Ian Royal
12%

Total votes: 139
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Clement

by BR0B0T » 01 Nov 2018 17:13

Royal Rother Oh God, here we go again.

lols I know...but the keepers are good when the ball is on the ground but unable to stop anything remotely in the corners

Reading goalkeeper had a good game against Man City but got beat by such a simple shot

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Nov 2018 17:14

I thought that press conference today was very refreshing, all the right questions were asked, Mr Dai can`t make a statement without a translator.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 01 Nov 2018 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Nov 2018 17:17

RoyalBlue Is he still here?

Looks like I'll be taking Saturday off then and my Royals Football this weekend will be the Reading FC Women game, coincidentally also, against Bristol City on Sunday.

Best part of being a season ticket holder this season is free admission to the women's games. High quality players (numerous International players), playing good football, scoring plenty of goals and able to compete with the best teams in the country.

Christ :shock: , if that`s the standard of football that keeps you happy may I suggest you try a different sport?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Nov 2018 17:49

windermereROYAL I thought that press conference today was very refreshing, all the right questions ere asked, Mr Dai can`t make a statement without a translator.

Agree. The full transcript posting by JLow was an interesting read. Decent questions and honest answers

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2018 18:46

NewCorkSeth Paraphrasing here but Clement said not to blame Gourley as he has nothing to do with the tactics, players, performances etc.

He's really calling himself the only person to blame there..

Really? No one who has gone before or the players?

It's a manager's job to take responsibility... good on him for doing so, doesn't mean the issues are actually down to him. He's just the one who has to try to fix them.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Nov 2018 18:51

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Paraphrasing here but Clement said not to blame Gourley as he has nothing to do with the tactics, players, performances etc.

It's a manager's job to take responsibility... good on him for doing so, doesn't mean the issues are actually down to him. He's just the one who has to try to fix them.

Well that's my point.. he said don't blame Gourley and he clearly can't blame Stam publicly, or BT. So he's basically said no one is to blame but himself without saying that directly.

It's an underhanded way of coming clean about his part in the current issues.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2018 19:26

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

Well that's my point.. he said don't blame Gourley and he clearly can't blame Stam publicly, or BT. So he's basically said no one is to blame but himself without saying that directly.

underhanded? :|

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Nov 2018 20:26

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Really? No one who has gone before or the players?

Yes. It's deceitful. He's saying who's not to blame, ruling out the only other person fans are blaming but not owning up to it. That's dishonest.

Even if you think Stam or BT is more responsible Clement is responsible to. And he's not owning up to that here which is dishonest. His comments on this topic are deliberately misleading.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Nov 2018 20:38

Really? I read it as him basically staying the buck stops with him

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2018 22:35

Hound Really? I read it as him basically staying the buck stops with him

Yeah, seems pretty obvious doesn't it. I think ncs has lost the plot.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Nov 2018 22:46

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Well that's my point.. he said don't blame Gourley and he clearly can't blame Stam publicly, or BT. So he's basically said no one is to blame but himself without saying that directly.

Yes. It's deceitful. He's saying who's not to blame, ruling out the only other person fans are blaming but not owning up to it. That's dishonest.

Even if you think Stam or BT is more responsible Clement is responsible to. And he's not owning up to that here which is dishonest. His comments on this topic are deliberately misleading.

Dishonest? Deceitful? That is nuts. Absolutely nuts.

Even maffff would struggle to cough that one up with a straight face.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Nov 2018 23:02

Snowflake Royal

I know you're probably on a wind up here but in my original comment I said "He's really calling himself the only person to blame there.."

Then you disagreed with me. So how does it seem pretty obvious Ian? I said the same thing Hound said albeit in a different way.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 01 Nov 2018 23:04

Royal Rother
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal underhanded? :|

+1.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Nov 2018 23:05

Royal Rother
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal underhanded? :|

Synonyms for the word underhanded which Ian says he's not being.

It's amazing to me that he won't hold his(Clement) hand up and say "we're in this position because of me, I need to improve"

He can't blame the players (even though they definitely shaŕe the blame) as that's a sure fire way to turn them against him, he can't blame Stam as it's a new season and he's had a summer and several months to turn the rut around and he's said that we should blame Ron.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Nov 2018 07:50

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

I know you're probably on a wind up here but in my original comment I said "He's really calling himself the only person to blame there.."

Then you disagreed with me. So how does it seem pretty obvious Ian? I said the same thing Hound said albeit in a different way.

