12%
Ian Royal
12%

Total votes: 139
Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Clement

by Elm Park Kid » 24 Oct 2018 13:37

I'm still saying Ian Royal, but might have to reassess in the New Year.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2018 13:39

Elm Park Kid I'm still saying Ian Royal, but might have to reassess in the New Year.

If in doubt stick with Ian Royal is the old saying. We should all live by that.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Oct 2018 14:21

genome Lose against Swansea on Saturday and that's me done with Clement.

Don't expect much do you. :shock:

In my years of watching football scraping a point away from home has been a win. :roll:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Oct 2018 21:00

Kulshaw72RFC
Sutekh Hard to know the way forward.

Perhaps get shot of Clement, Get rid/sell/loan/release out as many of the current squad as possible in the next couple of windows. Sell Moore for as much as we can get and, probably, take relegation.

Then totally rebuild from the Academy and shrewd purchases and loans under a new manager. Only then will this rotten malaise of underperforming drabness start to be lifted.

Leave as is and it looks likely to be relegation anyway. Then stuck in the third division with this hopeless bunch? The circle will just continue.

I would prefer your suggestion. If we get rid of the entire 1st team and management squad, shove the academy in.... it cannot be that much worse can it?

Yes, we could lose every game by 5 goals and have an average attendance of 9,000

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Oct 2018 21:11

Coppells Lost Coat I think PC has all the ideas but no real application. He has won everything as an assistant but isn't really cutting it out as manager. His sessions are probably good, decent drills and training methods must be top notch looking at his CV. But when he is on the touchline, when it matters the players dont get it right, he cant seem to get players playing. His reactions to tactical changes are way too slow.

Yes when opposition managers change tack in the second half he seems lost. He rarely makes early substitutions. Why not be pro active and seek to be more aggressive rather than just be happy with more of the same and make tactical changes himself. We are not a bad first half team. We are a dreadful second half team.
Last edited by Zip on 24 Oct 2018 22:03, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Oct 2018 07:15

Can someone please change this thread title to CLOLement.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Oct 2018 09:34

Snowflake Royal
Kulshaw72RFC

Perhaps get shot of Clement, Get rid/sell/loan/release out as many of the current squad as possible in the next couple of windows. Sell Moore for as much as we can get and, probably, take relegation.

Then totally rebuild from the Academy and shrewd purchases and loans under a new manager. Only then will this rotten malaise of underperforming drabness start to be lifted.

Leave as is and it looks likely to be relegation anyway. Then stuck in the third division with this hopeless bunch? The circle will just continue.

I would prefer your suggestion. If we get rid of the entire 1st team and management squad, shove the academy in.... it cannot be that much worse can it?

Yes, we could lose every game by 5 goals and have an average attendance of 9,000

So not much worse at all then.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Oct 2018 09:37

He gets 3 more games for me

Swansea (A)
Bristol City (H)
Ipswich (H)

Less than 5 points from those and he has to go IMO. 4 is acceptable if we play well in those games

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Oct 2018 09:39

Royal_jimmy He gets 3 more games for me

Swansea (A)
Bristol City (H)
Ipswich (H)

Less than 5 points from those and he has to go IMO. 4 is acceptable if we play well in those games

Expecting 3 points at the very best from that - and that's only if Ipswich are as woeful as we think they might be.

Not holding my breath for even that.

Still. A sterling performance and something at Swansea and who knows....

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 25 Oct 2018 09:50

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal
Kulshaw72RFC

at least it would be more exciting

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Oct 2018 10:15

Do you remember Birmingham City in 2013/14 season when they were financially crippled, full of dross loans, scraping survival. I see us as that now. They are only really just coming out of that this season, although they had a great chance and ruined it with Rowett.

My point being - it's down to the manager and Clement probably has 3 games to save himself.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Oct 2018 14:37

Zip We are a dreadful second half team.

A question for them to answer. Instinct says simply not enough for this level at the current time. Struggling to remember the last time we bossed and dominated a game. Too much of a soft touch.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Oct 2018 14:41

Lower West

A question for them to answer. Instinct says simply not enough for this level at the current time. Struggling to remember the last time we bossed and dominated a game. Too much of a soft touch.

Hull.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Oct 2018 14:48

Lower West

Apart from Hull I cannot think of a single game we have dominated this year. We got that goal early on against Hull. That in itself is a rarity. At home we start too cautiously. We allow our opponents to settle. In that Hull game we were much stronger aerially. I really noticed Ezatolahi and O’Shea winning headers. It helped put us on the front foot. Too often we struggle in this department as neither Moore or Ilori dominate. We could do with a Sean Morrison type centre back.

I still think we are not far off from being a mid table team. For whatever reason we just cannot string any kind of run together. It’s so frustrating. It’s not as if teams are outplaying us. Yet time and again we end up losing as we are unable to keep a clean sheet.

Kulshaw72RFC

Re: CLOLement

by Kulshaw72RFC » 25 Oct 2018 15:41

Zip
Lower West

Apart from Hull I cannot think of a single game we have dominated this year. We got that goal early on against Hull. That in itself is a rarity. At home we start too cautiously. We allow our opponents to settle. In that Hull game we were much stronger aerially. I really noticed Ezatolahi and O’Shea winning headers. It helped put us on the front foot. Too often we struggle in this department as neither Moore or Ilori dominate. We could do with a Sean Morrison type centre back.

I still think we are not far off from being a mid table team. For whatever reason we just cannot string any kind of run together. It’s so frustrating. It’s not as if teams are outplaying us. Yet time and again we end up losing as we are unable to keep a clean sheet.

Kulshaw72RFC

Re: CLOLement

by Kulshaw72RFC » 25 Oct 2018 15:44

NewCorkSeth Can someone please change this thread title to CLOLement.

Duly Obliged

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2018 16:12

Zip
Lower West

Agree with all of that zip- which is why Eza is such a loss

I’m fairly confident we will get a run going at some point. As said, it’s not like last season where you had no idea where a goal or even a shot on target was coming from

Main difference is our strikers are scoring. You’d just hope eventually we’ll learn to defend a corner again

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Oct 2018 16:15

Sutekh
Lower West

Hull.

Hull did score 3 times albeit offside.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Oct 2018 16:23

Hound Main difference is our strikers are scoring. You’d just hope eventually we’ll learn to defend a corner again

Yes true. It's one of those ones isn't it - at this level if you don't score goals, you don't win matches

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2018 18:17

Kulshaw72RFC
Sutekh
Snowflake Royal

at least it would be more exciting

Funny, that's not what people saidd when we got dicked under Stam, v Ipswich or at West Brom.

880 posts