CONFIMRED José Gomes

313 posts
biff

Re: CONFIMRED José Gomes

by biff » 22 Dec 2018 19:06

Joorabchian is lining his pockets. No other explanation.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 22 Dec 2018 19:30

Snowflake Royal
Uke Remember how SSC’s appointment was greeted on here?

Let’s see how he does FFS

:lol: Comparisons to Coppell... dearie me.

Comparisons to how SSCs appointment was greeted, not SSC FFS

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 22 Dec 2018 19:31

Whoever the club appointed most on here would bitch after a keyboard scrutinise on google. Give the man a chance FFS.
Listening to his interview it sounds like our owners have ambitious plans for this little club and its current crop of shitty no mark supporters.
Why not wait and see what this man can bring before wetting the bed. Afterall, the damage was done long before this appointment.

Give him and the owners a chance and start supporting your club again, otherwise Liverpool look value for most of you.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Dec 2018 19:41

Trying to get a forrin manager in before Brexit bites I guess

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Dec 2018 19:43

Sutekh

:lol:

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 22 Dec 2018 19:44

Old Man Andrews
Barney
Old Man Andrews Already sick of the amount of idiots writing him off. He's not my first choice but it's moronic to write him off 15 minutes after being appointed.

Your "sources" said we were getting Ainsworth ?? You also said "you were in the know and had connections at WWFC".
So basically you were talking bollox.

No I didn't I said Ainsworth wanted it, the club didn't approach him. Learn to read bellend.

Sad old man. Ainsworth was never in the frame. Look at WWFC result today (loss at home to worst club in league one). Out of his league.
You've been spouting on about Ainsworth. Talking utter crap as usual. Enjoy your Saturday evening on your laptop you utter helmet.
And don't embarrass yourself even further by replying.

Fair play to Gomas. And if by any chance you read this horrendous site, please ignore the barrel load of muppets that write nonsense.
Good luck to you fella.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Dec 2018 19:46

windermereROYAL I`ve got a great idea, why don`t we see how it goes before dismissing him? I know it`s hard for some on here.

Yep. Let’s give him a chance. He faces one helluva job though.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Dec 2018 19:47

Welcome to Reading Jose :roll:
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 22 Dec 2018 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 22 Dec 2018 19:47

Uke
Snowflake Royal
Uke Remember how SSC’s appointment was greeted on here?

Let’s see how he does FFS

I don't really recall people saying the Coppell was a journeyman manager who'd achieved nothing of note, who didn't know anything about our division, or was suspected of only being selected because an agent/adviser was lining his pockets by getting the club to pick him.

You memory of it might differ.

Overall though, it's an underwhelming appointment which makes a lot of fans fear the drop even more, and worry about the competence of those running the club.

The implication though, that this means fans expressing that sentiment will be against the new guy, wanting him out the door, and hoping he'll fail, seems seriously misguided.

It's like all those times in recent recent years where we've made similar underwhelming and baffling signings, and people have expressed doubts about whether they were the right players for the job... when the put the shirt on and played for Reading, they got supported.

Don't confuse not thinking somebody will succeed with wanting them to fail.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Dec 2018 19:49

tmesis
Uke
Snowflake Royal

I don't really recall people saying the Coppell was a journeyman manager who'd achieved nothing of note, who didn't know anything about our division, or was suspected of only being selected because an agent/adviser was lining his pockets by getting the club to pick him.

You memory of it might differ.

Overall though, it's an underwhelming appointment which makes a lot of fans fear the drop even more, and worry about the competence of those running the club.

The implication though, that this means fans expressing that sentiment will be against the new guy, wanting him out the door, and hoping he'll fail, seems seriously misguided.

It's like all those times in recent recent years where we've made similar underwhelming and baffling signings, and people have expressed doubts about whether they were the right players for the job... when the put the shirt on and played for Reading, they got supported.

Don't confuse not thinking somebody will succeed with wanting them to fail.

Amazing so many people don't get it, isn't it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Dec 2018 19:50

Snowflake Royal
Uke https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/1076533234236866562

Our Christmas present is here

Let's give him a chance and see what he does, it can't be worse can it?

Of course it could be worse. That's been said at about the last three changes.

Best of luck to him, he's got a big job on his hands.

Listening to his interview. He's saying we've got plenty of players who can pass the ball and control the game so we need to try to do that. And we've also got plenty of quick players who can exploit space. I'm not sure I can really agree with that based on what I've seen over the last 18 months.

He does seem to say things that suggest he's got an appreciation for how hard the league and job is at least, although how much that actually tallies with reality is obviously something we'll see.

Millwall away in a relegation battle will give him a very good feel about how tough it’s going to be.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Dec 2018 20:52

Bring it on. He wants to come and will bring fresh ideas and coaching

Something needs to change and hopefully he’ll provide the necessary

Looking forward to seeing how he goes

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Dec 2018 20:57

Barney
Old Man Andrews Already sick of the amount of idiots writing him off. He's not my first choice but it's moronic to write him off 15 minutes after being appointed.

Your "sources" said we were getting Ainsworth ?? You also said "you were in the know and had connections at WWFC".
So basically you were talking bollox.

Umm Yeh. It's oma...

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Dec 2018 21:00

We're properly oxf*rd aren't we?Until clement was sacked I always thought we would survive this year. Now I feel almost certain we'll be going down. This division is incredibly hard. Expecting someone who has never managed in English football to turn things round in such a short space of time is an impossible task. Good luck Jose. I hope I'm wrong.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 22 Dec 2018 21:12

Just watched the interview, seems like a nice enough chap.
He may well surprise a few on here, hope he does well

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 22 Dec 2018 21:16

Old Man Andrews
PieEater
Sutekh JG is bringing 4 backroom staff with him.

So guess that means curtains for Gibbs, Beasant, Gilkes etc. unless they’re planning on over staffing in that area as well.

I think this is the major worry, the core of the club is being eroded.

Such a strong core who have managed to steer us to the heights of 21st place in the Championship. What a great job they've done.

Rare agreed..

Can't blame the owner. Sinking millions into heavily underperforming venture, with turgid ,winless , week after week performances, and the training setup retaiin their roles?

We were going down before the change, so what on earth have the Chinese got to lose?

A brave decision by them to make this change.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 22 Dec 2018 21:21

The core of the club can do one, along with half the squad.
I hope one of his backroom staff is a decent physio

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Dec 2018 21:24

El Diablo
Old Man Andrews
PieEater
I think this is the major worry, the core of the club is being eroded.

Such a strong core who have managed to steer us to the heights of 21st place in the Championship. What a great job they've done.

Rare agreed..

Can't blame the owner. Sinking millions into heavily underperforming venture, with turgid ,winless , week after week performances, and the training setup retaiin their roles?

We were going down before the change, so what on earth have the Chinese got to lose?

A brave decision by them to make this change.

+1

Though also agree with Jaeger that PC would have kept us up

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 22 Dec 2018 21:28

I get all the negativity prior to the appointment as each and everyone of us is entitled to our say and our view on whom we would like as the next manager. However, the appointment has now been made and whether we like it or not there is diddly squat we can do about it now!!

At the end of the day we are all Reading fans and we should all want whats best for the club, which at the moment is survival in the Chump. So instead of moaning and groaning lets get behind the new manager and back him and his staff and see where they can take us, and you never know......we may just win a few games.

PS everyone laughed at Solsjaer (Excuse my spelling) being give charge at Man U, but just look at their result today lol.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 22 Dec 2018 21:29

I will be interesting to see how many of our walking wounded suddenly get fit again.

313 posts