by SCIAG » 29 Sep 2018 17:22

Snowflake Royal Gunter was ok tbh.

Truly this is the end of days.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by one pub on each corner

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 29 Sep 2018 17:24

From Despair To Where?
10539.4 Miles Away Bloody great to see the team spirit here. Hallelujah!

That all people really ask for, a bit of fight, a bit of team spirit and the performances naturally follow.

100% Adie et al saying it feels like a loss are idiots. Yes, we could have got the win but that was a different Reading team today

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Sep 2018 17:25

Hound I’m guessing it’s a very very long time since Brentford only had 3 shots on target at home

Is also the first points they’ve dropped at home this season and, to be honest, they are a very very good team at home so well done to Reading today.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Sep 2018 17:34

Good performance up until minute 85, really poor way to close out the game, it was almost like they were the ones with the extra man. Yiadom wasn't great again, really needs to go back to RB, push Blackett/Gunter ( who had an OK game today) over to left back. Midfield three generally dominated the game, having the Iranian guy would have been so useful the last couple of seasons as we've lacked someone of his calibre. Would bring Baldock and Sims back in, two wingers worked hard but didn't have too much of an impact. Things starting to look up now, only losing 2 of the last 7 and unbeaten in four away games, if only we had started this well

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Sep 2018 17:42

The Iranian seems to have made a very big impact tbh

Maybe the signing that transforms the season. If we genuinely dominated Brentford’s excellent midfield that’s a massive performance

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 29 Sep 2018 17:45

Good game to watch. Difficult if you need to score 3 away from home to win. Take a point, but threw 2 away by conceding poor goal in injury time.
Walker nervy, spilled a few, at the corner at end he started to come for the ball, didn't get there, left goal exposed.
Surprised Meite started, but put in a shift, and was physical in a physical game. A presence and nuisance all day, when he went off (for Aluko) we dropped off alarmingly.
Swift directly responsible for both our goals (which were fortunate, tbh, as keeper made two howlers).
Not sure when or how McNulty fits in? (And that's with Baldock not even playing today).

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 29 Sep 2018 17:50

Compared to last season I am ecstatic with that.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 29 Sep 2018 17:56

Slightly dissapointed not have held on, but I don’t think you will find a Reading fan who would not have taken a point before kick off. It’s certainly looking more promising and there is goals in this side but we still give away too many soft goals.

Hoss

by Hoss » 29 Sep 2018 18:08

Really surprised at some of the comments here. Once again, we show we are mentally weak. Goals immediately after have time, this season and stoppage time points lost etc, got to be a coaching management issue.

Really pi$$ed off

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Sep 2018 18:14

Hoss Really surprised at some of the comments here. Once again, we show we are mentally weak. Goals immediately after have time, this season and stoppage time points lost etc, got to be a coaching management issue.

Really pi$$ed off

It’s annoying but we are still not a confident side. We are though definitely improving and are now very competitive away from home. We now need to start winning at home. Hull was a start but today’s point won’t count for much if we don’t beat the fakes. Win on Tuesday and we are moving away from the relegation zone.
It’s coming.

My concern though is injuries.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Sep 2018 18:31

The only real injury concern I have is if one lets Aluko back into the side. We should be able to cover the others

Couldn’t really see a lot in their equaliser to suggest mental weakness. Sometimes these things happen.

As said we need to back this up with 3 points now against QPR or its worthless

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Sep 2018 18:42

Still as good as ever when we're against 10 men then.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 29 Sep 2018 18:42

Overall great display. At times it felt like Brentford were playing with an extra man and only looked even after the red card. But they are a good side and while to lose the three points in that manner is bitter, I would have taken a point away at GP any day. Ezatolahi is a very welcome addition to strengthen our midfield - class.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Sep 2018 18:45

Hoss Really surprised at some of the comments here. Once again, we show we are mentally weak. Goals immediately after have time, this season and stoppage time points lost etc, got to be a coaching management issue.

