Liam Moore Hypocrite or Hero?

133 posts
quickwingerswife

Liam Moore Hypocrite or Hero?

by quickwingerswife » 09 Aug 2018 19:10

How can anyone respect Moore? He wanted a transfer away and didn’t get it, now he’s saying he will give his all to RFC. Bollocks. Relegation here we come if we play him ever again. I will boo him throughout. What a hypocrite.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Liam Moore Hypocrite or Hero?

by windermereROYAL » 09 Aug 2018 19:14

Piss off

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Aug 2018 19:20

quickwingerswife How can anyone respect Moore? He wanted a transfer away and didn’t get it, now he’s saying he will give his all to RFC. Bollocks. Relegation here we come if we play him ever again. I will boo him throughout. What a hypocrite.

To answer your question, because we're not halfwitted fickle children prone to tantrums, perhaps?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Aug 2018 19:21

Not quite a Sidwell situation (he had already got his gig at Chelsea), but as long as he puts his bollox on the line (just like Sidders did), I couldn’t really care less.

fwiw, I am not a big fan of Moore...thought that he was culpable for a lot of our crapness for two-thirds of last season........his p o t s award was more of ‘somebody had to have it’ award.

Good luck to the lad for as long as we have him.

tilehurstender

by tilehurstender » 09 Aug 2018 19:24

And the alternative is..... he collects his salary but is not considered for selection???
Whatever the background to the whole transfer situation we need to pick our strongest team and he’s in my opinion the first name down

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 09 Aug 2018 19:25

Get over it. Why would any player want to stay in this current Reading setup when we have zero ambition to reach the premier league? If there was any doubt before the transfer window about the clubs intentions, that's been put to bed with the huge lack of investment in our squad while the genuine promotion contenders of the division added all summer. The club is not going anywhere in its current state and I would absolutely try and force a move also. As it stands we have him until January, his agent will be in his ear motivating him so someone from the prem panics and overspends on him during the next window. Fair play to him.

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 09 Aug 2018 19:37

Good point, but I’m still booing him at Nottingham if he gets picked. His mates from Loughborough will be there so I’m expecting a slap, but hypocrites I can’t stand.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Aug 2018 19:44

FiNeRaIn Get over it. Why would any player want to stay in this current Reading setup when we have zero ambition to reach the premier league? If there was any doubt before the transfer window about the clubs intentions, that's been put to bed with the huge lack of investment in our squad while the genuine promotion contenders of the division added all summer. The club is not going anywhere in its current state and I would absolutely try and force a move also. As it stands we have him until January, his agent will be in his ear motivating him so someone from the prem panics and overspends on him during the next window. Fair play to him.

On the flip side - if we didn't have ambition to get to the Premier League, why are our owners saying that they wouldn't sell our best player for any price?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 09 Aug 2018 19:53

If he gets his head down and works hard he will get a better club than Brighton who I think will go down this season.

Its up to him now

elrey

by elrey » 09 Aug 2018 20:03

Let's find one fan who works for a company, and wouldn't leave that company to get paid a load more money.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 09 Aug 2018 20:05

FiNeRaIn Get over it. Why would any player want to stay in this current Reading setup when we have zero ambition to reach the premier league? If there was any doubt before the transfer window about the clubs intentions, that's been put to bed with the huge lack of investment in our squad while the genuine promotion contenders of the division added all summer. The club is not going anywhere in its current state and I would absolutely try and force a move also. As it stands we have him until January, his agent will be in his ear motivating him so someone from the prem panics and overspends on him during the next window. Fair play to him.

The club is not going anywhere ? Finally - a bit of positivity !

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Aug 2018 20:06

Sort of pleased he's staying. We need a decent defender. My only request is he doesn't take anymore penalties.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Aug 2018 20:11

He’s a class player and I very much doubt the whole affair will affect his performances

Pleased he stayed for the moment, and would still be keen on bringing Hause in if available.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Aug 2018 20:18

There's been many suggestions for worst thread on HNA? but this one gets my vote.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 09 Aug 2018 20:18

Hero. He's not a reading supporter and I wouldn't say owes us anything. We gave him a good start and in his first season alone I recon he repaid that favour.

For his sake, I was hoping he could get a move to a prem club, I'd hate to think he blew his shot at the big time to see us survive in the chump for another year.

Glad he's staying and hopefully we can go forward with strength and depth.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Aug 2018 20:44

He's a realist.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 09 Aug 2018 20:50

Glad he's stayed with us and his message to RFC fans was pretty truthful and fair. Good luck to him this season, we will need him

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 09 Aug 2018 21:07

Reading4eva If he gets his head down and works hard he will get a better club than Brighton who I think will go down this season.

Its up to him now

Who are your lot playing at centre back?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Aug 2018 22:25

He’s neither hypocrite nor hero. Just a footballer. I was happy to see him go if Hause was coming in. However for now he is staying and I am happy if he returns to the team.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Aug 2018 22:28

Don't know how it's hypocritical to want away but still want to do your best whilst still here. I'd be more pissed off if he said I want away and I can't be arsed.

Lets judge him on his performances.

133 posts