BFT - I don’t know what to call it

144 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFT - I don’t know what to call it

by sandman » 02 Oct 2018 23:36

hughsies no.1 Forgot to add, both dives made by our players in the second half were embarrassing and both were rightly booked.

Ezatolahi one was a dive. First one however, was not. Yiadom was also pulled back and should have been awarded a penalty.

Shocking referee. Also a shocking assistant on the East Stand side, who on at least two occasions, had no idea if the ball had gone out for a corner or a goal kick, looked at the ref who also had no clue and ended up giving neither. He also gave a goal kick when a Queer People's Republic defender clearly put the ball out of play for a corner.
Last edited by sandman on 03 Oct 2018 09:19, edited 2 times in total.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 02 Oct 2018 23:46

strap
Barney Utter utter tripe. Anyone saying that was anything above garbage must have RFC-specs on.

The club is dead. The atmosphere is dead. And any team at this level that includes Gunter and Aluko is dead. When fans question where the "old school" in our fans have gone, tonight sums it up. Utter utter garbage. Aluko and Gunter should never ever ever play for this club again.

If any season ticket holders are reading this and DIDN'T go tonight, fair play to you...wise decision. Just horrendous.

I can't disagree with any of that. Aluko is quite possibly the worst player ever to wear the hoops since I started watching RFC in 69/70 season - and there have been plenty to compare him against. My eldest was first team sports scientist at HCFC when they went up to the PL. Aluko's knee, I think it was his knee, and hapy to be corrected), was shot then, and he couldn't believe we paid money for him, never mind a reported £5M to £7.5M. Fulham must have been laughing uncontrollably as we wrote out the cheque. Gunter's days at RFC are also numbered, especially when Richards and Obita are back. The right flank is a total disaster area when these two are controlling it - although tonight's goal came from the left TBF. It's their negative attitude and demeanour that just seems to infect the rest of the team. The whole transfer policy is also abysmal - and seems nothing more than made up on the hoof. These are dark, dark days at the MadStad, and frankly 3rd tier football cannot be discounted based on tonight's pathetic offering. What is most surprising is that I didn't swear once in the above. Quite frankly I just can't be bothered anymore. It seems as though many RFC fans have the same outlook.

Gunter, Aluko, Kelly and Meite dropped for Saturday and we win at WBA! It's the new RFC way!

Thanks Strap. Your first season watching Reading is the same season as mine :)

I don't often get this wound up, but blimey would I love to see some players like Hurlock, Bowman, Friday, WagstaffX2, Freeman, Parky....with a bit of fight.

I will stop now, before I get a "old man" response from Y26 :D

JR

by JR » 02 Oct 2018 23:50

Hound Assume it will be Meite, Barrow +1 up front on Sat

Anyway, didn’t think it was quite as bad as some, but an ugly display with little quality. QPR goal was inevitable

Walker 7 - was pretty good. Not sure on the goal
Gunter 6 - did ok and got forward. Lack of quality when he did cross
Yiadom 6- massively frustrated with him at LB. His left foot is poor, he just shouldn’t be there. Still did ok
Ilori/Moore 6 - seems every game they look decent but we still concede at least 1 crappy goal. Somethings not quite right
Bacuna 6 - did ok. No more no less.
Ezatolahi 7 - he is quality. Won the battle with Eze. Couple of errors though
Kelly 4 - tried his best but constantly beaten
Barrow 4- just didn’t offer enough consistently enough. Good run for the Meite chance
Meite 5 - 100% as ever but usual lack of quality. Unlucky with the chance off the post
Aluko 3 - just offers absolutely nothing

Sims 4 - nothing went right for him
Swift 6 - started brilliantly but tailed off. Kept trying to make something happen and our most likely source of a goal
McNulty 6 - tidy enough - not enough time to do too much

Can’t really disageee with any of this.

My biggest question is what has happened to Barrow!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 Oct 2018 23:53

Another awful performance at home. Another opportunity to win a game of football against a beatable team wasted.