Not on a wind up at all, just amazed at how biased against him you are that you'll twist anything he says like a pretzel.

There is a difference between an interpretation of what he's said - the buck stops with him. And what is reality - fault lies in a lot of places, mainly not him but he has responsibility to fix them and take responsibility for them.

And Hound told you your interpretation was crazy as well.

Just FYI saying Gourlay isn't responsible is not synonimous with saying only Clement is responsible. I'd have thought that would be screamingly obvious but apparently it needs to be spelled out

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Nov 2018 08:00

BR0B0T
RoyalBlue Is he still here?

Looks like I'll be taking Saturday off then and my Royals Football this weekend will be the Reading FC Women game, coincidentally also, against Bristol City on Sunday.

Best part of being a season ticket holder this season is free admission to the women's games. High quality players (numerous International players), playing good football, scoring plenty of goals and able to compete with the best teams in the country.

It really isn't good quality...I watched the highlights program after MotD

Wish they'd make the goal size in proportion to size of the females

Perhaps try going to a game rather than relying on video. Size of goal is no longer relevant with the keepers in the top leagues.

IMO it is good quality and it is a helluva lot more entertaining, with far more commitment from players and management/coaching staff, than the shyte served up by the men's set up over the past two seasons.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Nov 2018 08:02

NewCorkSeth
Royal Rother
NewCorkSeth Yes. It's deceitful. He's saying who's not to blame, ruling out the only other person fans are blaming but not owning up to it. That's dishonest.

It's amazing to me that he won't hold his(Clement) hand up and say "we're in this position because of me, I need to improve"

He can't blame the players (even though they definitely shaŕe the blame) as that's a sure fire way to turn them against him, he can't blame Stam as it's a new season and he's had a summer and several months to turn the rut around and he's said that we should blame Ron.

What are you blethering on about?

I can think of at least one occasion where he's said that he needs to improve, using those exact words.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Nov 2018 08:50

sandman
NewCorkSeth
Royal Rother

What are you blethering on about?

I can think of at least one occasion where he's said that he needs to improve, using those exact words.

Jesus Christ all I'm saying is he was asked about Gourley and he chose to say this

"Why does he get it? I don't know. Ron doesn't choose the team, do the training, pick the tactics or do the subs.

He has another job which is more on the commercial side and the structure of the club side.

I'm not not sure how anything there is going to help us on the pitch."

And I said he's only leaving himself to blame there. Ian then stormed along as usual and said "he's not the only one to blame". I then said it's an underhanded way of owning up to being responsible for this mess and he should have just come out and said it. Ian the came back and took issue with the word underhanded. Which I still believe it is.

Also where can I find that quote of him saying that?
Last edited by NewCorkSeth on 02 Nov 2018 09:06, edited 1 time in total.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 02 Nov 2018 08:56

It was refreshing to read Clement's statement about Ron Gourlay and I've been saying the exact same thing a few times one here.

Clement oversees training, picks the team, does the tactics and is supposed to motivate the players. Not Gourlay. So why the hell is he getting the blame for things on the pitch?!!

However, if stuff is rotten off the pitch that is a separate issue and does not affect the performance of the players or manager. The players won't give a toss about Ron at all. They just want to get paid and win.

I wish some of you lot would stop making excuses for people just because their face fits, they say the right things or they have a nice personality!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Nov 2018 09:03

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Yeah, seems pretty obvious doesn't it. I think ncs has lost the plot.

Not on a wind up at all, just amazed at how biased against him you are that you'll twist anything he says like a pretzel.

There is a difference between an interpretation of what he's said - the buck stops with him. And what is reality - fault lies in a lot of places, mainly not him but he has responsibility to fix them and take responsibility for them.

And Hound told you your interpretation was crazy as well.

Just FYI saying Gourlay isn't responsible is not synonimous with saying only Clement is responsible. I'd have thought that would be screamingly obvious but apparently it needs to be spelled out

Ignore everything except for my original comment and your original comment for a moment.

Snowflake Royal

That's you disagreeing with me saying Clement is calling himself the only person to blame.

Then Hound joins in and says:

Snowflake Royal

And you agree with him. What is the massive difference you see between "Clement says the buck stops with him" and "Clement is calling himself the only person to blame"?

I imagine your just going to post an eyeroll rather than actually respond but I cannot see a huge difference (one that makes 1 correct and the other incorrect) between those 2 comments.

880 posts