Stam is doing this deliberately.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Stam is doing this deliberately.

by Longhorn1970 » 11 Feb 2018 20:31

Zip A lot of Championship teams have suffered injury problems. We are no different. It’s an excuse for what has been a woeful season. The stupidity in the summer transfer window played a major part in our dire form. To go into the new season with just one fit senior striker was inexcusable especially as that forward had a goal scoring record at Wolves that made Simon Church look like Messi.

Stam and Tevreden have spunked multi millions on players. They should both go.

Did we pay a fee for Aluko ? :|

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Feb 2018 20:37

Aluko is not a striker.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 11 Feb 2018 20:41

Zip Aluko is not a striker.

I was going off topic ! Thinking about poor business in the transfer market ..

double d

by double d » 11 Feb 2018 20:42

genome
Snowflake Royal Do grow up and get a brain.

Wah wah wah. Things are going badly wah wah wah it must be a conspiracy.

How old are you? Three? FFS.

It’s embarrassing, isn’t it?

It’s amazing how being in terrible form really does expose some dribbling morons.

Now get back into your dens, the both of you

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 11 Feb 2018 20:46

Snowball I'm as unhappy as the next bloke but sometimes things just don't work

Look at Sheffield Wednesday, great last season, poor this (one place above us)

so they sack the manager who has worked miracles at Swansea

We sack Brendan Rogers and then he comes to within a whisker of winning the Premier League with Liverpool. If we sack Stam, we’ll no doubt see him leading a team out in the Champions League final within a season or two. Football doesn’t make sense and never will.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Feb 2018 22:58

Zip Aluko is not a striker.

Aluko is a very good player

But he said in his first interview that the way he plays is to take risks

that seems to have been (temporarily) cached out of him

result, people say he's crap.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Feb 2018 22:59

ALUKO

How many thought (and said) wow, we have got a good player, when he arrived?

How many here said he was junk?

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 12 Feb 2018 10:47

Snowflake Royal Do grow up and get a brain.

Wah wah wah. Things are going badly wah wah wah it must be a conspiracy.

One is never alone with paranoid schizophrenia - and I should know! :wink:

jar95

by jar95 » 12 Feb 2018 11:00

I believe Stam will go on to be a good manager, who plays attractive winning football. Just not with Reading. I have no problem with him using us a stepping stone either (95% of managers do this, the like of Jose, Wenger Guardioloa etc all had to start somewhere). I also believe Stam will learn from this, and become a better manager built from this experience, it is just a shame we are his guinea pigs.

What i do have a problem is the naivety and arrogance from Stam. Learn to play football a way that suits the players not how you want to, or at least change once it doesnt work. Stam has no connection with the fans, and vica versa.

I want Stam to do well, and I'd quite happily look like an idiot if results turn around, but for me, he has to go.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Feb 2018 11:05

jar95 I believe Stam will go on to be a good manager, who plays attractive winning football. Just not with Reading. I have no problem with him using us a stepping stone either (95% of managers do this, the like of Jose, Wenger Guardioloa etc all had to start somewhere). I also believe Stam will learn from this, and become a better manager built from this experience, it is just a shame we are his guinea pigs.

What i do have a problem is the naivety and arrogance from Stam. Learn to play football a way that suits the players not how you want to, or at least change once it doesnt work. Stam has no connection with the fans, and vica versa.

I want Stam to do well, and I'd quite happily look like an idiot if results turn around, but for me, he has to go.

I expect Stam will leave here, go back to Holland, and embark on a fully successful career. He'll take a bit of time, learn from his mistakes and be able to take a step back and work out where he went wrong.

He's probably also got enough credit in the bank from last year to get a half decent job

jar95

by jar95 » 12 Feb 2018 11:25

Hound
jar95 I believe Stam will go on to be a good manager, who plays attractive winning football. Just not with Reading. I have no problem with him using us a stepping stone either (95% of managers do this, the like of Jose, Wenger Guardioloa etc all had to start somewhere). I also believe Stam will learn from this, and become a better manager built from this experience, it is just a shame we are his guinea pigs.

I expect Stam will leave here, go back to Holland, and embark on a fully successful career. He'll take a bit of time, learn from his mistakes and be able to take a step back and work out where he went wrong.

He's probably also got enough credit in the bank from last year to get a half decent job

Agree - however if he was to get sacked from us, puts a lot of pressure on his next job.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Feb 2018 12:43

Snowball ALUKO

How many thought (and said) wow, we have got a good player, when he arrived?

How many here said he was junk?
well That's a poor argument seeing as the consensus I remember was WTF are we signing a winger well known for a lack of end product for three tomes our transfer record when we actually need a striker.

He was thoroughly underwhelming as a signing.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Feb 2018 16:42

CountryRoyal
Forest Gump It’s obvious: Stam does not give a toss about Reading Football Club.

He never has tbf.
But he cares about his own reputation and income (both current and future), both of which would be adversely affected by the results/inability to turn things around

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 12 Feb 2018 18:16

childish and pathetic to start accusing Stam of ding this on purpose. He is obviously a very stubborn bloke but clearly wants to win every game as every game he loses affects HIS record too