BFTG - Forest away

Esteban

Re: BFTG - Forest away

by Esteban » 13 Aug 2018 14:36

CountryRoyal
Dick Habbin's hairdo Read Clement's comments about "doing some business in the loan window with 2 or 3 on the radar" and Popa back in training. Apparently, a "wide man" is the priority.

No, no it's not. A centre forward is the priority. Everyone can see that, shirley?

I just don’t see how we could go out and get ANOTHER striker when we’ve already signed 2 (admittedly strange ones) this summer. Who’s even available to get for a potential loan?

None of our strikers seem to be ones that can create for themselves and so we really need the service. Equally they aren’t the type of strikers to run in behind which is what causes defences trouble. Bod sort of is but certainly isn’t overly quick and is far more likely to scuff the shot, kick the turf and fall over, than he is to make the keeper work.

A quality creative midfielder for me is a must. I hoped Kelly could provide that but he just doesn’t have it in his locker, Swift who has the ability is permacrocked and blows hot and cold.

You know, if we could get another winger of genuine quality I’d almost consider playing Barrow up top with Baldock/McNulty and have the former running in behind stretching the defences.

Hemed is apparently available on loan. I like Bodvarsson, but he isn't good enough at holding the ball up and neither is Meite. To be fair, it's not their best position.

Hemed isn't brilliant, but he would be a marked improvement. We've had to work twice as hard to win the ball in dangerous areas and when we do, the opposition are usually in a good defensive shape. Baldock didn't get a sniff on Saturday, as he was usually chasing the ball as it bounced off Bodvarsson.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Aug 2018 14:37

Esteban
CountryRoyal
Dick Habbin's hairdo Read Clement's comments about "doing some business in the loan window with 2 or 3 on the radar" and Popa back in training. Apparently, a "wide man" is the priority.

No, no it's not. A centre forward is the priority. Everyone can see that, shirley?

I just don’t see how we could go out and get ANOTHER striker when we’ve already signed 2 (admittedly strange ones) this summer. Who’s even available to get for a potential loan?

None of our strikers seem to be ones that can create for themselves and so we really need the service. Equally they aren’t the type of strikers to run in behind which is what causes defences trouble. Bod sort of is but certainly isn’t overly quick and is far more likely to scuff the shot, kick the turf and fall over, than he is to make the keeper work.

A quality creative midfielder for me is a must. I hoped Kelly could provide that but he just doesn’t have it in his locker, Swift who has the ability is permacrocked and blows hot and cold.

You know, if we could get another winger of genuine quality I’d almost consider playing Barrow up top with Baldock/McNulty and have the former running in behind stretching the defences.

Hemed is apparently available on loan. I like Bodvarsson, but he isn't good enough at holding the ball up and neither is Meite. To be fair, it's not their best position.

Hemed isn't brilliant, but he would be a marked improvement. We've had to work twice as hard to win the ball in dangerous areas and when we do, the opposition are usually in a good defensive shape. Baldock didn't get a sniff on Saturday, as he was usually chasing the ball as it bounced off Bodvarsson.

Yep lets sign 4034 strikers, that will solve it.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 13 Aug 2018 15:10

Old Man Andrews
Esteban
CountryRoyal

Yep lets sign 4034 strikers, that will solve it.

Baldock hasn't scored yet and neither has McNulty. Meite is also not experienced enough to provide anything. I am writing them all off and lets bring in Hemed and if he doesn't instantly score lets look at who else is available.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2018 17:40

Victor Meldrew
Snowflake Royal
sandman The problem with people like you and Ian is that you put words into other people's posts that aren't there.

So when you see someone make the perfectly reasonable statement that these strikers are not consistent goalscorers you see, "these strikers aren't consistent goalscorers. Therefore they're useless tw@ts and we should go out and spend £20m that we don't have".

Says a man complaining about putting words into people's mouths by putting words into people's mouths.

Generally speaking, if someone's argument is "It's common sense" It's because they haven't put any thought into it and their view is utterly unreliable.

So common sense means nothing in your world?
You really ought to seek help.

:roll:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 13 Aug 2018 20:29

Esteban
CountryRoyal

I'd go for that. Meite is a player for the wings, not to score goals.

Need a creative midfielder in too

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Aug 2018 20:42

Clement won't bring in another striker, he will look f-ing stupid if he does after signing 2.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Aug 2018 20:48

Really don't know what I've said to warrant you coming after me like this Ian. The comment about putting words into the mouth's of people was an observation on your posting style, not a complaint.

On the broad point we agree, the club aren't going to loan in a striker because they've already bought two and even if they wanted to bring in another the finances aren't there to do so.

All I've said about those players is that their previous records would suggest they aren't going to pull up any trees when it comes to consistently scoring goals. That's not writing them off its just recognising their limitations.

The fact that I have made that statement and backed it up by citing their goalscoring records from previous seasons at their other clubs makes your accusation that I "haven't put any thought into it" all the more bizarre.

Anyway, when I decided to post again on this forum I made the decision that I would avoid these childish little spats that occur on here. So that's the last I will say on the matter.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 Aug 2018 22:54

There is nothing wrong with the strikers that we have.

We just need to create more and better chances.

Bodvarsson was good against Forest but he didn't really have a major chance. They were more half chances. A few more crosses into the box and chances created and the goals will come.

In terms of personnel. We are alright in the striker department now. If I was Clement, I wouldn't do any more business up front.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Aug 2018 23:31

sandman Really don't know what I've said to warrant you coming after me like this Ian. The comment about putting words into the mouth's of people was an observation on your posting style, not a complaint.

On the broad point we agree, the club aren't going to loan in a striker because they've already bought two and even if they wanted to bring in another the finances aren't there to do so.

All I've said about those players is that their previous records would suggest they aren't going to pull up any trees when it comes to consistently scoring goals. That's not writing them off its just recognising their limitations.

The fact that I have made that statement and backed it up by citing their goalscoring records from previous seasons at their other clubs makes your accusation that I "haven't put any thought into it" all the more bizarre.

Anyway, when I decided to post again on this forum I made the decision that I would avoid these childish little spats that occur on here. So that's the last I will say on the matter.

I agree there are questions about our fire power but I reckon if we can get 10+ goals from the 3 strikers and Meite and Barrow chip in with a few we could be OK.

Clement will need to use the front 3 well and substitute wisely to achieve that.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 14 Aug 2018 09:11

I made the decision that I would avoid these childish little spats that occur on here. So that's the last I will say on the matter.

alosersayswhat?