Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Derby (A)

by stealthpapes » 21 Jan 2019 13:55

:arrow: list thread

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2019 19:11

NewCorkSeth Most of the key points of the match seem to have been touched on so I can't really add much to the discussion here.

The only thing I will add is as a fan from a far I was delighted when ifollow added the commentary to the games but it's becoming unbearable to listen to them now. They both talk more shite than we do on here and that's pretty impressive.

Edit* actually there is one thing I'd like to say. On the basis of the last 2 games I would love to see a lineup like this:

-------------Jaakkola
Yiadom--Ilori--Moore--Blackett
---Rinomhota--Bacuna
-----Aluko--Swift--Barrow
-------------Bodvarson

Swift and Aluko are doing well under this philosophy and to maximise their effectiveness we need to play 2 AMCs. If Ezatolahi was fit I'd swap him for Barrow to add more steel to our mid.

So having had Aluko finally look like a footballer you'd put him back where he's been an utter abomination.

I like you Seth, but I do wonder if you're on acid sometimes.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Jan 2019 20:23

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Most of the key points of the match seem to have been touched on so I can't really add much to the discussion here.

The only thing I will add is as a fan from a far I was delighted when ifollow added the commentary to the games but it's becoming unbearable to listen to them now. They both talk more shite than we do on here and that's pretty impressive.

Edit* actually there is one thing I'd like to say. On the basis of the last 2 games I would love to see a lineup like this:

-------------Jaakkola
Yiadom--Ilori--Moore--Blackett
---Rinomhota--Bacuna
-----Aluko--Swift--Barrow
-------------Bodvarson

Swift and Aluko are doing well under this philosophy and to maximise their effectiveness we need to play 2 AMCs. If Ezatolahi was fit I'd swap him for Barrow to add more steel to our mid.

So having had Aluko finally look like a footballer you'd put him back where he's been an utter abomination.

I like you Seth, but I do wonder if you're on acid sometimes.

Not acid.. usually..
I wasn't super clear but I want the 3 to play as AMCs. Swift as a central advanced playmaker and Aluko and Barrow as roaming playmakers. It's hard to illustrate that I don't want Aluko and Barrow on the wings using the above formatting style.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2019 20:29

Ooof so narrow. Don't see that workable looks like a Football Manager exploit

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Jan 2019 20:59

Snowflake Royal Ooof so narrow. Don't see that workable looks like a Football Manager exploit

Tis narrow to be fair. It would rely on a shit load of movement from the 3 around Swift. I would prefer a Christmas tree with Aluko and Swift as the 2 AMCs but without Ezatolahi I can't see us having the CMs to run it for 90 minutes.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Jan 2019 11:23

URZZZZ Aluko was never a poor player, he was used in the wrong position as I said a long time ago, now he's being asked to play more central, he's playing a lot better, it wasn't rocket science. However, his attitude was poor and that was my biggest gripe with him, not his actual ability

Yeah I think you're right there. What was particularly annoying about him wasn't that he cost loads or that he was shit, it's that we all knew he had it in him, but (I) assumed he just wasn't trying. Either he has become inspired now by Gomes and his style or it's simply a case of him being more central now. I thought he played on the wing for Fulham though. I may be wrong.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Jan 2019 22:14

2 world wars, 1 world cup
URZZZZ Aluko was never a poor player, he was used in the wrong position as I said a long time ago, now he's being asked to play more central, he's playing a lot better, it wasn't rocket science. However, his attitude was poor and that was my biggest gripe with him, not his actual ability

Yeah I think you're right there. What was particularly annoying about him wasn't that he cost loads or that he was shit, it's that we all knew he had it in him, but (I) assumed he just wasn't trying. Either he has become inspired now by Gomes and his style or it's simply a case of him being more central now. I thought he played on the wing for Fulham though. I may be wrong.

I suppose at Fulham he played more of an "inverted winger" role where he spent the game tucking in and drifting into the centre. However, at Fulham he had Fredericks behind him who would bomb on and effectively become the right midfielder, so Aluko had the chance to drift in more. Here, he's had Gunter and Yiadom behind him who are no-where near as good going forward as Fredericks