BROBOT OUT!!!!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Clement OUT!!!!

by Millsy » 18 Aug 2018 20:16

I was going to start a Clement out thread as a joke. You beat me to it.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Aug 2018 20:30

2 world wars, 1 world cup I was going to start a Clement out thread as a joke. You beat me to it.

unfortunately it's not a joking matter

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Aug 2018 20:34

Jeez Brosef

:lol:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Aug 2018 20:46

From the day he was appointed I'm still wondering what his credentials were.
Apart from carrying the cones and bibs for Ancelotti he's done nothing......and looks like continuing that record here.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 18 Aug 2018 20:50

Ascotexgunner From the day he was appointed I'm still wondering what his credentials were.
Apart from carrying the cones and bibs for Ancelotti he's done nothing......and looks like continuing that record here.

It was Ancelotti though.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Aug 2018 20:59

I`m surprised how sacking managers is always the suggested ways to solve all the clubs problems, Birmingham have had 5 since they sacked Gary Rowett, since then 17 wins in 74 games,
Clement can only work with the tools at his disposal. and quite frankly most of them or not up to the job. letting Evans go to Derby and relying on Meyler in defensive midfield is truly tragic.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Aug 2018 21:04

Ascotexgunner From the day he was appointed I'm still wondering what his credentials were.

Zidane also used to carry the cones and bibs for Ancelotti.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 18 Aug 2018 21:07

sandman

I think the “he’s done nothing” bit is the key differentiator here.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Aug 2018 21:18

Evans was poor here and would have fitted in very well with that performance today

Let’s not pretend otherwise

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Aug 2018 21:22

Hound Evans was poor here and would have fitted in very well with that performance today

Yep. History being rewritten here. Evans was very poor last season.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Aug 2018 21:23

windermereROYAL I`m surprised how sacking managers is always the suggested ways to solve all the clubs problems, Birmingham have had 5 since they sacked Gary Rowett, since then 17 wins in 74 games,
Clement can only work with the tools at his disposal. and quite frankly most of them or not up to the job. letting Evans go to Derby and relying on Meyler in defensive midfield is truly tragic.

You argue against sacking the manager but the examples thrown up really doesn't help your cause. Both those decisions came under his watch.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Aug 2018 21:24

Avon Royal
sandman

I think the “he’s done nothing” bit is the key differentiator here.

Indeed.

But then the post also suggests Clement merely carried bibs and cones which is simply untrue.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 18 Aug 2018 21:32

Royal_jimmy The issue is far above the manager. We are suffering because of poor signings, poor board and managerial appointments.

The Dai's, Gourlay and Tevreden need to go.

Not Tevreden, he has been stitched up as much as the rest of us.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Aug 2018 21:38

Zip
Hound Evans was poor here and would have fitted in very well with that performance today

Yep. History being rewritten here. Evans was very poor last season.

Likewise JVB, Kelly, Edwards. They made more appearances too.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2018 22:04

leon
Hound I feel we got into such a rut under Stam that it was always going to take a while to sort things out

Pleased Clement has taken a bit of responsibly as he messed up badly today. But it’s too soon to talk about sacking him.

We don’t play like we did under Stam. Confuses me when people say that. We played poorly today but we move the ball quicker, more directly and do not play the possession at all costs game. I don’t think we play any sort of slow passing game now and are Better to watch, if not much more successful for it

Second half we did. It was appalling.
The lack of any intensity was shocking. We came out second half as if we’d been drugged.

Disagree, though not that it was appalling. Under Stam there would have been far more passing between Moore, McShane and Mannone. We certainly weren't pumping it forward at all, which we should have done on occasion and certainly in the last few minutes. And in any case, faffing around with it at the back is because the midfielders aren't sharp enough to hit the first time passes to the forwards runs so they stop running, and everyone is static and no pass on. It's not a deliberate ploy.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 18 Aug 2018 22:45

Unlike some, was less than thrilled with Clement post-match. Basically threw players under the bus, heads will roll, etc. It’s his team and tactics, can only pull that stuff for so long. Assume he’s looking for reaction, we’ll see. In general, rather a manager who defends his players publically. Not sure he has ‘credit in the bank’ to be giving it large anyway. Talk is just that, talk. His record in management is less than stellar and he needs to do his talking with results.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Aug 2018 22:54

Denver Royal Unlike some, was less than thrilled with Clement post-match. Basically threw players under the bus, heads will roll, etc. it’s his team and tactics, can only pull that stuff for so long. Assume he’s looking for a reaction, and we’ll see. But in general I’d rather a manager who defends his players publically, and not sure he has enough ‘credit in the bank’ to be giving it large anyway. His record in management is less than stellar and he needs to do his talking with results.

Who exactly did he throw under the bus? The performance was poor - he admitted he made some wrong choices but ultimately it was the 11 on the pitch who didn't do enough. I thought his post match assessment was spot on and they generally have been. Much better than the bollocks Stam would spew blaming the fans or Adkins who would claim everything was brilliant.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Aug 2018 22:54

strap I'm saying nothing.

Bit harsh consdiering the shambles and lack of funds he's had to work with.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Aug 2018 22:57

Think Adkins and McD had it worse tbf...early days, so it’s all irrelevant anyway.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Aug 2018 23:01

Denver Royal can only pull that stuff for so long.

I'd prefer that this comes to a head at the beginning of the season. When's there's still plenty of time to perm a team out of this squad. We've a number of players yet to return from injury. Far from down and out.

Going to take time for the forwards to forge an understanding. At least there's glimpses of something. Which was totally lacking last season.