MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by one pub on each corner

144 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by one pub on each corner

by Hound » 27 Sep 2018 11:23

John Smith
Hound wrote that comment at half time when the commentator said it should have been 3 or 4-0 to Arsenal. Didnt watch it or anything, but sounds like they played quite well second half. Hopefully they'll be a little fatigued - they still played a fair few first teamers

Hmmmm. I'd probably formulate my own opinion once the game had finished but up to you

yep youre correct. In future I'l watch every single match and only make a judgement on that.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 27 Sep 2018 11:48

tidus_mi2 It's hard to see us getting anything from this game, after all, they have won all their home games. That said, we have only lost one away so there's hope.

Records get broken.

They aren't going to win every game at home, are they?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 27 Sep 2018 11:50

Hound wrote that comment at half time when the commentator said it should have been 3 or 4-0 to Arsenal. Didnt watch it or anything, but sounds like they played quite well second half. Hopefully they'll be a little fatigued - they still played a fair few first teamers

2-0 football, though, classic. Winning side relaxes, goes through
the motions, losing side has a go in the hope of a single goal, and then...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Sep 2018 11:54

One place they looked very dodgy to me when I watched their game against Ipswich was set pieces

I’d be confident of getting a goal from a Bacuna free kick/corner

Obvs a lot less confident about stopping them scoring a couple from open play.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 27 Sep 2018 17:13

Hound One place they looked very dodgy to me when I watched their game against Ipswich was set pieces

I agree

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Sep 2018 18:03

Bacuna put in some excellent set pieces in the last game, but he's also taken some stinkers earlier in the season, so I wouldn't hold your breat for continuing brilliance. At least not just yet.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Sep 2018 19:36

Hiram K Hackenbacker
Hound One place they looked very dodgy to me when I watched their game against Ipswich was set pieces

I agree

Nice.

Can stop posting and close my account now I’ve got one of these. Taken nearly 2 years

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Sep 2018 10:10

Snowflake Royal Bacuna put in some excellent set pieces in the last game, but he's also taken some stinkers earlier in the season, so I wouldn't hold your breat for continuing brilliance. At least not just yet.

Has he? I don't recall that. Selective memory I guess.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 28 Sep 2018 14:09

Hound
Hiram K Hackenbacker

I agree

Nice, can stop posting and close my account now I’ve got one of these. Taken nearly 2 years

I agree

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Sep 2018 15:47

lolz

Of course its not going to happen anyway. Need somewhere to spout off my release my general frustrations at life

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 28 Sep 2018 15:59

Snowball
tidus_mi2 It's hard to see us getting anything from this game, after all, they have won all their home games. That said, we have only lost one away so there's hope.

Records get broken.

They aren't going to win every game at home, are they?

Actually Brentford won all 21 home league games in 1929-30, an all time league record.

Still didn't get promoted though ; )

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Sep 2018 16:35

Let's hope its Mcshane that replaces O'Shea, our options are severely limited but Gunter is pathetic and Blackett isn't focused enough to deal with Brentford's quick, intricate passing. Alternatively we could shift Bacuna back to RB and then bring in Meyler/Swift but that doesn't sound much better, I fear a heavy defeat tomorrow unfortunately

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Sep 2018 16:51

URZZZZ Let's hope its Mcshane that replaces O'Shea, our options are severely limited but Gunter is pathetic and Blackett isn't focused enough to deal with Brentford's quick, intricate passing. Alternatively we could shift Bacuna back to RB and then bring in Meyler/Swift but that doesn't sound much better, I fear a heavy defeat tomorrow unfortunately

Blackett is fit and is possibly the most appropriate change to make defensively. Believe McShane isn't expected to be available until next week so I reckon it's either Blackett in at left back and Yiadom moving over to the right or Chris Gunter back in at left or right back and Yiadom adjusting accordingly.

The answer will, of course, be something totally different.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Sep 2018 17:05

URZZZZ Let's hope its Mcshane that replaces O'Shea, our options are severely limited but Gunter is pathetic and Blackett isn't focused enough to deal with Brentford's quick, intricate passing. Alternatively we could shift Bacuna back to RB and then bring in Meyler/Swift but that doesn't sound much better, I fear a heavy defeat tomorrow unfortunately

McShane's been terrible, so how about we don't?

Hopeful

by Hopeful » 28 Sep 2018 17:19

Sutekh

Blackett is fit and is possibly the most appropriate change to make defensively. Believe McShane isn't expected to be available until next week so I reckon it's either Blackett in at left back and Yiadom moving over to the right or Chris Gunter back in at left or right back and Yiadom adjusting accordingly.

The answer will, of course, be something totally different.

Think it will be this, however, I would be OK with:

--------------------Walker------------------
Bacuna Ilori Moore Yiadom
----------------Ezatolahi--------------------
Sims Swift Kelly Barrow
-------------------- Bod----------------------

Either way, my expectations are extremely low. But I'm Hopeful.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Sep 2018 21:15

Snowflake Royal

I'm not arguing Mcshane is very good any more, fact of the matter is that out of Mcshane and Gunter, Mcshane wins every day of the week, at least he has had a couple of OK games this season, Gunter has played four times this season and been as poor and ineffectual in all of them as he always is

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Sep 2018 23:50

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal

I'm not arguing Mcshane is very good any more, fact of the matter is that out of Mcshane and Gunter, Mcshane wins every day of the week, at least he has had a couple of OK games this season, Gunter has played four times this season and been as poor and ineffectual in all of them as he always is

Give me Gunter, Blackett or Richards over a captain who gives away two penalties in one game any day of the week.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 29 Sep 2018 07:28

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal McShane's been terrible, so how about we don't?

Give me Gunter, Blackett or Richards over a captain who gives away two penalties in one game any day of the week.

Pretty much this.

I would rather play 3 at the back then put McShambles in.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 29 Sep 2018 07:45

This feels like a game where the performance might be more important than the result. If we get a point and play with energy and determination we should be well satisfied.

We’ve fallen a long way, and have only just started to crawl back up. A narrow defeat wouldn’t be the end of the world.

But a gutless, toothless capitulation of the type we’ve seen so often over the past two seasons would suggest we’re still rock bottom and the manager hasn’t managed to make real changes.

On the McShame / Blackett question:

Blackett brings pace and athleticism; although he always has a mistake in him, he has improved immeasurably.

Both McShane, and I’m sorry to say, Gunter, are beginning to look past their best, and may want to consider continuing playing in the lower leagues. Gunter may turn it around. McShane needs to be put out to pasture.

dave the magic moron

by dave the magic moron » 29 Sep 2018 07:49

I would only make the one change, gunter replacing O'Shea. Moving bacuna and disrupting midfield because we need to make a defensive change is an unnecessary disruption. We need a settled midfield more than anything, it is the heartbeat of any team and the cause of much of our crapness for a few seasons.

144 posts