Back from the ****

204 posts
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the ****

by Reading4eva » 28 Apr 2018 23:45

Burton will survive, Barnsley will survive. It will be between us and Birmingham. Do us a favour Piazon

biff

by biff » 28 Apr 2018 23:55

Imagine expecting bottle from a team with Gunter as captain.

That was a joke from front to back. Next week is scary.

Roes

by Roes » 28 Apr 2018 23:58

Come on guys. It isn't over yet.

Yes, it isn't looking good, and your last match you have to play a top team, but your competition has the same issue.

Even though Bolton can still jump over you guys in theory, I'm not gonna include them because their goal difference is -36 and yours is -22.It will be 2 spectacular matches to make up for that difference.

Burton is playing out to Preston (the number 7), who can still jump to a Play off place for promotion. Preston must still give it all. Because what if Derby screws up? It would be a bitter pill for them.

Barnsley is also playing out, in Derby (the number 6). They have to give it them all, because they can still lose their place in the promotion Play offs to Preston.

Burmingham is playing a home match against Fulham (the number 3), who can still jump over Cardiff City to the 2nd place and direct promotion.

And you guys play in Cardiff City (the number 2), who still has to go all out, because they can lose their 2nd place to Fulham.

So, I'm afraid you guys will not do it by yourself the last matchday (although I'm always open for a stunt ;) ), but it isn't impossible. For you guys to relegate, you have to lose, and Burton and Barnsley have to win, and Burningham has to at least draw. If one of them loses (or draw in the case of Burton and Barnsley), you guys stay in the Championship.

So come on!! It's not over yet!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Apr 2018 23:58

Reading4eva Burton will survive, Barnsley will survive. It will be between us and Birmingham. Do us a favour Piazon

I would imagine Fulham and their fans will be resigned to their fate when they see who Cardiff are playing next week. would they want to put a full shift in when they know we are certainties to lose?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Apr 2018 00:06

windermereROYAL
Reading4eva Burton will survive, Barnsley will survive. It will be between us and Birmingham. Do us a favour Piazon

I would imagine Fulham and their fans will be resigned to their fate when they see who Cardiff are playing next week. would they want to put a full shift in when they know we are certainties to lose?

What's worse is Colin could have the last laugh at the club whose been a constant nemesis for him all his career. Thanks to our shower of sh!t for setting up this terrible scenario

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Apr 2018 00:09

I’m sure ‘Colin’ couldn’t give a flying f11ck about the implications of the result in regards to Reading right now.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Apr 2018 00:14

I think people assume Colin cares about Reading far more than he actually does.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 29 Apr 2018 00:14

The players deserved everything they got today and more. Totally unprofessional. They have let us down week after week and eventually they will lose the fans backing. Ipswich looked like the team that needed something just like last week at Sheffield weds. This arrogance amongst our players could come back to bite them. I want us to stay up but part of me want a us to go down because the players deserve it.

Two decent managers have now also said that the players are not doing what was discussed. The current situation is down to this group of overpaid, over rated wasters.

If we survive, I hope we can keep the 3 or 4 players who deserve to stay.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 29 Apr 2018 00:16

windermereROYAL

Imagine they don't field a decent team or try to win - and then we get a draw.

They have to go 100%.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Apr 2018 00:19

Reading4eva
windermereROYAL

What's worse is Colin could have the last laugh at the club whose been a constant nemesis for him all his career. Thanks to our shower of sh!t for setting up this terrible scenario

I may be wrong here but j think big Sam has the worst record against us (out of managers who have faced us more than twice)

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Apr 2018 00:20

Basingstoke Royal The players deserved everything they got today and more. Totally unprofessional. They have let us down week after week and eventually they will lose the fans backing. Ipswich looked like the team that needed something just like last week at Sheffield weds. This arrogance amongst our players could come back to bite them. I want us to stay up but part of me want a us to go down because the players deserve it.

Two decent managers have now also said that the players are not doing what was discussed. The current situation is down to this group of overpaid, over rated wasters.

Birmingham will go down. Firstly who they are playing, secondly they are pretty dire themselves. We will get beat but stay up thanks to Birmingham.

I expect Burton to stay up as I do Barnsley. They both have fight, will give there all. Out of interest who have they both got?

Told you all Bolton would drop. No one believed me...

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 Apr 2018 00:22

It's hard to argue "small margins" after watching a 0-4 defeat
and yet, that's what it is really about.

Again we missed chances (which needn't be the end of the world)
but BECAUSE we missed chances, when they scored we were behind
(as opposed to, say, back to 3-1)

IMO that one goal was offside, one goal was a freak, and we fell
apart (because we have no leaders, no belief, no mental strength
no aggression) and suddenly we are down 0-4

Was it last week that Ipswich LOST 0-4 at home?