How Aluko was selected for the game, I just don't really understand it. Clement explained that players were cramping up on Saturday at Griffin Park so he decided to make some changes, rotate the squad and keep things as fresh as possible. But how that allows Aluko back in, I just don't know. Sims has made an impact in every game he has played for us apart from perhaps tonight. He didn't start at Griffin despite playing very well against Hull and making a big impact in numerous games especially to set up the winner at Preston. I thought Sims should have started tonight.

However, as much as I think Clement could have done better tonight with his team selection and will quite fairly be criticised for it, I do believe Clement is very much the right man to turn our club around. I think his management of the club until this point has been outstanding. He is doing a good job and it is a very difficult job at that.

He is very honest and he knows what the problems are. Aluko was, once upon a time a very good player, he is also our record signing. Clement dropped Aluko for two games and showed him that he will drop him if he carries on under performing. He gave Aluko another chance tonight to have a way back in. But, sadly Aluko has again failed to put a performance in and Clement has no obligation to Aluko to play him again on Saturday. I would think that Aluko is now further away from a first team start than ever. He was dropped, then given another chance to deliver a performance and then failed again. I doubt Clement will give Aluko another opportunity anytime soon.

This is going to be a long and tough job for Clement to get us back on the right track, playing good football with desire and hunger in the way that Brentford demonstrated on Saturday. He will need numerous transfer windows and good recruiting. He will need a thick skin and will have to ignore alot of the bull sh*t that will be spouted on HNA and in the twittersphere.

Its better if we can just be patient and keep our moaning and whining to a minimum. But we are football fans at the end of the day and it is our job to talk total b*llocks. The important thing is that Gourlay, Clement and the owners take our words with a large pinch of salt and make sure they back our manager with the time and money to sort out the mess. Whilst, we often continue to be dreadful on the pitch, there are signs that Clement is turning this ship around.

Let's keep the faith and support the Royals even more now. That is what they need. They need our unconditional support.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 02 Oct 2018 23:58

Well that wasn't great was it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2018 00:01

I’m in the Clement out camp now. As soon as I heard Aluko and Kelly were starting my optimism disappeared. I was also annoyed by Clement’s refusal to bring Swift and Sims on until after QPR scored. They were both on the touch line waiting to come in for over five minutes. Best part of the night was talking about the mess the club is in with a fellow fan on the bus back to Mereoak.

Walker 6 A couple of decent saves
Gunter 6 Much more positive
Yiadom 6 A mixed bag of good runs forward but iffy passes
Moore 5 Really poor first twenty but ok thereafter. Too slow bringing the ball out of defence
Illori 6 Decent and one cracking last ditch challenge in the first half
Ezatolahi 5 Broke up play well but too slow on the ball
Kelly 4 Hopelessly out of it in the first half. Needs a League 1 loan
Bacuna 6 Busy and pushed forward well
Barrow 5 Not at his best and rarely got the better of his opponents
Aluko 4 Dreadful crossing. Never got the ball past the first line of defence
Meite 6 Worked really hard and unlucky not to score

Sims 4 Really poor and kept coming infield when he needed to be out wide
Swift 5 Was being marked by two players who really closed him down so it was difficult for him
McNulty 5 Barely involved.

Andy Davies 2 The worst reffing I have seen in a long time.

Why are our players so oxf*rd injury prone?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Oct 2018 00:06

Top Flight Another awful performance at home. Another opportunity to win a game of football against a beatable team wasted.

How Aluko was selected for the game, I just don't really understand it. Clement explained that players were cramping up on Saturday at Griffin Park so he decided to make some changes, rotate the squad and keep things as fresh as possible. But how that allows Aluko back in, I just don't know. Sims has made an impact in every game he has played for us apart from perhaps tonight. He didn't start at Griffin despite playing very well against Hull and making a big impact in numerous games especially to set up the winner at Preston. I thought Sims should have started tonight.

However, as much as I think Clement could have done better tonight with his team selection and will quite fairly be criticised for it, I do believe Clement is very much the right man to turn our club around. I think his management of the club until this point has been outstanding. He is doing a good job and it is a very difficult job at that.