Really pi$$ed off

Or is it down to individuals not taking responsibility ? Surely it can’t be beyond highly paid professionals to work out they need to concentrate at restarts and I can’t imagine Clement and Gibbs haven’t noticed it.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Sep 2018 18:46

Reading the Brentford forum, they're a precious bunch aren't they? Gonna pick a few quotes out:
They did a job on us plus not helped by Bentley's errors.

They let us bring it out from the back but packed the midfield and pressed Ollie & Said leaving us with nowhere to go.

I pity the Reading fans having to pay to see that rubbish every week. Niggly fouls, time wasting and just a boring physical approach typified by their giant 32.

We need to better than this and find a way round spoiling sides.

Agree, we have to rise above bullying tactics like that .Said could do with a break. He is costing us with misplaced tackles and passes at the moment. Canos looks on form s well.

Good beginning and ending but in between it was not a good game to watch. Officials lost the plot at times, Reading were as cynical as they come and we lacked composure. Thought Bentley might have done better with both goals although neither was easy.

Need to get heads right for Tuesday.

Good point was I thought Judge added something when he came on.

Surprised how generous people are being to reading. I thought they were a disgrace with time wasting raised to an art form. They must practice it in training. Number 14 seeing he was about to be hooked feigning injury.
That said, I thought we were pretty poor. So many side passes showed we didn't have a plan to get through their midfield. And Bentley has got to sort this out, not least as I don't think we have a credible replacement. Still good to fight and get draw.

Reading in the second half were absolute filth. Zero interest in anything remotely to do with football.

Aided and abetted by the ref. Complete and utter idiot. Totally clueless and biased.

Linos were absolute cr*p as well.

Bentley. Absolutely terrible I’m afraid. He went through a spell last season where he dropped some clangers. Hopefully he will be back to form on Tuesday.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Sep 2018 19:00

tidus_mi2 Reading the Brentford forum, they're a precious bunch aren't they? Gonna pick a few quotes out:

They let us bring it out from the back but packed the midfield and pressed Ollie & Said leaving us with nowhere to go.

I pity the Reading fans having to pay to see that rubbish every week. Niggly fouls, time wasting and just a boring physical approach typified by their giant 32.

Agree, we have to rise above bullying tactics like that .Said could do with a break. He is costing us with misplaced tackles and passes at the moment. Canos looks on form s well.

Good beginning and ending but in between it was not a good game to watch. Officials lost the plot at times, Reading were as cynical as they come and we lacked composure. Thought Bentley might have done better with both goals although neither was easy.

Surprised how generous people are being to reading. I thought they were a disgrace with time wasting raised to an art form. They must practice it in training. Number 14 seeing he was about to be hooked feigning injury.
That said, I thought we were pretty poor. So many side passes showed we didn't have a plan to get through their midfield. And Bentley has got to sort this out, not least as I don't think we have a credible replacement. Still good to fight and get draw.

Reading in the second half were absolute filth. Zero interest in anything remotely to do with football.

Aided and abetted by the ref. Complete and utter idiot. Totally clueless and biased.

Bentley. Absolutely terrible I’m afraid. He went through a spell last season where he dropped some clangers. Hopefully he will be back to form on Tuesday.

We appear to have watched different second halfs.

It's not time wasting when you have to sub off the injured players, especially when you're bringing on that shithouse Aluko. They made some pretty cynical tackles and pull backs yet seem to think we were the dirty side? Bizarre.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 29 Sep 2018 19:27

tidus_mi2 Reading the Brentford forum, they're a precious bunch aren't they? Gonna pick a few quotes out:

:lol: :lol: This teams a lot of things but cynical and dirty isn't one. I don't think our players are bright enough to be. In fact perhaps if we were a bit more street wise we wouldn't keep throwing away leads.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Sep 2018 19:41

It actually makes me happy to read that. If we don’t see the weak soft touch side that has wrecked the last 12 months then brilliant

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Sep 2018 19:48

things are (finally) starting to shape up quite nicely..great loanees

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Sep 2018 21:37

Pity we didn`t roll over for them. and the prick at the top that thinks we play like that every week. :D

144 posts