Whats wrong with our training???

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Whats wrong with our training???

by BR0B0T » 02 Nov 2018 14:32

paddy20 Yet more injuries injury this time to Jaakkola & Yiadom. I make that 12 players injured since the beginning of this season. You would normally expect 2/3. What on earth is happening. An ex-pro I spoke to said this is what happens when there is unrest and the team's playing badly. Its probably and perhaps over training

tell me the mean number* of injuries throughout the league and what standard deviation RFC is from it

if you don't know it, you shouldn't really be commenting as you're guessing

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 02 Nov 2018 14:33

Coppells Lost Coat
Forbury Lion
2 world wars, 1 world cup Purely rumour but as I say in my only ever rumour post one of the things I was told by a reputable insider friend that the owners got rid of our perfectly good doctor/medic/not sure what exactly and replaced him with someone they wanted who is a plastic surgeon by trade (for some context within the medical world plastic surgeons are regarded as good at plastic surgery but useless at anything else vaguely medical so this is regarded a joke of a change).

Basically they got rid of our own good man to get their own shit man in.

No idea how true this is and I appreciate it's rather vague ir if it would affect training at all. I'm hoping someone who knows more about RFC who is allowed to say might help.
If that's true, maybe some of our "injured" players will look more handsome when they return to the match day squad.

Maybe this explains where Pelle C and Popa have been. Maybe they'll turn up in Jan looking like new signings.
Make them look like Cristiano Ronaldo and sell them sold as seen.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Nov 2018 14:35

some of our injuries (Harriott, Richards, Clement, Popa and Edwards) have probably made little difference to the first team either

The only injuries that have really affected us are Bod, Eza and to a lesser extent Baldock

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Nov 2018 14:39

Forbury Lion
paddy20 Yet more injuries injury this time to Jaakkola & Yiadom.
Do we have a 4th choice keeper available or are two whose names I can't even remember back from injury?
Yiadom will be missed, but not as much as having no goalkeeper.

Walker has been on the bench for the last 2 games so will return if Jaakkola fails his fitness test - unless of course he gets injured again.

I presume Mannone still has an ankle problem although Clement said he was very close to playing 2 weeks ago so perhaps he's just been dropped to 3rd choice. Guess we'll find out which tomorrow if Jaakkola isn't involved.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Nov 2018 14:42

Sutekh
Forbury Lion
Do we have a 4th choice keeper available or are two whose names I can't even remember back from injury?

Walker has been on the bench for the last 2 games so will return if Jaakkola fails his fitness test - unless of course he gets injured again.

I presume Mannone still has an ankle problem although Clement said he was very close to playing 2 weeks ago so perhaps he's just been dropped to 3rd choice. Guess we'll find out which tomorrow if Jaakkola isn't involved.

We have Dave Beasant too if things get really desperate.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 02 Nov 2018 15:24

Hound some of our injuries (Harriott, Richards, Clement, Popa and Edwards) have probably made little difference to the first team either

The only injuries that have really affected us are Bod, Eza and to a lesser extent Baldock

I would add Obita to that list of important injuries

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 02 Nov 2018 15:33

Forbury Lion

Special dispensation from the FA. Nearest defender is back ‘n hand.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Nov 2018 15:34

3points
Hound some of our injuries (Harriott, Richards, Clement, Popa and Edwards) have probably made little difference to the first team either

well I would, but I'm not sure a lot could have been done to avoid that. Though as said elsewhere, the time taken to come back is starting to be worryingly long. Not heard a bean about a comeback being due. Going to be Jan at the earliest now

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Nov 2018 15:37

Hound
3points

well I would, but I'm not sure a lot could have been done to avoid that. Though as said elsewhere, the time taken to come back is starting to be worryingly long. Not heard a bean about a comeback being due. Going to be Jan at the earliest now

Obita has been at Bracknell Town recently in their chryo chamber and training alone on the pitch.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Nov 2018 15:55

Old Man Andrews
Hound
3points I would add Obita to that list of important injuries

Obita has been at Bracknell Town recently in their chryo chamber and training alone on the pitch.

sounds positive. How is he getting on?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Nov 2018 16:19