He is very honest and he knows what the problems are. Aluko was, once upon a time a very good player, he is also our record signing. Clement dropped Aluko for two games and showed him that he will drop him if he carries on under performing. He gave Aluko another chance tonight to have a way back in. But, sadly Aluko has again failed to put a performance in and Clement has no obligation to Aluko to play him again on Saturday. I would think that Aluko is now further away from a first team start than ever. He was dropped, then given another chance to deliver a performance and then failed again. I doubt Clement will give Aluko another opportunity anytime soon.

This is going to be a long and tough job for Clement to get us back on the right track, playing good football with desire and hunger in the way that Brentford demonstrated on Saturday. He will need numerous transfer windows and good recruiting. He will need a thick skin and will have to ignore alot of the bull sh*t that will be spouted on HNA and in the twittersphere.

Its better if we can just be patient and keep our moaning and whining to a minimum. But we are football fans at the end of the day and it is our job to talk total b*llocks. The important thing is that Gourlay, Clement and the owners take our words with a large pinch of salt and make sure they back our manager with the time and money to sort out the mess. Whilst, we often continue to be dreadful on the pitch, there are signs that Clement is turning this ship around.

Let's keep the faith and support the Royals even more now. That is what they need. They need our unconditional support.

Totally disagree. Poor team selections. As Stam did, tinkers with with personel so we end up with inconsistent performances lacking in any confidence or focus. The team lacks motivation and any real personality.

Results and performances have been exceptionally poor with no real progress. Every time we have had a chance to pull away from trouble we throw it away. Tonight being a perfect example.

The teams we have lost to this season have been shocking.

The manager doesn’t seem to have any answers. I’m struggling to see any outcome other than relegation.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 03 Oct 2018 00:07

Zip I was also annoyed by Clement’s refusal to bring Swift and Sims on until after QPR scored. They were both on the touch line waiting to come in for over five minutes.

I think it was because of the corners that QPR had. He didn't want to make changes and bring players on who are not exactly known for their defensive aerial capabilities whilst Rangers were lining up these corners. He wanted to make the change when the ball was out of harms way for a throw in. To be fair, I thought Clement was right not to bring on the pint sized Sims and the attacking, not defensive midfielder Swift when we had two corners to defend. It was only recently at Preston where we conceded immediately after making a substitution.

The fact that we were unable to defend the corners anyway and let in a goal was extremely frustrating and infuriating for Clement and all of us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2018 00:08

windermereROYAL Lost count of the number of offensive free kicks and corners QPR had, one of them had to come off in the end.

Yep and Ezatolahi was the main offender giving away some really silly free kicks. What really was so poor was the way we allowed QPR’s midfield to control the first half. There was no pressure on the ball. It was Norwich all over again.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2018 00:09

Top Flight
Zip I was also annoyed by Clement’s refusal to bring Swift and Sims on until after QPR scored. They were both on the touch line waiting to come in for over five minutes.

I think it was because of the corners that QPR had. He didn't want to make changes and bring players on who are not exactly known for their defensive aerial capabilities whilst Rangers were lining up these corners. He wanted to make the change when the ball was out of harms way for a throw in. To be fair, I thought Clement was right not to bring on the pint sized Sims and the attacking, not defensive midfielder Swift when we had two corners to defend. It was only recently at Preston where we conceded immediately after making a substitution.

The fact that we were unable to defend the corners anyway and let in a goal was extremely frustrating and infuriating for Clement and all of us.

They were both standing on the touch line for about three minutes before the fakes had their corners though.

biff

by biff » 03 Oct 2018 00:10

To top off a royally shite evening, we got locked in Costco carpark having spent 400 quid in there pre match. Absolute w4nkers.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 03 Oct 2018 00:14

Clement out. Don't care who we get in. I'm not inspired by him at all.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 03 Oct 2018 00:14

leon
Top Flight Another awful performance at home. Another opportunity to win a game of football against a beatable team wasted.

