Loan Player options to buy?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Loan Player options to buy?

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Feb 2019 15:46

Do we have any option to buy on the loan players at all? thought i saw something on Oliveira somewhere?

Personally would be interested in Martinez, Miazga, Oliveira and Ezotolahi if the option was there come the end of the season. Jury is still out on Baker and Ejaria

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Loan Player options to buy?

by Stranded » 15 Feb 2019 16:00

Plenty of discussion around what deal we have with Oliveria - seems there is something but no-one knows what.

Baker - Believe we have the option to sign permanently

Miazga, Martinez and Ejaria are just straight out loans at this point.

Ezotolahi - I'm not sure but give we haven't sent him back despite being out injured for 4 months makes me think that perhaps there is already a deal lined up and he will become a permanent signing in the summer - makes no sense for us not to cancel the loan otherwise given we cancelled Sims back in Jan.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Feb 2019 16:03

We definitely have an option on Ezatolohai. You’d hope we’dget Some kind of discount given how few games he’s played.
The fact that we haven’t sent him back makes me think this is a Stranded option rather than a Seth option.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Feb 2019 16:15

Nameless We definitely have an option on Ezatolohai. You’d hope we’dget Some kind of discount given how few games he’s played.
The fact that we haven’t sent him back makes me think this is a Stranded option rather than a Seth option.

Can this be the official HNA? Terminology for loans from now on?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Feb 2019 16:48

Isn’t Ezatolohi out of contract at the end of the season?

Would make things easier if so obvs

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Feb 2019 17:51

Hound Isn’t Ezatolohi out of contract at the end of the season?

Would make things easier if so obvs

Last thing I could find was he signed a 2 and a half year deal with Rostov in Feb 2017. Soooo..

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Feb 2019 18:09

My only concern with Ezatolahi aside from his injuries is that I'm not alone in genuinely believing he could be the answer to some of our midfield woes and it's all on the back of 4 promising cameos in a terminally shit midfield.

I'm worried that he's nowhere near as good as we've convinced ourselves he is,

That not withstanding, he seems technically good, is fairly strong in the tackle and has the makings of a decent box to box midfielder if he stays fit.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Feb 2019 18:14

From Despair To Where? My only concern with Ezatolahi aside from his injuries is that I'm not alone in genuinely believing he could be the answer to some of our midfield woes and it's all on the back of 4 promising cameos in a terminally shit midfield.

I’d rather go with a player who looked pretty useful after 4 games despite not being match fit or ever having played in this country than one who after roughly the same number of games looked utterly inept despite having extensive experience in this division and a bunch of international caps.
In other words given a choice I’d take a punt on Ezahotoli rather than end up playing Myler next season.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Feb 2019 18:15

None if we go down.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Feb 2019 18:17

Nameless
From Despair To Where? My only concern with Ezatolahi aside from his injuries is that I'm not alone in genuinely believing he could be the answer to some of our midfield woes and it's all on the back of 4 promising cameos in a terminally shit midfield.

I’d rather go with a player who looked pretty useful after 4 games despite not being match fit or ever having played in this country than one who after roughly the same number of games looked utterly inept despite having extensive experience in this division and a bunch of international caps.
In other words given a choice I’d take a punt on Ezahotoli rather than end up playing Myler next season.

Don't get me wrong, I wholeheartedly agree, It's just paranoia that we're building him up in his absence because the alternatives are so shit.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Feb 2019 18:18

From Despair To Where?
Nameless

Don't get me wrong, I wholeheartedly agree, It's just paranoia that we're building him up in his absence because the alternatives are so shit.

Stop it. He's god come again.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Feb 2019 18:46

Full Iranian international at 21 or whatever and played in the WC. Iran a decent side - some of their other players are going for £20m

I’m pretty sure he is a decent player from what I’ve seen

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 15 Feb 2019 23:10

That not withstanding, he seems technically good, is fairly strong in the tackle and has the makings of a decent box to box midfielder if he stays fit.

Good post and valid points, as usual. Like yourself, I liked (most of) what I saw in those 4 games. But yes, 4 games (or even more) is early doors and has been cited as being such for other players in the past.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Feb 2019 09:35

Still got this season to get out of the way and survive to realistically be able to sign any one of the current loan players.

If Reading do manage to stay up then Oliveira is a must but then I said that way back in 2017 when Reading were first linked with him and instead we all wound up with Aluko

Miazga should be the next target but it would probably take serious wedge for that west London lot to sell so a season loan might be more likely.

Martinez would be brilliant but may well be Arsenal's no.2 next season so that one happening might well be slim in the extreme.

Eza is another no brainer for me. Have to put some bite into the midfield and he appears to be able to offer that. If he is out of contract in the summer then even better.

Baker and Ejaria haven't really caught the eye in the same way but I would imagine their clubs would be open to offers, need to see more from them to convince me.

Overall though it's still early days with them all. Only takes a couple dud performances from them and no doubt we'll all be :| about them anyway.

Then, if they do carry on with the form they're showing, there's the inevitable interest that'll generate amongst other clubs some of whom may well be at a higher level than Reading.

For the record, anyone got what was said exactly about any options to buy Oliveira at the end of the season?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Feb 2019 09:44

Miazga is out of contract at the end of next season and could walk on a free as he will be 24. He won't be at Chelsea in 2020.

Maybe there'd be scope for a 6 month loan with an option to buy.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2019 10:41

Hound Full Iranian international at 21 or whatever and played in the WC. Iran a decent side - some of their other players are going for £20m

Yep. But we should understand what sort of player he is.

He's not going to score or create many goals and win us games that way. He's a central cog in the machine that will protect the defence and move the ball out simply.

I'd love to see him alongside Rinomhota. Those two and the improved defence and we could definitely afford luxury players in attack. I'd fancy a pretty darn good defensive record with them infront of our improved back 5.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 16 Feb 2019 10:51

Snowflake Royal
Hound Full Iranian international at 21 or whatever and played in the WC. Iran a decent side - some of their other players are going for £20m

Yep. But we should understand what sort of player he is.

He's not going to score or create many goals and win us games that way. He's a central cog in the machine that will protect the defence and move the ball out simply.

I'd love to see him alongside Rinomhota. Those two and the improved defence and we could definitely afford luxury players in attack. I'd fancy a pretty darn good defensive record with them infront of our improved back 5.

Am very much in agreement Ian.
From what we have seen so far he is not the box-to-box player that FDTW describes.
I do agree with FDTW that players so often become better in the eyes of fans the longer they are out of the team as, for example, Obita has become irreplaceable despite the faults that he had.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Feb 2019 11:09

I seem to remember Ezatolahi making a couple of the type of runs that Sidwell used to excel at, coming late into the box and getting on the end if crosses which is what leads me to think he's got more to his game than just being a defensive midfield minder.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2019 12:22

From Despair To Where? I seem to remember Ezatolahi making a couple of the type of runs that Sidwell used to excel at, coming late into the box and getting on the end if crosses which is what leads me to think he's got more to his game than just being a defensive midfield minder.

I'm not saying he doesn't have more to his game than just that. Just don't expect to see it very frequently. Obviously difficult to be sure how Gomes will use him... look at how he's asking Aluko to do different things, but if he follows Clement's pattern and his own with Rino and Kelly I wouldn't expect him to spend very much time near the oppo box.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Feb 2019 13:06

Would want him sitting in front of the back 4, coming forward for set pieces

Think he could be a vital cog if fully fit