BFTG Ipswich

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Ipswich

by Zip » 03 Mar 2019 10:26

Jagermesiter1871
Zip My 16 year old son was at his girlfriends revising for his GCSE’s this afternoon. He was fuming when I relayed that Ipswich had equalised and turned his mobile off in disgust. Just before five pm he switched his mobile back in and for some reason his text was in French. Either way he saw the final score and was a happy lad.

Are you sure he was revising and was a happy lad because of the score?

:lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2019 10:31

oxf*rd me the highlights dont look good. We could easily have been battered instead of won.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Mar 2019 10:38

Snowflake Royal oxf*rd me the highlights dont look good. We could easily have been battered instead of won.

I started watching on a stream after about 35 minutes and it was scary. Admittedly I had missed the better part of our performance but we were very shaky. We desperately lack someone who can tackle and win the ball in midfield. We all know that but it really was so evident yesterday.
Martinez was superb and from what I saw was kicking long far more often than playing it short.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 03 Mar 2019 10:56

From 19 minutes to 40 we were great. We scored a very nice goal
and were beating the Ipswich defence with so much ease it was
embarrassing. The game should have been over before half-time.

We won because we had the best striker on the pitch who was fed
by a classy, if ageing winger, after an improving ex-Man Utd player
played a delightful ball over the top.

We won because we had a very good keeper brought in on loan
who DID HIS JOB.

We won because the manager brought on a sub, who at his best can
make or take goals.

We won because we have a spirit and togetherness not seen since
McDermott, and before that Coppell.

We won because Ipswich were junk.

If the reverse had happened and we'd missed some clear chances, the Ipswich keeper
had had a blinder, but nevertheless we equalised near time only to lose to a killer goal
in the 90th minute, would we really be saying "Reading were unucky." ?

Ipswich HAD TO come at us. Classic 0-1 down at home and nothing to lose.

They were crude and just lumped it in there like a poor League 1 side.

They had just drawn three on the trot. We were away

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Mar 2019 11:29

could watch this all day :D stick that you inbreds.

https://twitter.com/_GeorgeRFC/status/1 ... 0231405568

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Mar 2019 11:41

Ark Royal
leon I was on my allotment and at 1-1 my phone died.

Imagine my surprise at coming home at 5 30.

I’m a grown man with all sorts of shit going down but this has made me very happy.

Almost the same for me. My phone died on my way to my local coffee shop and I was in bad fcuking mood thinking it was 1-1 and then the Besiktas-supporting owner showed me the final score. Gave him a big hug. A GOOD day.

My corner shop man supports Galatasaray but follows Reading's results after our football discussions.

A real RTG fan who feels that refs in Turkey are all against his team and , although they have VAR for league games, he says that refs never refer to it if a decision might favour his team!!
Biased fans the world over and not just on here eh?

As for yesterday, great result even if we struggle against every team but these loan players might just save us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Mar 2019 11:51

windermereROYAL could watch this all day :D stick that you inbreds.

Lovely stuff and wonderful timing from Oliveira. Serves them right.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Mar 2019 12:16

Zip

Superb stuff.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2019 12:27

If we're without both Oliveira and Rinomhota for any length of time we're not winning many more games, especially now we've virtually no more games against the real shit in the division.

Not to mention Martinez.

Very worrying knocks to Nelson and Emi.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Mar 2019 12:47

That woman on the highlights during the celebration after the winning goal who whacks Yiadom so hard he nearly coughed up his pelvic bone probably needs to rein it in a bit.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Mar 2019 13:34

Snowflake Royal If we're without both Oliveira and Rinomhota for any length of time we're not winning many more games, especially now we've virtually no more games against the real shit in the division.

Not to mention Martinez.

Guess what - it's the real shit in the division who are fighting for survival who will battle the most and probably give us our toughest games.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Mar 2019 14:00

Snowflake Royal If we're without both Oliveira and Rinomhota for any length of time we're not winning many more games, especially now we've virtually no more games against the real shit in the division.

Not to mention Martinez.

I think the midfield 3 are coping ok. Not brilliantly but reasonably well. Baker had a decent game from what I saw

Martinez should be fine I reckon. Motm for us and played all game with the injury. Oliveira obviously a huge blow. Meite will need to step up. Annoying that both Bod and Baldock also permacrocked as either could have deputised

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Mar 2019 14:21

Zip

Oliveira is the kind of shithouse who it’s not a good idea to wind up. Will thrive on it

Like Brian Lara when he used to play cricket - best way to deal with him is not give him attention or sledge

Still it’s a great vid. Stupid 6 fingered tossers

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Mar 2019 14:24

Hound
Zip

Oliveira is the kind of shithouse who it’s not a good idea to wind up. Will thrive on it

Like Brian Lara when he used to play cricket - best way to deal with him is not give him attention or sledge

Still it’s a great vid. Stupid 6 fingered tossers

Sadly depending on the seriousness of his injury yesterday could be the last time we see him in a Reading shirt, sincerely hope I`m wrong, but it`s possible.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Mar 2019 14:31

It was funny listening to BBCRB where you could clearly hear Nelson getting absolute pelters which Dim failed to comment on and after the goal suggested he had got a bit lost and accidentally celebrated in front of the home fans, then a couple of minutes later he remembered that there might be a link to the fact he plays for Norwich, at which point he went all Helen Lovejoy and became concerned at his behaviour.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2019 14:39

RoyalBlue

Not to mention Martinez.

Guess what - it's the real shit in the division who are fighting for survival who will battle the most and probably give us our toughest games.

Sheffield Utd, Derby and Swansea mays suggest thats a somewhat questionable opinion.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2019 14:44

Hound

Not to mention Martinez.

I think the midfield 3 are coping ok. Not brilliantly but reasonably well. Baker had a decent game from what I saw

Are they though?

Rotherham dominated without creating much second half. Ipswich created a hatful of chances. And theyre two of the three worst sides in the division.

Baker's uptick in form is the potential saviour. IF he can maintain it against better teams.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Mar 2019 15:23

Yeah I’d say ok. We did dominate Rotherham and Ipswich first half. It’s obvs not ideal but they’re not doing too badly. Bar the little spell of Rino and Bacuna in tandem we’ve not really dominated the midfield consistently for 2 years

Wouldn’t change it to Rino was back fully fit

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 03 Mar 2019 15:46

Hahaha. Watch this from 12 min 16 secs.

First the farmers giving it the big one at Nelson for being Naaarwich and for being physically assaulted and, when he scores, they go a smidge radio rental.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMex1xHdzP8

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2019 16:38

Hound Yeah I’d say ok. We did dominate Rotherham and Ipswich first half. It’s obvs not ideal but they’re not doing too badly. Bar the little spell of Rino and Bacuna in tandem we’ve not really dominated the midfield consistently for 2 years

Wouldn’t change it to Rino was back fully fit

Yeah, theres no change available and youve got to give them a chance to build on 'just about done enough' anyway.

I just have little faith that better sides wont destroy us there and take their chances better.

Still think we should at least have a U23 midfielder on the bench for matchday experience. And you never know, we might even make a game safe with 15 minutes to go so we can give them a run out.

Certainly over pissing McShane.