BFTG - Swansea

205 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Swansea

by leon » 04 Jan 2019 17:09

Snowflake Royal I think the idea that Ilori and Moore don't compliment each other's game and are too similar to be effective together has a lot of merit. Nothing wrong with not being a physical beast (Ingimarsson anyone?) But we do miss a bruiser.

I think Ilori in particular needs someone experienced and solid next to him as his worst games tended to be when paired with Blackett, who I think Moore would do better with.

Pearce, for all his faults, would be perfect alongside Moore or Ilori.

Ingimarsson had Sonko with him. So yes, a classic defensive partnership (Eg Bruce Pallister) one putsbthe head in the other clears up.

Although according to Kitson ingimarsson was a hard bastard who could definitely look after himself. (As was Gunnarsson)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Jan 2019 17:53

John Smith
Snowflake Royal
Hound again makes me ask the question of the point of O Shea.

If he isn't a big bruiser to combine with the likes of Ilori, then what is the point?

Know Ilori got a lot of (deserved) abuse after Swansea, but I was more disappointed with the complete lack of visibility of O Shea in the game. Just don't know what he did.

Nothing, because he has the mobility of a concrete tower block. Awful signing. Said so at the time.

The worrying thing for me was that a lot of people on here were happy with signing O'Shea. When was it ever going to work out for him at 37 and having just been relegated? Mindless signing.

I think a lot of us on here saw the O’Shea signing for what it was. Very poor. The other summer signings have, in the main, been poor too

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2019 18:04

Did one single person say O Shea was a good signing on here? If so, must have missed that one

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Jan 2019 18:06

Hound Did one single person say O Shea was a good signing on here? If so, must have missed that one

Don't think so, though some (including myself) were saying to give him a chance with us before writing him off.

Now that he's had a chance, I'm writing him off.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 Jan 2019 18:42

Hound Did one single person say O Shea was a good signing on here? If so, must have missed that one

I did. Clement saw the lack of character and fight in the squad. O'Shea was stop gap to add experience and leadership. Will be a good influence on the up and coming players. During the Hull game, was constantly in Rinomhota's ear.

205 posts