Totally disagree. Poor team selections. As Stam did, tinkers with with personel so we end up with inconsistent performances lacking in any confidence or focus. The team lacks motivation and any real personality.

Results and performances have been exceptionally poor with no real progress. Every time we have had a chance to pull away from trouble we throw it away. Tonight being a perfect example.

The manager doesn’t seem to have any answers. I’m struggling to see any outcome other than relegation.

He explained on Berks that players were cramping up at Brentford and were very tired.

But, still, Sims should have started ahead of Aluko. Sims didn't start at Brentford and wouldn't have been one of the tired, cramping up players.

Clement is learning his lessons with Aluko. He doesn't seem like a manager that is totally stumped and hasn't got any idea how to put things right. I think he knows exactly what is wrong and I think he knows how to put it right. The problem is he can't put it right on his own. He needs the help and support of others. The current failings at RFC are not Clements failings. These failings are going on around him, below him and above him. Sacking Clement won't solve anything. He is the one we need to back. Clement can only solve the problems if he is supported by Gourley, the owners and by us supporters as well.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2018 00:20

Top Flight
leon

He explained on Berks that players were cramping up at Brentford and were very tired.

But, still, Sims should have started ahead of Aluko. Sims didn't start at Brentford and wouldn't have been one of the tired, cramping up players.

Clement is learning his lessons with Aluko. He doesn't seem like a manager that is totally stumped and hasn't got any idea how to put things right. I think he knows exactly what is wrong and I think he knows how to put it right. The problem is he can't put it right on his own. He needs the help and support of others. The current failings at RFC are not Clements failings. These failings are going on around him, below him and above him. Sacking Clement won't solve anything. He is the one we need to back. Clement can only solve the problems if he is supported by Gourley, the owners and by us supporters as well.

I heard the interview and the cramp stuff was so lame. They are supposed to be professional athletes. Yes some had cramp three days ago. So what? There was me thinking QPR had a game last Saturday too. Not good enough. Top Flight this is not a dig at you. I’m just thoroughly pissed off with what’s going on. We are a mess.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 03 Oct 2018 00:26

Zip
Top Flight
leon

I heard the interview and the cramp stuff was so lame. They are supposed to be professional athletes. Yes some had cramp three days ago. So what? There was me thinking QPR had a game last Saturday too. Not good enough. Top Flight this is not a dig at you. I’m just thoroughly pissed off with what’s going on. We are a mess.

Well, Clement admitted that he made a mistake. He has learned his lesson. No one is denying that we are cr*p at the moment. We have been cr*p for most of the last decade. But, we can't keep calling for managers to be sacked when they have only been in the job for 6 months. The RFC project is a minimum 3 year commitment. Realistically, I think it needs 5 years to sort this team out.

We have been sacking bosses for fun over the last ten years. It has become a bit of a sport. Just appointing them and then hunting them down. It's getting us nowhere. Clement is clearly an intelligent and honest guy. He is a great coach and he looks a good manager. Its the players that need changing, not the manager.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2018 00:29

Top Flight
Zip
Top Flight

Well, Clement admitted that he made a mistake. He has learned his lesson. No one is denying that we are cr*p at the moment. We have been cr*p for most of the last decade. But, we can't keep calling for managers to be sacked when they have only been in the job for 6 months. The RFC project is a minimum 3 year commitment. Realistically, I think it needs 5 years to sort this team out.

We have been sacking bosses for fun over the last ten years. It has become a bit of a sport. Just appointing them and then hunting them down. It's getting us nowhere. Clement is clearly an intelligent and honest guy. He is a great coach and he looks a good manager. Its the players that need changing, not the manager.

I think you are being very generous to Clement. He clearly isn’t motivating them as they are coming out of the traps so slowly. The formation was woeful tonight. He did nothing to change things throughout the first half. Would you stick with him if we go down?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 03 Oct 2018 00:35

Zip
Top Flight
Zip

I think you are being very generous to Clement. He clearly isn’t motivating them as they are coming out of the traps so slowly. The formation was woeful tonight. He did nothing to change things throughout the first half. Would you stick with him if we go down?

