BROBOT OUT!!!!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Clement OUT!!!!

by Zip » 18 Aug 2018 23:09

AthleticoSpizz Think Adkins and McD had it worse tbf...early days, so it’s all irrelevant anyway.

Yes fair comment. Adkins lost crucial players like Le Fondre and Morrison and was given very limited funds. McDermott fed off scraps throughout his time with us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Aug 2018 23:11

Denver Royal Unlike some, was less than thrilled with Clement post-match. Basically threw players under the bus, heads will roll, etc. It’s his team and tactics, can only pull that stuff for so long. Assume he’s looking for reaction, we’ll see. In general, rather a manager who defends his players publically. Not sure he has ‘credit in the bank’ to be giving it large anyway. Talk is just that, talk. His record in management is less than stellar and he needs to do his talking with results.

It was a dreadful performance. He admitted it. The players need a rocket not mollycoddling. It’s about time the squad started taking responsibility for so many pitiful performances. If they don’t like it then get rid.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 19 Aug 2018 01:22

Zip
Denver Royal Unlike some, was less than thrilled with Clement post-match. Basically threw players under the bus, heads will roll, etc. It’s his team and tactics, can only pull that stuff for so long. Assume he’s looking for reaction, we’ll see. In general, rather a manager who defends his players publically. Not sure he has ‘credit in the bank’ to be giving it large anyway. Talk is just that, talk. His record in management is less than stellar and he needs to do his talking with results.

It was a dreadful performance. He admitted it. The players need a rocket not mollycoddling. It’s about time the squad started taking responsibility for so many pitiful performances. If they don’t like it then get rid.

Agreed, good points.

Not sure of Stam metric? 'We’d have done this or that, played this way or that way'. Opponents don’t care re. Stam. Young rookie foreign 1st year manager, no experience. In our infinite wisdom, took a flyer, gave him a shot. Arrived late, had a go, very good (unexpected) 1st season (after 17th and 19th), missed PL on PK, then bad second season. In our history, was here (very) short time.

Brutal div and 3 games a week. Maybe with big upgrade in mgr, sooner we get focused on that the better.

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 19 Aug 2018 06:54

Derby and Swansea fans told us how boring and laboured his tactics are and we chose to ignore them. Players look over coached and afraid to make mistakes. Bit of a chore going to games but I’m happy to suffer for a while till Clements gets his pay off.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Aug 2018 07:50

quickwingerswife Derby and Swansea fans told us how boring and laboured his tactics are and we chose to ignore them. Players look over coached and afraid to make mistakes. Bit of a chore going to games but I’m happy to suffer for a while till Clements gets his pay off.

Die.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Aug 2018 08:50

BR0B0T
2 world wars, 1 world cup I was going to start a Clement out thread as a joke. You beat me to it.

unfortunately it's not a joking matter

Well I find it funny.

Will be funny for the next 5 games too.

Then I'll start worrying.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 19 Aug 2018 10:55

Oh look, BROBOT's being edgy again.

He only got 15 responses when he tried the same shizzle after the first game, so he'll probably see this as some kind of victory.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Aug 2018 12:14

Platypuss Oh look, BROBOT's being edgy again.

He only got 15 responses when he tried the same shizzle after the first game, so he'll probably see this as some kind of victory.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was just thoroughly whelmed by his appointment

his results have been poor and the football is dogshit

but thanks for the +1 Platy

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Aug 2018 12:16

Lower West At least there's glimpses of something. Which was totally lacking last season.

This x1000

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Aug 2018 12:20

CountryRoyal
Lower West At least there's glimpses of something. Which was totally lacking last season.

This x1000

Yep 100%. Clement sees what we see. He sees that a few of our players just don't have it in them and is beginning to call them out on it. We should be standing with Clement and not slagging him off, he's clearly trying to bring a new mentality to the club but I'd estimate only half of the players are buying it.

The half who aren't need to go. Now.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Aug 2018 12:26

It's pretty much the same old shit...

moderate success (i.e. glimpses) are a real killer, makes you think things are just around the corner but they never materialise

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 19 Aug 2018 12:34

BR0B0T It's pretty much the same old shit...

moderate success (i.e. glimpses) are a real killer, makes you think things are just around the corner but they never materialise

Agreed. Better luck with your third thread.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Aug 2018 12:36

Platypuss
BR0B0T It's pretty much the same old shit...

Agreed. Better luck with your third thread.

8) :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2018 13:19

Old Man Andrews
CountryRoyal

This x1000

Yep 100%. Clement sees what we see. He sees that a few of our players just don't have it in them and is beginning to call them out on it. We should be standing with Clement and not slagging him off, he's clearly trying to bring a new mentality to the club but I'd estimate only half of the players are buying it.

The half who aren't need to go. Now.

Agree with this, though he completely flunked his team selection yesterday (which he acknowledged)

Whether he is a good enough coach/manager to implement what he wants to see is of course still very much open to question, but I think he should be backed for now

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Aug 2018 13:24

Courtney f**king Friday stirred up a hornets nest on twitter by asking how long we should give him, as usual the normal gimps are posting there, lets keep doing a Leeds till we get it right. Birmingham certainly haven't got there yet after 5 managers in 3 seasons.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Aug 2018 13:35

This.

At this point I'd rather take our medicine and get relegated, giving him a chance in League One than have yet another manager with the same squad of crocks, deadbeats and nearly men finish 19th and 20th the next season with yet another sacking that year.

We might actually win double figures at home down a level.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Aug 2018 13:41

Snowflake Royal At this point I'd rather take our medicine and get relegated, giving him a chance in League One than have yet another manager with the same squad of crocks, deadbeats and nearly men finish 19th and 20th the next season with yet another sacking that year.

We might actually win double figures at home down a level.

At least we could bring in home grown talent and build for the future. Bringing in "experience" to hang on in the division is taking us nowhere.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 19 Aug 2018 14:10

Clement is an adequate manager at this level and adequate for a club like ours.

If we stick with him and allow him to build a team over the next few seasons, even if we drop down a division it will be the correct thing to do.

There’s no quick fix that hasn’t been tried already. He needs to ship players out over the next few windows and attract the right players, he also needs to create a team togetherness on the pitch that fans have not seen in years. There's a big job to be done.

I see Clement working toward this as he's fully aware of our current shortfalls in the team/squad, and the errors made by the club over the past 3 ownerships.

There’s no magic fix to be had. As fans we need to understand the situation for what it is and give him time to love this club as we do.

He's a massive upgrade on Stam.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 19 Aug 2018 14:19

Zip It was a dreadful performance. He admitted it. The players need a rocket not mollycoddling. It’s about time the squad started taking responsibility for so many pitiful performances. If they don’t like it then get rid.

Not easy to get rid of players at this point. No probs with a rocket...behind closed doors. What is achieved dissing players in public? Keep it internal. Stick together. He never payed pro footy, but will find most players, and managers, prefer that. We'll see what positive outcomes ensue.

Lower West
Snowflake Royal At this point I'd rather take our medicine and get relegated, giving him a chance in League One than have yet another manager with the same squad of crocks, deadbeats and nearly men finish 19th and 20th the next season with yet another sacking that year.We might actually win double figures at home down a level.

At least we could bring in home grown talent and build for the future. Bringing in "experience" to hang on in the division is taking us nowhere.

Surely there are other clubs in our boat, or are we unique? We almost went up 2 seasons ago. We need to get relegated to get better?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Aug 2018 15:25

Denver Royal We need to get relegated to get better?

nah that's just the usual from the idiots who say things like...

"don't want to be promoted this season as it's too early"

like it's easy to control things...fcuking 'tards