BFTG - PNE

135 posts
Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - PNE

by Jack Celliers » 30 Mar 2019 22:39

The first half was great: for once it was us who seemed a bit bigger, faster and stronger in the tackle than the opposition, and for once it was the opposition who gave a way a goal.

In the second half, they played into our hands with all that injury nonsense. The game never got going.

Goalie: 7

Blackett: 7
Yiadom: 8 he must be close to player of the season
Moore: 7
Mazda: 8 some very good tackles

Rinomota: 8 brilliant to have him back
Baker: 8 best home performance so far
Ejaria: 8 deserved a goal
Swift: 9 he hadn't put a foot wrong and then produced that pass

Barrow: 8 deserved his goall
Meite: 7 good goal, and some tireless running, but that dive was embarrassing.

Gomes: 6 bizarre subs?

Mcshane: looked completely out of place

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Mar 2019 23:04

Mcshane: looked completely out of place

There”s probaly a reason for that...first showing in seven months+

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Mar 2019 23:28

AthleticoSpizz Mcshane: looked completely out of place

There”s probaly a reason for that...first showing in seven months+

That's nice.

What was his excuse when he was shit 7 months ago?
Last edited by sandman on 30 Mar 2019 23:41, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Mar 2019 23:34

Dunno, you tell me

Lighten up :roll:

loving the ‘edit’

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 31 Mar 2019 00:13

AthleticoSpizz Dunno, you tell me

loving the ‘edit’

He’s shit and slow. And a bit of a liability.

biff

by biff » 31 Mar 2019 02:29

People making excuses for McShane like he doesnt train to kick a ball every day for hours, week in week out. Absolute pony, need to be sent for glue.

Baizuo

by Baizuo » 31 Mar 2019 05:36

How was Sean Maguire? He seems to be fitting into the PNE team fairly well.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 31 Mar 2019 07:20

From Despair To Where? I believe the whole thing about the team spirit is entirely down to the manager. He's come in from Day 1 with an infectious positivity, he's kind of put his arm around the squad and given them a fair crack, sussed out pretty quickly what needs changing, implemented changes and by and large they are responding. He's also seems to have really invested emotionally in the club. It may just be PR on his part but it's pretty effective and I think people respond to it.

It's all about man management and i think he's brilliant at it. you don't hear many people still moaning about his less than stellar CV.

Well his CV IS less than stellar!
But he's done the two things we needed to do:
1. Build positivity with the fans via the local press.
2. Stopped signing players. Getting the loan players in not only adds stability to the permanent squad but gives us lots of options in the closed season

Cant comment on his man management but, yes, I am far more optimistic now then when we appointed him.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 31 Mar 2019 08:29

Snowflake Royal Oh yeah, the only difference for Ejaria and Baker is that they started slower and have had some downs as well as ups. The other three have just been consistently a cut above. The other two are left somewhat in their shadow by just how good those three are.

That's probably a little unfair, Ejaria has been a little up and down, but he offers something different to what we have. Not had a player like him with the ball-stuck-to-the-boot since Kebe or Little. He's young, he's going to make mistakes, but I like him. Baker has got better and better. He's really made that deep-lying midfield role his own and I'd say he's been our best player over the last 4 games combined.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 31 Mar 2019 08:45

Really enjoyed that yesterday. Swift’s turn and pass for the goal was excellent. Mia zag was my MOTM - absolute rock at the back.

Good to have Rinomhota back but he was blowing hard from about 40 minutes. If you watched him closely in the second half he did very little of his usual pressing but was very disciplined sitting in front of the back four and breaking up play.

Barrow looks a different player. As someone else said perhaps it is because he had few defensive responsibilities when playing up front. I also think he’s involved in the game a lot more rather than being stuck on the touch line which seems to help too. Also thought McCleary did well when he came on.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 31 Mar 2019 08:55

Indeed McShane has lost his legs. But he’s been a great servant to this club & people seem to have forgotten that pretty quickly. He’s not made many mistakes here - all people seem to remember was 2 mistakes at Blackburn!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Mar 2019 09:58

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
From Despair To Where? I believe the whole thing about the team spirit is entirely down to the manager. He's come in from Day 1 with an infectious positivity, he's kind of put his arm around the squad and given them a fair crack, sussed out pretty quickly what needs changing, implemented changes and by and large they are responding. He's also seems to have really invested emotionally in the club. It may just be PR on his part but it's pretty effective and I think people respond to it.

It's all about man management and i think he's brilliant at it. you don't hear many people still moaning about his less than stellar CV.

Well his CV IS less than stellar!
But he's done the two things we needed to do:
1. Build positivity with the fans via the local press.
2. Stopped signing players. Getting the loan players in not only adds stability to the permanent squad but gives us lots of options in the closed season

Cant comment on his man management but, yes, I am far more optimistic now then when we appointed him.

People only really talk about the CV before a manager's had 10 - 12 games.

You wouldn't be talking about an unimpressive or impressive CV of a manager 15 games in whether he'd won 60% or 10%. You'd be talking about performance at that point.

Gomes has performed. That's all that matters. He's got to continue to perform to the end of the season and then do a whole lot more rebuilding given some of our deadweight and our current major reliance on loanees. And likely on a budget.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Mar 2019 10:03

leon
AthleticoSpizz Dunno, you tell me

loving the ‘edit’

He’s shit and slow. And a bit of a liability.

mrs leon says the same about you. 8)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Mar 2019 10:07

Notts Royal Indeed McShane has lost his legs. But he’s been a great servant to this club & people seem to have forgotten that pretty quickly. He’s not made many mistakes here - all people seem to remember was 2 mistakes at Blackburn!

It was painful yesterday especially the audible groans that accompanied each mistake. He’s certainly made his share of mistakes in the past but in essence your comments are fair. He has been a good servant to this club and has conducted himself well over the past few months. He has stayed positive and still seems to have the respect of his team mates.

I wish him well but his time with us is at an end.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Mar 2019 10:08

Quick scan of the PNE forum was quite complimentary

‘Faster, fitter, stronger’ than them. Did not ever believe I’d see that written about us after the last couple of years. Esp against a team like PNE

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Mar 2019 10:09

Zip
Notts Royal Indeed McShane has lost his legs. But he’s been a great servant to this club & people seem to have forgotten that pretty quickly. He’s not made many mistakes here - all people seem to remember was 2 mistakes at Blackburn!

It was painful yesterday especially the audible groans that accompanied each mistake. He’s certainly made his share of mistakes in the past but in essence your comments are fair. He has been a good servant to this club and has conducted himself well over the past few months. He has stayed positive and still seems to have the respect of his team mates.

Yeah exactly. A good professional etc and did a great job for us in year 1 and 2. But he’s had it now. Was so far off the level. He’ll do a good job in L1 for someone for a couple of years

Worthingroyal

by Worthingroyal » 31 Mar 2019 10:50

Hound
Zip

Yeah exactly. A good professional etc and did a great job for us in year 1 and 2. But he’s had it now. Was so far off the level. He’ll do a good job in L1 for someone for a couple of years

I think it is only fair that the following players are released on a free at the end of season.
McShane, Gunter, McCleary, Meyler, Baldock and McNulty

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 31 Mar 2019 11:03

Worthingroyal
Hound
Zip

I think it is only fair that the following players are released on a free at the end of season.

Why?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 31 Mar 2019 11:22

Worthingroyal
Hound
Zip

Idiot/Troll?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 31 Mar 2019 11:23

Hound
Zip

Never forgiven him for Stevenage away.

Genuinely think his standard is far below L1 now.

135 posts