Clear out started

211 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Clear out started

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jan 2019 18:51

Brain Traysers Speaking of social media statements and the hokey cokey of the 'transfer list 5', here is our glorious leader's Twitter post on the rumour https://twitter.com/pmacca15

If he is OUT (of the 5), who does that leave as IN?

Meyler and Mannone?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Jan 2019 18:51

Brain Traysers Speaking of social media statements and the hokey cokey of the 'transfer list 5', here is our glorious leader's Twitter post on the rumour https://twitter.com/pmacca15

Don`t give a toss, he shouldn`t be anywhere near the first team after Blackburn, so called pro footallers don`t do that, you wouldn`t see that stuff at the local park on a Sunday morning.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 10 Jan 2019 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jan 2019 18:54

windermereROYAL

Don`t give a toss, he shouldb`t be anywhere near the first team after Blackburn, so called pro footallers don`t do that, you would see that stuff at the local park on a Sunday morning.

The fact that he was allowed to play a single minute more after that game is one of the reasons that Clement should have gone.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2019 19:00

Did he play another minute after that?

Anyway heard nothing on Baldock. Not mentioned in the presser

Gomes said he still expects another 5 or 6 to go

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Jan 2019 19:09

Hound Did he play another minute after that?

So Mannone, Meyler and McNulty would be three. Is he including Ilori? Blackett? Baldock seems out of favour so maybe he is one to go too.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 10 Jan 2019 19:13

According to Gomes today he wants one more player and prefers a small squad.

Happy with that. Hopefully we ship out a few more in the coming weeks.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Jan 2019 19:20

tidus_mi2
CountryRoyal
Linden Jones' Tash Vito not happy with being listed and ostracised according to social media post

Can't find what was said?

TBM
Hoop Blah Is all this Mannone chat based off the screenshot of that message he'd sent?

Wasn't that just said to be a fake?

What did the screenshot say?

I'm not 100% convinced that's genuine, but I'll assume it's not a fake for the sake of the debate.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2019 19:35

Zip

So Mannone, Meyler and McNulty would be three. Is he including Ilori? Blackett? Baldock seems out of favour so maybe he is one to go too.

Reckon either Bacuna or Kelly may go

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Jan 2019 19:42

Hound
Zip

With Ezatolahi still injured his loan deal may also be terminated.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jan 2019 20:11

CountryRoyal
windermereROYAL

Don`t give a toss, he shouldb`t be anywhere near the first team after Blackburn, so called pro footallers don`t do that, you would see that stuff at the local park on a Sunday morning.

The fact that he was allowed to play a single minute more after that game is one of the reasons that Clement should have gone.

Except he didn't play a single minute more after that game :roll: Whilst McShane is obviously past it, I've still seen worse individual performances from Reading defenders (Ilori last year at fault for all three goals against Derby) and they weren't criticized half as much

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Jan 2019 20:26

URZZZZ
CountryRoyal
windermereROYAL

Except he didn't play a single minute more after that game :roll: Whilst McShane is obviously past it, I've still seen worse individual performances from Reading defenders (Ilori last year at fault for all three goals against Derby) and they weren't criticized half as much

I have lost count of the cock ups Ilori has made yet some fans still rate him. Can’t wait to see him go.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 10 Jan 2019 21:04

If a Bacuna isn’t in the squad on Saturday then I think he’s one of the five. Perhaps JG was really hacked off with his sending off

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jan 2019 21:37

URZZZZ
CountryRoyal
windermereROYAL

Oops :oops: shocker there.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jan 2019 07:49

Vwibble

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jan 2019 07:53

Zip
Hound
Zip

I think we've got to assume anyone who started against Utd isn't going anywhere.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 11 Jan 2019 08:48

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Hound

I think we've got to assume anyone who started against Utd isn't going anywhere.

I think we can assume they're not part of the annexed 5 but I don't think it follows that they won't leave if a suitable offer comes in.

One thing Gomes made clear when talking about this wasn't just his preference for a smaller squad but also his preference for working with younger players.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jan 2019 09:01

Vision
Snowflake Royal
Zip

I think we can assume they're not part of the annexed 5 but I don't think it follows that they won't leave if a suitable offer comes in.

One thing Gomes made clear when talking about this wasn't just his preference for a smaller squad but also his preference for working with younger players.

yep, also he has just brought in two players in his position. He can't be that enamoured with what he has seen

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jan 2019 17:09

Vision
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Yes. I misspoke. That's what I meant.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Jan 2019 17:37

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Hound

Who else would have risked in a game that we were unlikely to get a result?

Gomes still needs to see what some players offer.

Seems to have decided that Aluko isn't a winger. (Though having had time to watch videos of old games he does the benefit of hindsight).

Yet to see his preferred playing formation.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jan 2019 17:52

Lower West
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Who else would have risked in a game that we were unlikely to get a result?

Gomes still needs to see what some players offer.

Seems to have decided that Aluko isn't a winger. (Though having had time to watch videos of old games he does the benefit of hindsight).

Yet to see his preferred playing formation.

Here's my thinking.

You're not going to experiment to see how players can do in Readings most attractive fixture of the season, when the standard of play and opposition will be totally different to what you can expect in the league, especially as players will raise their game. Not to mention the fact that a good performance could make a solid difference for you.

It tells you nothing of value.

Secondly, the consensus is that the players involved (for the most part) did well.

I also expect we've seen exactly which formation Gomes intends to play. He's had four games when time is very pressured. Unless he thinks he can have a month long preseason during the campaign (and nothing suggests he's stupid or incompetent) he's got to be trying to implement his approach asap.

211 posts