MATCHWATCH : Millwall (h) sponsored by Terry Hurlock

140 posts
Kulshaw72RFC

Re: MATCHWATCH : Millwall (h) sponsored by Terry Hurlock

by Kulshaw72RFC » 17 Oct 2018 07:52

Armadillo Roadkill I don’t know. Maybe there will be goals. Maybe Reading will play really well but lose heroically. Maybe they’ll be pants and lose. Unheroically. Maybe a unicorn will land of the pitch. Maybe Dave Edwards is still alive. Who knows?

All bets are off. Storm clouds, dark omens, dire predictions; all swirl around the majestic Mad Stad like a vortex in the whirlpool in an oil slick. Sweat, blood, tears. We know it. It’s in the air. Strained sinews in the heat of battle. The darkened, bruised sky over our beloved Berkshire. A rectangle of grass, the effort and exertion of our valiant warriors, flags flying, honour challenged and defended. The flight of the ball, the caress of the cross field sprayed pass, the gonad-twisting crunch of a flying tackle.

Injuries, adjudicational errors, umami-laced hydrogenated and saturated fat snack, effluent influenced beverages. Sone-A-frikkin-Luko.

It will be massive. Snarling, angry, Monkees-hit-singing, Thames-Valley-Police baiting massive.

International break can kiss my arse.

u ok hun? xxx

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Oct 2018 09:34

Kulshaw72RFC
windermereROYAL Saeid Ezatolahi picked up an injury on international duty, no details how bad, we`re fcuking jinxed :shock:

https://twitter.com/TalkReading/status/ ... 4035502080

We may aswell relegate ourselves now.

Iran beat Bolivia 2-1 but Eza missed the game completely, not even on the bench, so the doubt was founded.

Get ready to welcome back David Meyler though.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 17 Oct 2018 10:13

Sutekh
Kulshaw72RFC
windermereROYAL Saeid Ezatolahi picked up an injury on international duty, no details how bad, we`re fcuking jinxed :shock:

https://twitter.com/TalkReading/status/ ... 4035502080

Iran beat Bolivia 2-1 but Eza missed the game completely, not even on the bench, so the doubt was founded.

OH GOOD GOD!!! It can only get worse if we decide to sign Rasiak and Fae.

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 17 Oct 2018 11:22

Kulshaw72RFC
Sutekh
Kulshaw72RFC

Still look on the brightside Gunter and Aluko are fit.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 17 Oct 2018 11:24

Henley Royal 1
Kulshaw72RFC
Sutekh

Still look on the brightside Gunter and Aluko are fit.

:( :( :(

If we win then we are really in a Paradoxical universe.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Oct 2018 15:41

According to the manager at today's press conference Baldock and Bodvarsson are not likely to make the Millwall game but should make Birmingham.

And O'Shea is hopeful he'll be ready for Swansea next week.

Apparently Sims is pushing Aluko for a start (I'd never have expected that - but I guess that's why he's the manager :roll: )

Ezatolahi is due for a scan but the current assessment is it's just a short term injury (so that'll be 6 months then if I know Reading's luck in this area).

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Oct 2018 15:51

yeah wasn't a particularly inspiring conference that, at least from the J Lows quotes

Less than optimistic for this game. Or Birmingham for that matter.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Oct 2018 16:16

Sutekh Apparently Sims is pushing Aluko for a start (I'd never have expected that - but I guess that's why he's the manager :roll: )

Shit! When did Sims have a leg amputated to only be pushing Aluko for a start?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Oct 2018 16:24

Armadillo Roadkill I don’t know. Maybe there will be goals. Maybe Reading will play really well but lose heroically. Maybe they’ll be pants and lose. Unheroically. Maybe a unicorn will land of the pitch. Maybe Dave Edwards is still alive. Who knows?