Had this been 1-1 (it could easily have been), had this been 2-2
(it could easily have been), had this been 3-3 (it could easily have been)
we would now be saying, "We did enough, crept over the line" etc
and would be "safe" and beginning to talk about who would leave etc

Individually, almost every one of our players could do well in another Championship side.
A couple of years ago Barrow was ripping Man City a new one (as one example)

What's wrong is the team's imbalances, the lack of a really lethal striker, and, let's be
honest, drastic, dramatic changes of style that have "done in" the heads of most of the team

The hang-on-to-the-ball until the other side surrenders is awful, was awful, and became easy to counter.

Finishing third last year was A FREAK. That's obvious when you look at our horrible defeats like 7-1
and 5-0 etc etc. The 3rd was a high blip, but the last few seasons have been dire as a block
19th-17th (3rd) and this year going into the last game possibly ending up a point short and finishing
22nd.

We have had dodgy Russians, Thais only interested in the land, now mysterious, invisible Chinese owners.

We've had a tough, simplistic, soak up pressure, win on the break long-ball McDermott, Mr Big Watch, Mr Fake Tan,
Clarke, and a brilliant defender who couldn't teach defending, and now Clement, who is another manager not renowned for
having entertaining attacking sides.

Meanwhile we started signing dodgy players, over-priced or over-the-hill, or bad attitudes, or Stam's mates.

Royston Drenthe, Piazon, Hurtado, Fernandez, Ola John, Sa, Pogrebnyak, Wayne Bridge,
and as for Vydra, Grabban, Sharp, how come we made them cr@p and yet they are all high up
in the top-scorers charts this year with Vydra and Grabban 1-2?

Think of Reading as if you might think of, say Sunderland = "a club in a mess", there's "something wrong"
too many managers, too may owners, two many punts, too many desperate, often expensive buys

Only last year's freaky "false 3rd" is in there to suggest there ISN'T a really deep problem in the club

A side that finishes 17th and 19th and somewhere between 18th and 22nd this year is a perfect example
of a club in long-term trouble, structurally wrong, or with hidden money troubles, (or whatever)

Take out the bizarre 3rd and we would be 19th, 17th, 18th (at the absolute best) but this year, even if we escape
relegation in 18th place, we are FAR worse. If we stay up, unless the fundamentals are dealt with, even 15th/16th
will be a challenge next season, and we could easily collapse into (and stay in) the bottom three.

I miss the Coppell days, the McDermott days. I didn't mind the "unsophisticated" high-tempo stuff.

I miss the thundering challenges, the players who would run through a brick wall for the team.

I go to games now and am BORED, expecting few half-chances, the inevitable cock-up, but the saddest part
is that feeling that too many of the eleven on the pitch, really look like they don't give a toss.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 Apr 2018 00:25

Reading4eva
Basingstoke Royal The players deserved everything they got today and more. Totally unprofessional. They have let us down week after week and eventually they will lose the fans backing. Ipswich looked like the team that needed something just like last week at Sheffield weds. This arrogance amongst our players could come back to bite them. I want us to stay up but part of me want a us to go down because the players deserve it.

Birmingham will go down. Firstly who they are playing, secondly they are pretty dire themselves. We will get beat but stay up thanks to Birmingham.

I expect Burton to stay up as I do Barnsley. They both have fight, will give there all. Out of interest who have they both got?

Bolton (home to Forest) could EASILY stay up

if they win their last game and either Barnsley (at Derby) or Burton (at Preston) fail to win.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Apr 2018 00:27

Reading4eva

Quite a bold statement considering you don`t know who they are playing.
Barnsley are away to a Derby side sitting in the last play-off spot on 72 points, while Burton are away to Preston sitting 1 place and 2 points behind them, no chance of either of those 2 sides downing tools.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Apr 2018 00:28

Sacking McDermott the first time was a mistake. Sacking him the second time was also a mistake

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Apr 2018 00:30

Reading4eva Sacking McDermott the first time was a mistake. Sacking him the second time was also a mistake

You trolling?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 Apr 2018 00:31

NewCorkSeth
Reading4eva Sacking McDermott the first time was a mistake. Sacking him the second time was also a mistake

You trolling?

I agree with him

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Apr 2018 00:32

NewCorkSeth

You trolling?

No. Don't p!ss me off tonight with some stupid wit. Leave it till 3pm on Sunday IF this football club is safe.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 29 Apr 2018 00:34

Zip
AthleticoSpizz 0-6, 1-6 in the past 20 odd years.....no

Sorry. I meant is this our worst ever season at home since we were established in 1871. It must be very close.

It's joint worst.

At exactly 1 point per game, it matches the 87/88 relegation season.

We've never had a worse record at home (recalculating old seasons to 3 pts for a win) either in the league, or in our Southern League days.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Apr 2018 00:36

Reading4eva
NewCorkSeth

You trolling?

No. Don't p!ss me off tonight with some stupid wit. Leave it till 3pm on Sunday IF this football club is safe.

I think hiring him second time round was a mistake. Never go back.

204 posts