" are picking up points. We aren't. Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

That is not to be misinterpreted that I enjoy the utter garb served up by Jaap but I cannot see those below us sustaining any sort of run to get out the drop zone

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Feb 2018 21:16

Longhorn1970
Old Man Andrews
Longhorn1970

That is not to be misinterpreted that I enjoy the utter garb served up by Jaap but I cannot see those below us sustaining any sort of run to get out the drop zone

It's only four points and I really cannot see where we are getting a win from any time soon, not under Jaap anyway. The manner of the comeback that Sunderland had earlier will boost them and Hull had a great win that will only help them. We don't even look like drawing games at the moment.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Feb 2018 21:18

Bolton and Brum are picking up plenty of points

I think Burton and Barnsley are probably dropping. That third place is very much up for grabs

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 10 Feb 2018 22:26

genome
Oilroyal
genome
What do you suggest then?

Odd that you should seek my steer on things now. After all you’ve consistently dismissed my opinion ALL SEASON from QPR away (August 2017) to Middlesbrough (Feb 2018).

Not sure we need flakes like you TBH

Was a genuine question, actually.

Let's not do this again. Not sure I can take another conversation of you dodging my questions

Whatever I say you’ll disagree with by either using a silly giff or posting a smug teenage throughway comment.. so maybe you’re right let’s not do this again.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 10 Feb 2018 22:28

Oilroyal
genome
Oilroyal
Odd that you should seek my steer on things now. After all you’ve consistently dismissed my opinion ALL SEASON from QPR away (August 2017) to Middlesbrough (Feb 2018).

Not sure we need flakes like you TBH

Was a genuine question, actually.

Let's not do this again. Not sure I can take another conversation of you dodging my questions

Whatever I say you’ll disagree with by either using a silly giff or posting a smug teenage throughway comment.. so maybe you’re right let’s not do this again.

let's just agree I was right all along :D

JR

by JR » 10 Feb 2018 22:34

double d If bolton and brum win game in hand we are as good as down.

Do you actually believe what you post?!

You don't think it's that some of our 15 remaining opportunities to pick up points might be relevant in where we finish?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Feb 2018 23:16

Crowbar6753
Longhorn1970

There is always a team that falls from the middle of the table and end up going down, and they always seem to say:

"We won't be relegated, fortunately there are a few worse than us" we are domed lol :shock:

This. This. This.

We’re in the running for being that team this year.

Twats like John Smith can say what they want but 4 points is one win and a draw away. And we’re not getting many points.

Bolton are 2 points behind us ffs.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 11 Feb 2018 08:17

Hound Bolton and Brum are picking up plenty of points

I think Burton and Barnsley are probably dropping. That third place is very much up for grabs

^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Feb 2018 08:33

Birmingham, Bolton (twice), Burton and Sunderland all play before we next play. We could potentially be 20th and closer points wise to the bottom two before we even play against Forest, then there’s the small task of playing 1st, 2nd and 8th in the following 3. Yikes

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 11 Feb 2018 19:16

One thing I don't like so far in this system is we don't jump out and get on top of teams early. We generally don't score many early goals. Its been that way for some time and hasn't been fixed. Would love a goal in the first 5 mins. Other teams do it, we don't.

That said, yesterday I'd have taken 0-0 at HT when you are playing away, long trip, etc. You can win away games with that strategy, don't concede early, etc. But, I can't say it was a surprise we hadn't scored yet.

The longer the game goes without us scoring, its like we are waiting for ourselves to then leak one from a mistake (which Stam keeps grumbling about). We've only had one or two clean sheets all season(?), so chances of a 0-0 are fairly remote. Heck, lets win a game 4-2 and so if we make a mistake its not a disaster.

Bod doesn't really do it for me against Champ defenders at this point in his career, esp as a lone striker. I'm not a huge fan of playing a lone striker anyway (esp with one of our strikers) because it typically hasn't meant clean sheets for us at the back anyway. I'm not saying its all Bod's fault, and I think he tries and he could develop, but when he is up against someone like Gibson yesterday I'm not exactly over-confident. We've placed a lot of reliance on Bod this season, but he really doesn't have the resume to back it up. It takes a leap of faith to play him as a lone striker in a game like that, I think. I'd start Martin next game.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Feb 2018 23:05

Hound Bolton and Brum are picking up plenty of points

Barnsley's next four games are all against relegation contenders

Either they are gonna be doomed, or the other four will be hurt

Either way it's VG for Reading FC

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Feb 2018 23:06

genome Birmingham, Bolton (twice), Burton and Sunderland all play before we next play. We could potentially be 20th and closer points wise to the bottom two before we even play against Forest, then there’s the small task of playing 1st, 2nd and 8th in the following 3. Yikes

a loss at Forest doesn't bear thinking about!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Feb 2018 11:06

Snowball a loss at Forest doesn't bear thinking about!

A loss at Forest wouldn't be an issue.

Sutekh .

When can we expect the Forest match thread please?

191 posts