All bets are off. Storm clouds, dark omens, dire predictions; all swirl around the majestic Mad Stad like a vortex in the whirlpool in an oil slick. Sweat, blood, tears. We know it. It’s in the air. Strained sinews in the heat of battle. The darkened, bruised sky over our beloved Berkshire. A rectangle of grass, the effort and exertion of our valiant warriors, flags flying, honour challenged and defended. The flight of the ball, the caress of the cross field sprayed pass, the gonad-twisting crunch of a flying tackle.

Injuries, adjudicational errors, umami-laced hydrogenated and saturated fat snack, effluent influenced beverages. Sone-A-frikkin-Luko.

It will be massive. Snarling, angry, Monkees-hit-singing, Thames-Valley-Police baiting massive.

International break can kiss my arse.

Superb :lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Oct 2018 17:27

Yep Ezatolahi out for two or three weeks. Baldock may be available but Bodvarsson isn’t back in training so I can’t see him being available. :roll:

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 18 Oct 2018 19:44

If Millwall (#place any team here) want it and attack they’ll have it.
Expecting a 0-2 loss at least on Saturday.
O’Shea injured? Baldock and Bod seem out. Ezra out and all the usuals out.
Looking forward to a Meyer, Kelly, Aluko midfield.
Christ this has got desperate.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Oct 2018 21:08

Really baffled by this blind defence of Aluko, really odd. Of course I'm not expecting Clement to rip his player to shreds but his comments today were above and beyond what is necessary. What must Sims be thinking at the moment? The bloke knows there's nothing he can do to get a start.

Would love to know if Aluko has a clause in his deal regarding minimum playing time.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 18 Oct 2018 21:42, edited 1 time in total.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 18 Oct 2018 21:34

Old Man Andrews Really baffled by this blond defence of Aluko, really odd. Of course I'm not expecting Clement to rip his player to shreds but his comments today were above and beyond what is necessary. What must Sims be thinking at the moment? The bloke knows there's nothing he can do to get a start.

Would love to know if Aluko has a clause in his deal regarding minimum playing time.

Aluko isn't even blond!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Oct 2018 21:42

muirinho
Old Man Andrews Really baffled by this blond defence of Aluko, really odd. Of course I'm not expecting Clement to rip his player to shreds but his comments today were above and beyond what is necessary. What must Sims be thinking at the moment? The bloke knows there's nothing he can do to get a start.

Aluko isn't even blond!

It might be what's missing from his game!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Oct 2018 07:16

Old Man Andrews
muirinho

Aluko isn't even blond!

It might be what's missing from his game!

Along with talent, pace, desire, positional sense etc etc

Thought the comments on aluko sounded more like what Gourlay would have been telling PC tbh

edit: Jlow has posted the full transcript now and it reads a bit better. PC not really hiding the fact that he is playing sh!t

https://www.football.london/reading-fc/ ... c-15298400

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Oct 2018 14:51

Old Man Andrews Would love to know if Aluko has a clause in his deal regarding minimum playing time.

I have absolutely no doubt that this is the case.

Maybe if and when Clement writes an autobiography we might find out what is really going on.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Oct 2018 15:13

no clause, but sure Gourlay is putting the pressure on to play him and make his big signing look less of an absolute disaster than we all know it is

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Oct 2018 15:34

muirinho

Aluko isn't even blond!

He plays like he's blind though.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Oct 2018 14:13

Team

Jaakkola
Yiadom
Moore
Bacuna
Baldock
Swift
McCleary
Ilori
Meite
Blackett
Kelly

Subs

Legg
Gunter
Aluko
Meyler
Sims
McNulty
Rinomhota

Surely can't have both keepers crocked now can we???

Barrow also?

How much of this selection is injury driven and how much is desperation?

Swift wide left and midfield overrun. These games should have some form of warning like weather forecasts get.
Last edited by Sutekh on 20 Oct 2018 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Oct 2018 14:17

That lineup....clement must be drawing names out of a hat.

140 posts