BFTG - Bristol City

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Bristol City

by Hound » 03 Nov 2018 20:06

Old Man Andrews
Royals and Racers Could someone who had a better view than me or watched it on TV tell me how far offside their player was for city`s first goal ??

Yiadom played him on.

Yep. And about 3 others

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Nov 2018 20:14

Am I the only one who thinks that we didnt play very well today? We still saw the game out though! Definitely a big win. Need to back it up with another home win next week.

Rinomhota was a shock selection but had a solid debut. Looked a little lightweight but the potential was there.

Kelly, O'Shea, Rinomhota, Baldock and Meite had good games. Yiadom and Moore were poor, the rest were ok.

The away fans (a pocket of them at least) were an embarrassment. Can't stand their batch who try and cause trouble.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Nov 2018 20:19

Nope, you’re not the only one - hence my ratings ^^^^

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Nov 2018 20:29

Hound Nope, you’re not the only one - hence my ratings ^^^^

Yep, am amazed at some of the high ratings here.

Attack-wise we were good. Defensively, pretty poor. Midfield just don't track runners enough, and defense were shambolic at times. Blackett in particular fannies about too much instead of clearing - he was very very lucky to get away with some of the stuff on the edge of the penalty area. Kelly had some good moments, but also some horrible lazy passes that put the receiver in instant trouble.

But they showed good resilience in plugging away to go back into the lead after letting in two soft equalisers.

Nearly had kittens though when Clement replaced Rinomhota with Swift! I'd have done the switching to a back 5 first.

Thought Rino had a good game, nice to get a win on your debut.

Also thought the referee was dreadful.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Nov 2018 20:31

Glad we can all agree on the ref

Utterly hopeless and seemed intent on giving Brizzle every opportunity to get the equaliser. Awful.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Nov 2018 20:35

Royal_jimmy Am I the only one who thinks that we didnt play very well today? .

Yes

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Nov 2018 20:37

Hound Glad we can all agree on the ref

Utterly hopeless and seemed intent on giving Brizzle every opportunity to get the equaliser. Awful.

Where the hell did he get 5 minutes added time from when the trainer didn`t come on once, and then played 7? hopeless.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Nov 2018 20:51

5 mins seemed spot on.
Long break around the Bacuna scuffle, Barrow ‘injury’, 5 substitutions, a goal, us wasting time

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 03 Nov 2018 20:51

If you don't enjoy that give up . Great game great fun , two pretty rubbish teams produced a great entertaining game. Yes there were lots of mistakes but this was outshined by the result and three top goals for us especially Kelly's scorcher.

Fingers crossed the result to see us push on though I fear the opposition today flattered us.

Great to have a happy Saturday night, well played Reading .

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Nov 2018 20:54

Overall a most enjoyable game. We look decent going forward and dodgy defensively.
Blackett is worth the admission on his own. Just superb to see him showboating on the edge of his own area, love it.
Good to to see people throwing the usual fake stats into the equation. It doesn’t matter how many speculative shots ateam has if they don’t score !

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Nov 2018 20:58

O'Shea may have his limitations. But his influence may be the ingredient that really matters this season.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Nov 2018 20:58

Nameless Overall a most enjoyable game. We look decent going forward and dodgy defensively.
Blackett is worth the admission on his own. Just superb to see him showboating on the edge of his own area, love it.
Good to to see people throwing the usual fake stats into the equation. It doesn’t matter how many speculative shots ateam has if they don’t score !

Was surprised City had 21 shots, who make`s this shit up?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Nov 2018 20:59

Tbh those stats tell a misleading story of the game. Guessing most of those Brizzle shots were nowhere the goal or basically back passes

Mind you, don’t think their keeper actually made a save

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 03 Nov 2018 20:59

Hound Glad we can all agree on the ref

The Ref was utter shite, as was the East lino - personally I thought their first goal was o/s and need to see the replay.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Nov 2018 21:12

Gunny Fishcake If you don't enjoy that give up . Great game great fun , two pretty rubbish teams produced a great entertaining game. Yes there were lots of mistakes but this was outshined by the result and three top goals for us especially Kelly's scorcher.

Fingers crossed the result to see us push on though I fear the opposition today flattered us.

Best post on this thread.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Nov 2018 21:18

Hound
Zip
Hound Swift’s pass certainly wasn’t a ‘clearance’. That was a top notch through-ball

Whatevs Hound dog.

The one where Baldock got fouled?

100% that was a pass

Agree, it was a clearance-pass

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Nov 2018 21:22

Just a word on my view of us defensively.... it's very hard to see what exactly is going on at the far end of the pitch. Both the goals looked scrappy and poor to concede, but I didn't think Bristol actually threatened a great deal other than first half despite their shots.

All my defence related comments and scores pretty much only really relate to the second half when the play was directly in front of me. And I stand by my positive view of us defensively second half. It was hard work and backs to the wall, but we got there. There was the odd heart in mouth moment, but nothing you shouldn't expect at a goal up against a team above you with 20 minutes or less to go.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Nov 2018 21:25

Platypuss
Gunny Fishcake If you don't enjoy that give up . Great game great fun , two pretty rubbish teams produced a great entertaining game. Yes there were lots of mistakes but this was outshined by the result and three top goals for us especially Kelly's scorcher.

Best post on this thread.

As usual. we win the opposition are rubbish, we lose we are rubbish.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 03 Nov 2018 21:28

I've just been watching the Arsenal Liverpool game. Brilliant game full of amazing skill, speed and determination. Plenty of mistakes there too; they happen at all levels. So to write off Reading today because they weren't perfect is, forgive me for being so direct, deluded.

Great game of football. Much as I don't like aggressive or dirty play, I was kind of pleased with the number of yellows show to Reading today. I take it as a sign of real commitment. And that's what we got today from all of the Reading team: commitment. And that is first and foremost what we demand.

The first Bristol goal we were undone by a great pass, The second was a bit chaotic; many chances to clear the danger all missed until it went in. Other than that we were solid, aggressive and organised.

Other than that, what the eff more do you expect?

We freaking won, agains a team in 11th position, on a Saturday, at home. I feel an avalanche of celebratory lagers are imminent.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 03 Nov 2018 21:39

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Royalwaster
What even worse than Hull?

I would say so. For all their smug gifs and idiot fans, they had a pretty awful team

Nah, Hull were spectacularly bad. Brizzle were just shit like Weds and Bolton.

The same Hull that beat West Brom today.