windermereROYAL
JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo thanks

Prick.

Nice sig.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Rotherham United (h) sponsored by all or nothing

by Westwood52 » 20 Feb 2019 11:44

The sale of Bacuna and injuries to Ezad and Rino have left us very vulnerable.
I would go with Yiadom as an emergency CM-hopefully they have been working on it all week.
He's mobile, up for a battle, physical and has a good attitude.

But please, please , please don't pass the ball out to him from the back, as he will lose it.

THen:

Martinez
Gunter Miazga Moore Blackett
Baker Yiadom Swift
Meite Oliveira Barrow

Desperate times , call for desperate measures !

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Feb 2019 12:51

Westwood52 The sale of Bacuna and injuries to Ezad and Rino have left us very vulnerable.
I would go with Yiadom as an emergency CM-hopefully they have been working on it all week.
He's mobile, up for a battle, physical and has a good attitude.

But please, please , please don't pass the ball out to him from the back, as he will lose it.

THen:

Martinez
Gunter Miazga Moore Blackett
Baker Yiadom Swift
Meite Oliveira Barrow

Desperate times , call for desperate measures !

I get where you're coming from but I don't think this is a time for putting square pegs in round holes. I would rather have an U23 CDM playing who plays and trains there week in and week out rather than our best RB.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 20 Feb 2019 12:57

Midfield not a problem on Saturday, Rotherham bypass it.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Feb 2019 13:28

Difficult one this, Gomes has lots of decisions to make and unfortunately for the complete wrong reasons. I'd guess that if fit, Martinez, Yiadom, Moore, Miazga, Blackett, Swift and Oliveira are shoe ins to start with the other four up for contention

I would go with five at the back but that's not going to happen, it'll be the usual 4-2-3-1. With that in mind, I'd go

Martinez

Yiadom
Miazga
Moore
Blackett

Swift
Baker

McCleary
Meite
Richards

Oliveira

Walker, Gunter, McShane, East, Barrow, Harriott, Bodvarsson

Obviously if Kelly is fit, he can come in for the useless Baker, and if Aluko doesn't leave, him instead of Meite. Wouldn't put Ejaria in the squad even if he's fit, he's absolute garbage

Midfield would get overrun, but as someone else said, Rotherham don't really play with a midfield so it should be fine. They're absolute garbage in terms of quality, but they have unbelievable levels of fight, something I think could hinder us

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Feb 2019 17:52

Play O'Shea. 5 at the back/wingbacks. Moore is comfortable pushing forward with the ball.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 20 Feb 2019 20:32

Lower West Play O'Shea. 5 at the back/wingbacks. Moore is comfortable pushing forward with the ball.

+1

They don't have many weapons, but their aerial threat is one of them (esp given our weakness against it). It makes sense to me to adjust to that and counter accordingly.
O'Shea could do a job in this one, where a steady hand, experience and organizational skills could be useful.
They've lost less games than us, many of them close. It might be low-scoring, and I'd take a 1-0 win in a heartbeat.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Feb 2019 22:48

Hound I think I'd play Baker and Swift in CM and Harriott as number 10. Oli, Barrow/Gmac and Meite up top.

Not sure its a game to bring in East. Loader possibly at number 10, but wasn't particularly convincing before he got dropped

Might as well play me and you as Baker and Swift.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Feb 2019 00:24

Ian Royal > Liam Kelly

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Feb 2019 06:58

Snowflake Royal
Hound I think I'd play Baker and Swift in CM and Harriott as number 10. Oli, Barrow/Gmac and Meite up top.

Not sure its a game to bring in East. Loader possibly at number 10, but wasn't particularly convincing before he got dropped

Might as well play me and you as Baker and Swift.

I’m up for it if you are

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 21 Feb 2019 17:38

--------------------------Martinez-------------------------

--------------Moore----Miazga----Blackett------------

-Yiadom-------------------------------------------Gunter-

-------------------Baker--------Swift----------------------

----Mccleary-----------------------------------Harriott---

---------------------------Oliviera----------------------------

Subs- Walker, Richards, O'Shea, Kelly, Ejaria, Barrow, Bod

Think Gunter may be a better option at LB with his aerial capability, especially with Rotherham's Hoof tactics.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Feb 2019 18:11

17/18 Birmingham came to the Mad Stad in the bottom three with zero away wins all season...Reading 0-2 Birmingham

18/19 Rotherham are at the Mad Stad with zero away wins all season
Surely not again? This is including them travelling to Bolton, Ipswich, Millwall and Wigan already

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Feb 2019 18:27

Sorry, when did Gunter get aerial capability? I genuinely missed that.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Feb 2019 08:40

Royals-lad14 Think Gunter may be a better option at LB with his aerial capability, especially with Rotherham's Hoof tactics.

Sorry but this is hilarious. Chris Gunter being brave enough to win an aerial battle :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Barcelona Blue

by Barcelona Blue » 22 Feb 2019 09:21

Someone earlier said about putting U23 Ryan east in there, I know he made the bench for the United game but just been on YouTube to see if I can see him but not too much on there- anyone whose been to U23 game -what´s he like? is he good enough to step in?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 22 Feb 2019 09:34

Barcelona Blue Someone earlier said about putting U23 Ryan east in there, I know he made the bench for the United game but just been on YouTube to see if I can see him but not too much on there- anyone whose been to U23 game -what´s he like? is he good enough to step in?

Really good left foot and useless right foot. Decent player but he`s quite small- about the same height as Kelly. He has also recently added goals to his game. He does the simple things well . if needed tomorrow i reckon he wouldn`t let us down.

Barcelona Blue

by Barcelona Blue » 22 Feb 2019 10:33

Royals and Racers
Barcelona Blue Someone earlier said about putting U23 Ryan east in there, I know he made the bench for the United game but just been on YouTube to see if I can see him but not too much on there- anyone whose been to U23 game -what´s he like? is he good enough to step in?

Really good left foot and useless right foot. Decent player but he`s quite small- about the same height as Kelly. He has also recently added goals to his game. He does the simple things well . if needed tomorrow i reckon he wouldn`t let us down.

Thanks RandR, it might be the game to bring him in then, It´s ok to be small as long as hes strong as its going to be tough in the midfield on saturdayl, nice to know weve got another option though

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 22 Feb 2019 10:37

Id imagine given Reading's leaking of early goals, that Rotherham will throw the kitchen sink for the first 10/15 minutes to get the lead, and then for the remainder of the game defend like the Alamo!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Feb 2019 12:50

DOYLERSAROYALER Id imagine given Reading's leaking of early goals, that Rotherham will throw the kitchen sink for the first 10/15 minutes to get the lead, and then for the remainder of the game defend like the Alamo!

Alamo? Defending like a Wendy House should be sufficient.

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 22 Feb 2019 13:09

Old Man Andrews
Royals-lad14 Think Gunter may be a better option at LB with his aerial capability, especially with Rotherham's Hoof tactics.

Sorry but this is hilarious. Chris Gunter being brave enough to win an aerial battle :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Much much better than Richards... considering Gunter has also played CB before...

187 posts