Not even Coppell would be able to motivate this lot. Coppell's answer is to recruit the right people in the first place. The right characters. People that have something to prove.

I don't think any manager, Guardiola included would be able to get more from this group than Clement.

The job that Clement faces is a minimum three year project. If Clement goes and someone else comes in it will take them at least three years as well and results in the first two years will look very dodgy again. Each time we sack a manager we just restart the RFC project from square one and begin another three year wait. We keep putting back the glory days every time we kick a manager out the door. If we had shown patience to McDermott and he was still our manager today, we would be watching a very hungry, motivated full of desire Reading team. But we keep prolonging this agony by sacking our managers and never giving them a chance to build a club.

Patience is the only word for this. Patience. We have to show it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2018 00:39

Top Flight
Zip
Top Flight

Not even Coppell would be able to motivate this lot. Coppell's answer is to recruit the right people in the first place. The right characters. People that have something to prove.

I don't think any manager, Guardiola included would be able to get more from this group than Clement.

The job that Clement faces is a minimum three year project. If Clement goes and someone else comes in it will take them at least three years as well and results in the first two years will look very dodgy again. Each time we sack a manager we just restart the RFC project from square one and begin another three year wait. We keep putting back the glory days every time we kick a manager out the door. If we had shown patience to McDermott and he was still our manager today, we would be watching a very hungry, motivated full of desire Reading team. But we keep prolonging this agony by sacking our managers and never giving them a chance to build a club.

Patience is the only word for this. Patience. We have to show it.

So if he takes us down do you still back him? I’m not saying I disagree with your comments above but relegation would be a disaster with zero guarantee we would bounce back.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 03 Oct 2018 00:41

Well I can’t say I enjoyed a five straight home defeat given I missed the hull game. Nothing I saw tonight has convinced me otherwise that we could be heading through the trap door in May. There is an air of inevitability that after several poor seasons (minus the miracle playoff season) things have come to a head. Poor transfer policy,poor squad management,rewarding new contracts,ownership issues,players playing way below par you name it it’s a recipe for bad news. I think who ever steers the ship will have a hard time to be honest. Clement doesn’t shirk a question but I can’t say I buy into his philosophy-do we even have one and what style or formation can we even expect? A big next three games and if they are winless I can’t see him remaining. Maybe we just get Gibbs or someone in for the season and accept whatever the outcome.

It is farcical given that on paper this team should be hum drum mid table. However we have too many players who have been bought from failing championship/premsides (Edwards,bacuna,meyler,meyler,Mannone) to name few so it’s not hard to see how the rot has set in.

The days of seeing 20k plus attendances seem a million miles away, it’s all just very sad given this fixture even a three four years ago would have got 18000 or so through the doors. It really reminds me of the dark days after burns in tumble weed sub 10000 crowds or the dying embers of Jimmy and mick with the inevitable bullivant relegation.

Typical that our strikers start producing the goods and then injuries disrupt everything. What I would say is that it beggars belief that a 28 goal individual still sits on the bench when Meite who lets be honest looks he is at risk of dropping through the leagues(yes great endeavour but minimal quality) still gets the nod. What is the point of getting him I. If he is bought on as last resort....

Bacuna was dreadful I thought today. An example of someone who you don’t want when things are tough-his end at villa should highlight that. I think Kelly needs a rest or even a loan in January-he really cannot control the midfield anymore. As for Aluko jeeeez... he was crossing the ball like it weighed twenty stones, can it be that hard to produce at least 50 percent of decent crosses in,I mean surely it is repeated over and over and over on the training ground. His pea roller led to the counter attack rangers should have scored from, he makes Paul brooker look classy. The right hand side is without a doubt the weakest,pea hearted and switched off I think I have ever known-ohhh for the days of even a glimpse of the murty/little combo.....

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2018 00:49

On 87 minutes Moore slowly brings the ball out of defence before playing a sideways pass. The ball is then passed forward then back again and then sideways again. Were we 1 up at the time?

144 posts