Hound
Old Man Andrews
Hound

Really not sure on that front. Just know a couple of people at the club who told me he's been down a couple of times. Really worried he won't be the player he was though.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 02 Nov 2018 17:10

Hound
Old Man Andrews Obita has been at Bracknell Town recently in their chryo chamber and training alone on the pitch.
No disrespect to Bracknell Town, but if they can afford a Chryo Chamber, Why don't we have one of our own - It's not as if the club won't get regular use out of it.... unless ours is already fully booked because of our injuries.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 02 Nov 2018 17:26

BR0B0T
paddy20 Yet more injuries injury this time to Jaakkola & Yiadom. I make that 12 players injured since the beginning of this season. You would normally expect 2/3. What on earth is happening. An ex-pro I spoke to said this is what happens when there is unrest and the team's playing badly. Its probably and perhaps over training

tell me the mean number* of injuries throughout the league and what standard deviation RFC is from it

Stats are fine of course but having watched Reading for 56 years just don't remember so many injuries. I understand we still have free speech in the UK so I reserve the right to put my point of view as I support your right to disagree. I might also add statisticians don't make great businessmen but that would perhaps be unkind.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Nov 2018 17:52

BR0B0T
CountryRoyal
Old Man Andrews Every team has injuries, we will have no more or less than other Championship sides.

Not true. Statistically success is inversely proportional to amount of players used. The teams that do better use the least (have a settler squad, less injuries) and the opposite for the worst.

You're going to have to provide numbers!

Since the 2004/05 season the average league position for the 3 teams that used the least players was 7th and 18th for the 3 teams who used the most. In 7 out of the last 14 seasons, the team who used the most players was relegated. 45% of all teams that are in the top 3 for most players used, finish 21st or below. In 9 out of 14 of the seasons at least 2 of the top 3 teams to use the least players, finished in the playoffs. Every season included at least one team who finished in the playoffs.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/champions ... ilter=alle

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Nov 2018 18:05

No surprise though is it?

Team doing well keeps picking the same players, team losing tries lots of different players to try to turn things around

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Nov 2018 18:10

Hound No surprise though is it?

Team doing well keeps picking the same players, team losing tries lots of different players to try to turn things around

Pretty much, injuries also will also play a role in that too, but good luck trying to work out to what extent!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Nov 2018 18:24

Sutekh Got to say though the continual number of injuries this club manages to pick up in training since Stam arrived beggars belief and is beyond "bad luck". There must be something wrong somewhere, if not with training itself then the general approach to and player fitness.

I agree. OMA and Hound are correct to say that other Championship teams get plenty of injuries and that the Championship is intensive. However we are very much at the high end of the lengthy injury lists. Brizzle have their keepers out injured I believe but it must be rare to have all three keepers injured at some stage inside the first three months of the season.

Just look back to the glory years under Coppell. We simply didn’t have this level of injuries on a constant basis. Perhaps players are less willing to play through niggly injuries.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 02 Nov 2018 21:16

CountryRoyal
BR0B0T
CountryRoyal
Not true. Statistically success is inversely proportional to amount of players used. The teams that do better use the least (have a settler squad, less injuries) and the opposite for the worst.

You're going to have to provide numbers!

Since the 2004/05 season the average league position for the 3 teams that used the least players was 7th and 18th for the 3 teams who used the most. In 7 out of the last 14 seasons, the team who used the most players was relegated. 45% of all teams that are in the top 3 for most players used, finish 21st or below. In 9 out of 14 of the seasons at least 2 of the top 3 teams to use the least players, finished in the playoffs. Every season included at least one team who finished in the playoffs.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/champions ... ilter=alle

I was just fcuking around with the minutiae of your statement...i.e. field one player. Was just skimming through really

But also glad to see the statement is backed up with actual numbers

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 02 Nov 2018 21:59

paddy20
BR0B0T

Stats are fine of course but having watched Reading for 56 years just don't remember so many injuries. I understand we still have free speech in the UK so I reserve the right to put my point of view as I support your right to disagree. I might also add statisticians don't make great businessmen but that would perhaps be unkind.

so you're basing it on incorrect memory recall with added human bias without bothering to actually check...magic!

You're second st8ment is also not based on fact

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 02 Nov 2018 22:01

Hound
Old Man Andrews
Hound

He’s losing 3-0