Total votes: 99
Kulshaw72RFC

Re: The very latest in Clement In/Out Polls

by Kulshaw72RFC » 14 Nov 2018 17:52

leon
Top Flight
Tilehurstsouthbank
Royal Blue in 'Negative post shocker...'

I think Clement has actually done pretty well with his summer signings. We now have several decent options up front. Baldock has added a new dimension to our attacking play. McNulty looks very tidy with lots of clever movement and intelligent passes. If he gets more game time I think he could do pretty well for us. Meite tied down on a long term contract is now looking like a masterstroke from Clement. It makes all those pathetic moaners and complainers look rather idiotic now. Yiadom has been a fantastic signing and has managed to displace the vastly experienced Chris Gunter from the line-up. Meyler didn't live up to expectations but Ezatolahi looks like he will be the Real Deal for RFC. He reminds me of a young Steve Sidwell. The more he plays for us the better and better he will get.

O'Shea is a real leader at the back and wins everything in the air. Sims was looking a really good player. I'm not sure why he seems to be out of the picture completely at the moment. He is certainly a better option than Aluko. Maybe its the fact that he is a loan and there is no chance he will be joining us permanently so our own players must take priority.

If this is how well Clement has done with his first transfer window at the club, then I have to say that it is very impressive. He hasn't really got a lot wrong with those additions. He operated very astutely from an initial window. Looking to solve several of the problems that we have whilst his hands have been tied and he couldn't necessarily get the final solution in each position. It is as impressive a window of signings that I have seen from any Reading manager. He really has addressed many of the problems that we had.

Of course there is much more that needs to be done. He has to move players on and comply with Financial Fair Play before he can get the very best centre back or wide players or top striker. But for an opening window he has done a great job. I really hope he gets many more windows to work with because Clement is an absolutely top drawer manager. He will take us far if we give him the chance.

I wish I could get some of what you're on.

All that winning on betfair helps.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Nov 2018 13:12

I vote to stick with Clement, We are improving particularly with regards to scoring goals and he can see where the issues are and will likely have his eye on some new central defenders when the transfer window opens.

The football recently has been quite exciting and I always feel we can get a goal.... unfortunately I also always feel we'll let one in!

If we sack Clement, Does anyone actually believe Gourlay and co will hire someone better who can turn our season around for the better? - History suggest not, at least in the short term.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 15 Nov 2018 13:26

Clement in for now

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Nov 2018 13:53

Kulshaw72RFC Clement in for now

Same here. However it is very much on a knife edge for me. We need points from the next 3 games - otherwise his position will become untenable.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 15 Nov 2018 14:24

leon
Kulshaw72RFC Clement in for now

Same here. However it is very much on a knife edge for me. We need points from the next 3 games - otherwise his position will become untenable.

2 tricky away games and a very average Stoke.

3 points at least otherwise I think he must go. We cannot afford to wait about like last season, we need to act with plenty of time before Jan.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Nov 2018 19:03

If Clement keeps us up - or even takes us down and bounces back - then gets us competing in the top half within a couple of seasons, how fooking awesome will that be? Great story to experience.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Nov 2018 19:19

Forbury Lion I vote to stick with Clement, We are improving particularly with regards to scoring goals and he can see where the issues are and will likely have his eye on some new central defenders when the transfer window opens.

The football recently has been quite exciting and I always feel we can get a goal.... unfortunately I also always feel we'll let one in!

If we sack Clement, Does anyone actually believe Gourlay and co will hire someone better who can turn our season around for the better? - History suggest not, at least in the short term.

So Gourlay appointed a sh*t manager last time around then!

All this faith in Clueless Clem signing good players when the transfer window opens! He did a great job last time around didn't he - not! A couple he rates so highly that he won't play them - one being one of the big characters and leaders he wanted, a keeper who is no better at all than what we already had (probably worse). Another striker who doesn't get a look in and a winger on loan who he won't play. What's more the issues that he, and everyone else, can see were there when he took over last season and just as visible.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Nov 2018 19:20

Snowflake Royal If Clement keeps us up - or even takes us down and bounces back - then gets us competing in the top half within a couple of seasons, how fooking awesome will that be? Great story to experience.

That's like backing Jacob Rees Mogg to lead us to prosperity!

Orion

by Orion » 15 Nov 2018 19:24

RoyalBlue
Forbury Lion I vote to stick with Clement, We are improving particularly with regards to scoring goals and he can see where the issues are and will likely have his eye on some new central defenders when the transfer window opens.

All this faith in Clueless Clem signing good players when the transfer window opens! He did a great job last time around didn't he - not! A couple he rates so highly that he won't play them - one being one of the big characters and leaders he wanted, a keeper who is no better at all than what we already had (probably worse). Another striker who doesn't get a look in and a winger on loan who he won't play. What's more the issues that he, and everyone else, can see were there when he took over last season and just as visible.

Kind of spot on there.

Clements transfer window was a disaster.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Nov 2018 19:49

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal If Clement keeps us up - or even takes us down and bounces back - then gets us competing in the top half within a couple of seasons, how fooking awesome will that be? Great story to experience.

That's like backing Jacob Rees Mogg to lead us to prosperity!

Do one Negative Nancy.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Nov 2018 09:28

RoyalBlue

Maybe I should rephrase.

Does anyone actually believe Gourlay and co will hire someone to replace Clement right now who can do a better job and get better results than Clement for the rest of the season with the restraints and limitations in place?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Nov 2018 09:51

Forbury Lion
RoyalBlue

Maybe I should rephrase.

Does anyone actually believe Gourlay and co will hire someone to replace Clement right now who can do a better job and get better results than Clement for the rest of the season with the restraints and limitations in place?

Yes.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Nov 2018 13:26

NewCorkSeth
Forbury Lion
RoyalBlue

Maybe I should rephrase.

Yes.

I mean, I'm sure it's possible , more likely than Russel's teapot, but not by much and not bloody likely.